> > @"Ocean.1469" said:

> > > @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > > > @"Ocean.1469" said:

> > > > > @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > > > > > @"Ocean.1469" said:

> > > > > > > @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ocean.1469" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > > > > > The problem is how easily they stack poison and all the trash cover condis you can put in the length of 1 immob / steal / dodge.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Doing literally 3 actions in less than 1.25 seconds lands on an enemy: weakness, poison, bleeding, torment, cripple, confusion and vuln if you trait for it.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > With old sigils you could also add chill to that lmao.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The problem is that, with low population this kind of cheese build is counter productive in bringing any new players to pvp or keeping new players and even many old players do not like this build.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I don't understand the support for condi theif myself, pretty much everyone I have actually spoken to in game, even the ones playing condi theif have all said they would sooner see it gone but just play it because it carries vs new players easily.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > People in this game seem to forget that we have low population at the moment and can't afford for builds like this to be upsetting the status further, we need to look at balancing builds better without constant spike damage and focus on creating a meta which has more counter play other than who can nuke who first and snowball the fastest.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nothing but hyperbole and anecdotal nonsense in your post. I play a Condition thief and do not want to see it gone. I really can not see how any person that is legit can claim "I play condition thief and want to see it gone". If they want to see it gone do not play it. I play p/d condition thief using the DE spec. It hardly OP and does not do any of what you suggest in your post.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you want to talk about a specific thief , in this case s/d condition then you are talking about THAT build and not condition thief. I do not understand how people can not grasp this.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And yes as rowdy suggests the condition thief using the old traps was deadlier then today's version. S/d thief is not that great a build if people would take the time to understand how it works. They do not want to do that so pretend that the issue is with all condition thieves.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I would have thought it is obvious that we were talking about s/d condition. The deadeye spec is far better and has some counter play I agree, but you completely missed my point.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > With S/d condi theif in the current meta game in a ranked game where you are often playing with 1 good player on each team and 3-4 low silver or lower, they have absolutely no understanding and all you do is watch the condi theif evade over each one of them twice and they die one by one, there is nothing you can do to carry these games sometimes and like I said in my post this is counter productive in helping to keep new players in ranked and bring new ones in.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Low population is our biggest problem and for as long as people refuse to see cheese builds being a big part of that problem and call it a l2p git gud issue, low population will always be a massive problem for the game.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But it's whatever, like burnfall said I'm just hurting myself talking about it. I should really just try and enjoy whats left of this game.

> > > > >

> > > > > No it was not rather obvious you were talking about s/d thief. The very title of this thread is nerf Condition thief. It does not say Nerf s/d condition thief. Added to that theso called fixes (see venoms) affect other condition builds. If one is talking only about s/d condition then why on earth suggest fixes that impact those other builds?

> > > >

> > > > I'll save you the hassle and tell you that every "nerf condi theif" thread is about s/d condition. Also I did not mention any fixes let alone fixes that affect other builds, so please don't get on the defensive about your build potentially getting nerfed, that's not what I or anyone else is asking for. Personally I don't have a problem with deadeye condi, fought one the other day and I thought it had good counter play to it, but then I haven't fought that build enough either to say that with full confidence. I'm not extremely knowledgeable when it comes to technicalities, I'm a solo player, I don't have a lot of time and I have to learn everything for myself.

> > > >

> > > > What you are not seeing is my perspective, all you care about is your build. What I am saying is that s/d condi trolls through and destroys new players far too easily. It is making ranked games lop sided and thus not enjoyable to play. It is an ez mode build with not much counter play and is not healthy to the spvp game mode with long term low population issues. I literally picked this build up in one game during season and was trolling through new players and even supposed experienced players no problems at all, because everyone is playing solo que s/d theif can even troll right up in plat as well because you can't communicate where he is to easily counter him. He ports in with a condi bomb and in a split second the fight can be over.

> > > >

> > > > The way I feel is that anybody actually defending this build has no idea what it's like to play ranked up at top 250 level and see how difficult games are when you actually get matched with all high plat players only then for them to use s/d theif to easily pick off your stray team mates. It's all good if people swap to counter comp but otherwise you are looking at a lop sided boring game. So if s/d theif can troll platinum players imagine how hard it can troll through new players, it's multiplicative. This skews leaderboards and makes the game even more unenjoyable, I really can't understand why people don't see this?? How can you enjoy something which kills the game??

