Permanent Sylvari Glow Infusion

The topic.

Speaks for itself really, I love how my sylvari looks when his glow pattern is on, but honestly during the daytime he doesn't really look how I want. How about a very easy to implement "infusion" that would enable a permanent Sylvari glow, freeing it from the day/night cycle restrictions. Since it would have stats and agony resistance, it would have to be at least as expensive as a stat AR infusion. A small achievement to unlock it and then craft would be fine. Just don't make it some 0.001% infusion obviously.

Since this is just something for Sylvari, I wanted to emphasize the idea that this would require minimal development/implementation time. I'm guessing if this was ever added, it would be a bit of a lunchbreak project - something akin to the Invisible Boots. I understand that this is sort of a selfish request, but since there are many Sylvari, and many who I suspect would want this infusion, I felt it was justifiable to request it.

> @"Cronospere.8143" said:

> No.

> Why would a sylvari glow at day when thats not who they are..

Why would a Charr using Ember infusion be glowing like molten magma? Why would a female warrior be wearing skimpy shorts and a Guild Wars 2 t shirt? Why would an Asura using the toy infusion be made of wood? How do some of the more implausible weapons even inflict damage?

If your answer to any of these is magic, then the Sylvari who are glowing during the day are doing so via magic.

I honestly think it’s laughable that my actually sensible and even plausibly lore friendly (compared to other things in the game) suggestion made you say no.

How is techno Raptor and Christmas Springer okay but a sylvari that always glows isn’t?

Sorry, it just seems like you’re disagreeing just because you’re bored and I can’t respect that.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> I would love an option to make Sylvari glow permanent. I would prefer a UI checkbox rather than an infusion which might be only available for 10000 gold on the Trading Post for a few lucky players.

>

> And while we’re at it, more skimpy armor to show off my Sylvari glow, my Norn tattoos and my Charr fur patterns.

I totally agree, and a checkbox would be better I agree, sadly I hadn’t really thought of that before I made the topic.

But ultimately I would welcome any method which made this possible.

> @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > @"Cronospere.8143" said:

> > No.

> > Why would a sylvari glow at day when thats not who they are..

>

> Why would a Charr using Ember infusion be glowing like molten magma? Why would a female warrior be wearing skimpy shorts and a Guild Wars 2 t shirt? Why would an Asura using the toy infusion be made of wood? How do some of the more implausible weapons even inflict damage?

>

> If your answer to any of these is magic, then the Sylvari who are glowing during the day are doing so via magic.

>

> I honestly think it’s laughable that my actually sensible and even plausibly lore friendly (compared to other things in the game) suggestion made you say no.

>

> How is techno Raptor and Christmas Springer okay but a sylvari that always glows isn’t?

>

> Sorry, it just seems like you’re disagreeing just because you’re bored and I can’t respect that.

>

>

>

If you make a suggestion accept that some other people dont like it.

You dont know my preferences of other items. So respect my opinion. My toy infusion is idle in my bank because i dont like it in my view of how the game should look. Same like all the SAB gliders and stuff. I dont like it.

I like the fact that sylvari only glow during night. Makes them extremely unique in their looks. If you make it permanent then its just a normal glowing character. If they put it in the game, I would not completely be hyped. I rather like the devs to spend their time in guild content, which probably you dont like. And i respect that.

I'd prefer to keep it as it is, but add an option to make it permanent. Sylvari bioluminescence is one of the main things which draws me to the race, especially that it's tied to the day/night cycle (which is handy for certain sigils). This nighttime-only effect adds a sense of wonder, as it did in the Avatar film and in our own world, and in my opinion making that permanent would reduce the attraction.

> @"Cronospere.8143" said:

> > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > > @"Cronospere.8143" said:

> > > No.

> > > Why would a sylvari glow at day when thats not who they are..

> >

> > Why would a Charr using Ember infusion be glowing like molten magma? Why would a female warrior be wearing skimpy shorts and a Guild Wars 2 t shirt? Why would an Asura using the toy infusion be made of wood? How do some of the more implausible weapons even inflict damage?

> >

> > If your answer to any of these is magic, then the Sylvari who are glowing during the day are doing so via magic.

> >

> > I honestly think it’s laughable that my actually sensible and even plausibly lore friendly (compared to other things in the game) suggestion made you say no.

> >

> > How is techno Raptor and Christmas Springer okay but a sylvari that always glows isn’t?

> >

> > Sorry, it just seems like you’re disagreeing just because you’re bored and I can’t respect that.

> >

> >

> >

>

> If you make a suggestion accept that some other people dont like it.

> You dont know my preferences of other items. So respect my opinion. My toy infusion is idle in my bank because i dont like it in my view of how the game should look. Same like all the SAB gliders and stuff. I dont like it.

>

> I like the fact that sylvari only glow during night. Makes them extremely unique in their looks. If you make it permanent then its just a normal glowing character. If they put it in the game, I would not completely be hyped. I rather like the devs to spend their time in guild content, which probably you dont like. And i respect that.

If you don't want a permanent bio-luminescent glow you don't have to use it. Those of us who would love this change should be able to have it. I'm tired of the 'no' people on any topic chiming in as if their word should be 'law'. No one is forced to use anything in the game that they don't want to...

It's a Sylvari thing... we'd like this... ^ ^ Those that don't want it can leave their slider to the left...

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> I'm ambivalent about the topic; but, if the Devs are going to work on a QoL feature, I'd rather they work on _my_ pet project.

>

> Just one player's opinion.

We can discuss that. We need to compare which of the requests we have are most popular to really decide which would be worth the time of implementation, considering mine is easy to add and would benefit potentially everyone playing Sylvari whereas you have neglected to even state your request...

• 6 months later...

Im going to necro this thread. Ill also chime in my thoughts/requests.

A drop down selection for sylvaris with the ability to choose from the following:

Glow during the day only

Glow during night only

Always Glow

Turn Glow Off

My justification for my request: there are so many kinds of plants. Why limit them to 1 feature?

Not to mention that adding in features for races other than human might also increase their player base. Currently, the human population is more than double the second highest populated race(asura) with their(human) playtime being TRIPLED the second most played race(sylvari). This is absurd. There needs to be better features for the other races.

I main a Sylvari and, in my honest opinion, the bioluminescence should be left alone. Its an effect that is unique to the Sylvari and makes sense from a thematic POV. Using the argument of 'we have magic, its fine' is wrong. If I suddenly thought hey, my Charr would look cool with an extra arm on one side should that mean a toggle for that?

I might be a little biased because I hate the idea and look of infusions that have made the game look like if a cat ate glitter and puked it up on the rug. But they're here now and those like me have to put up with them. You're effectively asking for a Sylvari infusion.

> @"Thereon.3495" said:

> I main a Sylvari and, in my honest opinion, the bioluminescence should be left alone. Its an effect that is unique to the Sylvari and makes sense from a thematic POV. Using the argument of 'we have magic, its fine' is wrong. If I suddenly thought hey, my Charr would look cool with an extra arm on one side should that mean a toggle for that?

>

> I might be a little biased because I hate the idea and look of infusions that have made the game look like if a cat ate glitter and puked it up on the rug. But they're here now and those like me have to put up with them. You're effectively asking for a Sylvari infusion.

It would only work on Sylvari (obviously...), it would just mean your Sylvari can glow during the day too if you only like how your sylvari looks whilst glowing.