Grothmar Grand Tour (gold) too tight?

Compared to the other races in the same map, the gold time is really hard to beat. I have been trying it everyday without luck, with my best times always slightly above 2 mins. The other races are more (or way more) forgiving. A single mistake in the Grothmar Grand Tour and gold is lost (at least for me).

Of course it’s doable, and yes, some people got considerably lower timers. But that’s not the point. We all know that some people solo fractals (even CM’s), and that doesn’t make them achievable for 99% of the players.

Personally, I find the key to getting gold is:

A ) Not messing up majorly (IE completely missing a turn, running on blue speed for too long or spinning out). Small errors or a few crashes are okay.

B ) Don't boost while going down the ramp of blood keep. Just don't xD

C ) Drift through the ending without losing speed (failing that, just hop off the beetle and run the last 2 corners of the race on a raptor)

It was hard, but it's definitely doable with a bit of trial, error and muscle memory.

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> C ) Drift through the ending without losing speed (failing that, just hop off the beetle and run the last 2 corners of the race on a raptor)

>

> It was hard, but it's definitely doable with a bit of trial, error and muscle memory.

I'll have to try that raptor thing you say. Between the water and the sharp curve right after the uphill, I am really unable to avoid losing almost all my speed in that very last part of the race.

I actually have more trouble with the skimmer race. I always have to do that trial a few times before I get it . . .

And while I don't really have trouble with the beetle race, it isn't really one of my favorites either. I love beetle racing generally, but this map's example seems a little more disjointed, too much stop-and-go. Just my opinion . . .