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > If you would properly identify the TYPE of condition build that is causing the problem then you can more readily counter that build.

> > >

> > > Port/dodge/dodge might work against poorer players but once it understood how they get those conditions on then the port/dodge/dodge thief has to change tactics. They have few other ways of applying conditions. The dodge missiles from impaling have a limited range. In fact after the initial port to the target with an infiltrators if that target just dodges back he is very often out of range of those missiles. You do not have to STAND there. Dodge out of range of the impaling followup strikes and you are left with a couple of stacks of poison. There plenty of counterplay.

> >

> > Again you don't acknowledge a single thing I said. Just spewing out advice to somebody who doesn't need it, quite clearly on the defensive and not willing to see what is good for the game, it's very selfish. By the way I played with and against you, and shock horror (not) you were playing s/d condi theif. Omegalul.

>

> No you did not play against me, I do not have nor have i played a s/d condi thief. . The only s/x spec I have is s/p power and I have used s/d power.

>

> My condition build is a p/d sb thief using the DE line and has always been and I have also played d/d condition. If you look back at my posting history to the time Daredevil released I was never fond of the Daredevil condition build for p/d and always felt it substandard.

>

> If you have to make things up to make a point you have no argument whatsoever and are not worth the bother. You cant not be taken seriously because you just make things up.

>

> As to leaderboards and the like, I do not care about them. As further evidence that you just make things up, I do not PvP. Never have so you could not possibly have played with me or against me.

Think about what you are saying bro, you are just digging a bigger grave as they say. You're now saying you've been arguing with me on a PvP post about a PvP build when you don't even PvP?!

Imagine if Anet would actually listen to the people that play high level sPvP for balancing, and the high level ones that actually care for the game to have a healthy meta which invites new players in to grow with fairly balanced builds that have good counter play and which require skill to play well. That would be a great game.

No instead we have trolls on the forums that only play one build and class and don't care for anything outside of that build and class enough to actually make what they are saying sound sensible enough, yet Anet will still balance around them because they are the majority now. It's a shame to see this game in such an ez mode state, and to see all the low players on here crying for it to be even easier instead of having something balanced and competitive.

This is the worst PvP meta we have ever had and we're about to go into another whole season of it just before christmas, it's insanity.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ocean.1469" said:

> > @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > > @"Ocean.1469" said:

> > > > @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > > > > @"Ocean.1469" said:

> > > > > > @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ocean.1469" said:

> > > > > > > > @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Ocean.1469" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > > > > > > The problem is how easily they stack poison and all the trash cover condis you can put in the length of 1 immob / steal / dodge.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Doing literally 3 actions in less than 1.25 seconds lands on an enemy: weakness, poison, bleeding, torment, cripple, confusion and vuln if you trait for it.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > With old sigils you could also add chill to that lmao.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The problem is that, with low population this kind of cheese build is counter productive in bringing any new players to pvp or keeping new players and even many old players do not like this build.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I don't understand the support for condi theif myself, pretty much everyone I have actually spoken to in game, even the ones playing condi theif have all said they would sooner see it gone but just play it because it carries vs new players easily.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > People in this game seem to forget that we have low population at the moment and can't afford for builds like this to be upsetting the status further, we need to look at balancing builds better without constant spike damage and focus on creating a meta which has more counter play other than who can nuke who first and snowball the fastest.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Nothing but hyperbole and anecdotal nonsense in your post. I play a Condition thief and do not want to see it gone. I really can not see how any person that is legit can claim "I play condition thief and want to see it gone". If they want to see it gone do not play it. I play p/d condition thief using the DE spec. It hardly OP and does not do any of what you suggest in your post.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If you want to talk about a specific thief , in this case s/d condition then you are talking about THAT build and not condition thief. I do not understand how people can not grasp this.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And yes as rowdy suggests the condition thief using the old traps was deadlier then today's version. S/d thief is not that great a build if people would take the time to understand how it works. They do not want to do that so pretend that the issue is with all condition thieves.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I would have thought it is obvious that we were talking about s/d condition. The deadeye spec is far better and has some counter play I agree, but you completely missed my point.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > With S/d condi theif in the current meta game in a ranked game where you are often playing with 1 good player on each team and 3-4 low silver or lower, they have absolutely no understanding and all you do is watch the condi theif evade over each one of them twice and they die one by one, there is nothing you can do to carry these games sometimes and like I said in my post this is counter productive in helping to keep new players in ranked and bring new ones in.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Low population is our biggest problem and for as long as people refuse to see cheese builds being a big part of that problem and call it a l2p git gud issue, low population will always be a massive problem for the game.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But it's whatever, like burnfall said I'm just hurting myself talking about it. I should really just try and enjoy whats left of this game.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No it was not rather obvious you were talking about s/d thief. The very title of this thread is nerf Condition thief. It does not say Nerf s/d condition thief. Added to that theso called fixes (see venoms) affect other condition builds. If one is talking only about s/d condition then why on earth suggest fixes that impact those other builds?

