Non-Hungry Cat Scavenger Hunt Cats

Lottie.5370

Apologies, and I know you are jesting, but please no. I love cats so I don't know why this particular cutesy bit of slang irritates me so much, but the substitution of "meow" for "now" seems infantile to me. It isn't, the people using it aren't idiots, this is purely subjective, but whenever I see it my gut reaction is to discount whatever the person was saying and back away from talking to them. I really don't want it creeping into canon Tyria.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> Apologies, and I know you are jesting, but please no. I love cats so I don't know why this particular cutesy bit of slang irritates me so much, but the substitution of "meow" for "now" seems infantile to me. It isn't, the people using it aren't idiots, this is purely subjective, but whenever I see it my gut reaction is to discount whatever the person was saying and back away from talking to them. I really don't want it creeping into canon Tyria.

Agreed, wholeheartedly. That line is a bit of communication between the game and the player. I don't want the game to use a vernacular you hear from children. I can maybe see it reworked as an in-character line from an NPC.

> @"MikeG.6389" said:

> > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > Apologies, and I know you are jesting, but please no. I love cats so I don't know why this particular cutesy bit of slang irritates me so much, but the substitution of "meow" for "now" seems infantile to me. It isn't, the people using it aren't idiots, this is purely subjective, but whenever I see it my gut reaction is to discount whatever the person was saying and back away from talking to them. I really don't want it creeping into canon Tyria.

>

> Agreed, wholeheartedly. That line is a bit of communication between the game and the player. I don't want the game to use a vernacular you hear from children. I can maybe see it reworked as an in-character line from an NPC.

So you're not saying that everything along these lines needs to stop right meow . . ?