> > > > >

> > > > > I'll save you the hassle and tell you that every "nerf condi theif" thread is about s/d condition. Also I did not mention any fixes let alone fixes that affect other builds, so please don't get on the defensive about your build potentially getting nerfed, that's not what I or anyone else is asking for. Personally I don't have a problem with deadeye condi, fought one the other day and I thought it had good counter play to it, but then I haven't fought that build enough either to say that with full confidence. I'm not extremely knowledgeable when it comes to technicalities, I'm a solo player, I don't have a lot of time and I have to learn everything for myself.

> > > > >

> > > > > What you are not seeing is my perspective, all you care about is your build. What I am saying is that s/d condi trolls through and destroys new players far too easily. It is making ranked games lop sided and thus not enjoyable to play. It is an ez mode build with not much counter play and is not healthy to the spvp game mode with long term low population issues. I literally picked this build up in one game during season and was trolling through new players and even supposed experienced players no problems at all, because everyone is playing solo que s/d theif can even troll right up in plat as well because you can't communicate where he is to easily counter him. He ports in with a condi bomb and in a split second the fight can be over.

> > > > >

> > > > > The way I feel is that anybody actually defending this build has no idea what it's like to play ranked up at top 250 level and see how difficult games are when you actually get matched with all high plat players only then for them to use s/d theif to easily pick off your stray team mates. It's all good if people swap to counter comp but otherwise you are looking at a lop sided boring game. So if s/d theif can troll platinum players imagine how hard it can troll through new players, it's multiplicative. This skews leaderboards and makes the game even more unenjoyable, I really can't understand why people don't see this?? How can you enjoy something which kills the game??

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > If you would properly identify the TYPE of condition build that is causing the problem then you can more readily counter that build.

> > > >

> > > > Port/dodge/dodge might work against poorer players but once it understood how they get those conditions on then the port/dodge/dodge thief has to change tactics. They have few other ways of applying conditions. The dodge missiles from impaling have a limited range. In fact after the initial port to the target with an infiltrators if that target just dodges back he is very often out of range of those missiles. You do not have to STAND there. Dodge out of range of the impaling followup strikes and you are left with a couple of stacks of poison. There plenty of counterplay.

> > >

> > > Again you don't acknowledge a single thing I said. Just spewing out advice to somebody who doesn't need it, quite clearly on the defensive and not willing to see what is good for the game, it's very selfish. By the way I played with and against you, and shock horror (not) you were playing s/d condi theif. Omegalul.

> >

> > No you did not play against me, I do not have nor have i played a s/d condi thief. . The only s/x spec I have is s/p power and I have used s/d power.

> >

> > My condition build is a p/d sb thief using the DE line and has always been and I have also played d/d condition. If you look back at my posting history to the time Daredevil released I was never fond of the Daredevil condition build for p/d and always felt it substandard.

> >

> > If you have to make things up to make a point you have no argument whatsoever and are not worth the bother. You cant not be taken seriously because you just make things up.

> >

> > As to leaderboards and the like, I do not care about them. As further evidence that you just make things up, I do not PvP. Never have so you could not possibly have played with me or against me.

>

> Think about what you are saying bro, you are just digging a bigger grave as they say. You're now saying you've been arguing with me on a PvP post about a PvP build when you don't even PvP?!

>

> Imagine if Anet would actually listen to the people that play high level sPvP for balancing, and the high level ones that actually care for the game to have a healthy meta which invites new players in to grow with fairly balanced builds that have good counter play and which require skill to play well. That would be a great game.

>

> No instead we have trolls on the forums that only play one build and class and don't care for anything outside of that build and class enough to actually make what they are saying sound sensible enough, yet Anet will still balance around them because they are the majority now. It's a shame to see this game in such an ez mode state, and to see all the low players on here crying for it to be even easier instead of having something balanced and competitive.

>

> This is the worst PvP meta we have ever had and we're about to go into another whole season of it just before christmas, it's insanity.

He’s a WvW player. So he does roam and outnumbered fights etc.

As a thief player, I’ve seems his posts over the years. I disagree with him sometimes but he always makes good points and has valid arguments about pvp (from a WvW perspective). He’s be the first to admit when a sPvP design aspect is outside of his expertise.

As of the patch, Deadly Ambition has been nerfed. One less stack of poison and no longer does it have 100% uptime. However, the nerf won’t reduce the overall damage output significantly. People may get off the band wagon thinking it has been nerfed into oblivion.

But, for those of us actually running real condi/hybrid builds in ranked (not as flavor of the month) this will change little.

S/D condi Daredevil is inferior to other options.

> @"Ocean.1469" said:

> > @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > > @"Ocean.1469" said:

> > > > @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > > > > @"Ocean.1469" said:

> > > > > > @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ocean.1469" said:

> > > > > > > > @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Ocean.1469" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > > > > > > The problem is how easily they stack poison and all the trash cover condis you can put in the length of 1 immob / steal / dodge.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Doing literally 3 actions in less than 1.25 seconds lands on an enemy: weakness, poison, bleeding, torment, cripple, confusion and vuln if you trait for it.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > With old sigils you could also add chill to that lmao.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The problem is that, with low population this kind of cheese build is counter productive in bringing any new players to pvp or keeping new players and even many old players do not like this build.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I don't understand the support for condi theif myself, pretty much everyone I have actually spoken to in game, even the ones playing condi theif have all said they would sooner see it gone but just play it because it carries vs new players easily.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > People in this game seem to forget that we have low population at the moment and can't afford for builds like this to be upsetting the status further, we need to look at balancing builds better without constant spike damage and focus on creating a meta which has more counter play other than who can nuke who first and snowball the fastest.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Nothing but hyperbole and anecdotal nonsense in your post. I play a Condition thief and do not want to see it gone. I really can not see how any person that is legit can claim "I play condition thief and want to see it gone". If they want to see it gone do not play it. I play p/d condition thief using the DE spec. It hardly OP and does not do any of what you suggest in your post.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If you want to talk about a specific thief , in this case s/d condition then you are talking about THAT build and not condition thief. I do not understand how people can not grasp this.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And yes as rowdy suggests the condition thief using the old traps was deadlier then today's version. S/d thief is not that great a build if people would take the time to understand how it works. They do not want to do that so pretend that the issue is with all condition thieves.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I would have thought it is obvious that we were talking about s/d condition. The deadeye spec is far better and has some counter play I agree, but you completely missed my point.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > With S/d condi theif in the current meta game in a ranked game where you are often playing with 1 good player on each team and 3-4 low silver or lower, they have absolutely no understanding and all you do is watch the condi theif evade over each one of them twice and they die one by one, there is nothing you can do to carry these games sometimes and like I said in my post this is counter productive in helping to keep new players in ranked and bring new ones in.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Low population is our biggest problem and for as long as people refuse to see cheese builds being a big part of that problem and call it a l2p git gud issue, low population will always be a massive problem for the game.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But it's whatever, like burnfall said I'm just hurting myself talking about it. I should really just try and enjoy whats left of this game.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No it was not rather obvious you were talking about s/d thief. The very title of this thread is nerf Condition thief. It does not say Nerf s/d condition thief. Added to that theso called fixes (see venoms) affect other condition builds. If one is talking only about s/d condition then why on earth suggest fixes that impact those other builds?

> > > > >

> > > > > I'll save you the hassle and tell you that every "nerf condi theif" thread is about s/d condition. Also I did not mention any fixes let alone fixes that affect other builds, so please don't get on the defensive about your build potentially getting nerfed, that's not what I or anyone else is asking for. Personally I don't have a problem with deadeye condi, fought one the other day and I thought it had good counter play to it, but then I haven't fought that build enough either to say that with full confidence. I'm not extremely knowledgeable when it comes to technicalities, I'm a solo player, I don't have a lot of time and I have to learn everything for myself.

> > > > >

> > > > > What you are not seeing is my perspective, all you care about is your build. What I am saying is that s/d condi trolls through and destroys new players far too easily. It is making ranked games lop sided and thus not enjoyable to play. It is an ez mode build with not much counter play and is not healthy to the spvp game mode with long term low population issues. I literally picked this build up in one game during season and was trolling through new players and even supposed experienced players no problems at all, because everyone is playing solo que s/d theif can even troll right up in plat as well because you can't communicate where he is to easily counter him. He ports in with a condi bomb and in a split second the fight can be over.

> > > > >

> > > > > The way I feel is that anybody actually defending this build has no idea what it's like to play ranked up at top 250 level and see how difficult games are when you actually get matched with all high plat players only then for them to use s/d theif to easily pick off your stray team mates. It's all good if people swap to counter comp but otherwise you are looking at a lop sided boring game. So if s/d theif can troll platinum players imagine how hard it can troll through new players, it's multiplicative. This skews leaderboards and makes the game even more unenjoyable, I really can't understand why people don't see this?? How can you enjoy something which kills the game??

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > If you would properly identify the TYPE of condition build that is causing the problem then you can more readily counter that build.

> > > >

> > > > Port/dodge/dodge might work against poorer players but once it understood how they get those conditions on then the port/dodge/dodge thief has to change tactics. They have few other ways of applying conditions. The dodge missiles from impaling have a limited range. In fact after the initial port to the target with an infiltrators if that target just dodges back he is very often out of range of those missiles. You do not have to STAND there. Dodge out of range of the impaling followup strikes and you are left with a couple of stacks of poison. There plenty of counterplay.

> > >

> > > Again you don't acknowledge a single thing I said. Just spewing out advice to somebody who doesn't need it, quite clearly on the defensive and not willing to see what is good for the game, it's very selfish. By the way I played with and against you, and shock horror (not) you were playing s/d condi theif. Omegalul.

> >

> > No you did not play against me, I do not have nor have i played a s/d condi thief. . The only s/x spec I have is s/p power and I have used s/d power.

> >

> > My condition build is a p/d sb thief using the DE line and has always been and I have also played d/d condition. If you look back at my posting history to the time Daredevil released I was never fond of the Daredevil condition build for p/d and always felt it substandard.

> >

> > If you have to make things up to make a point you have no argument whatsoever and are not worth the bother. You cant not be taken seriously because you just make things up.

> >

> > As to leaderboards and the like, I do not care about them. As further evidence that you just make things up, I do not PvP. Never have so you could not possibly have played with me or against me.

>

> Think about what you are saying bro, you are just digging a bigger grave as they say. You're now saying you've been arguing with me on a PvP post about a PvP build when you don't even PvP?!

>

> Imagine if Anet would actually listen to the people that play high level sPvP for balancing, and the high level ones that actually care for the game to have a healthy meta which invites new players in to grow with fairly balanced builds that have good counter play and which require skill to play well. That would be a great game.

>

> No instead we have trolls on the forums that only play one build and class and don't care for anything outside of that build and class enough to actually make what they are saying sound sensible enough, yet Anet will still balance around them because they are the majority now. It's a shame to see this game in such an ez mode state, and to see all the low players on here crying for it to be even easier instead of having something balanced and competitive.

>

> This is the worst PvP meta we have ever had and we're about to go into another whole season of it just before christmas, it's insanity.

No , Bro you still do not get it. You ascribe my objections to how the s/d build being discusses to personal self interest because I am only concerned about my thief. Well guess what it has no affect on my whatsoever in PvP because I do not play it. You then make up a statement that I play s/d condition andf you played against and with me which was an outright fabrication BRO.

I speak in the PVP topic because people make the same arguments in PVp as they do in WvW. I speak in the PvP topic because the same things they get wrong on what the issue is in PvP is what they get wrong in WvW. I speak in the PvP topic because the mechanics of how a given attack made are the same in PvP as they are in WvW. There dodges in both modes. There ability to close gaps in both modes. Thief uses INI in both bodes. P/d DE is superior to s/d DD condition in both modes.There cleanses in Both modes.I speak in the PvP topic because I do not think ANET should listen to people who do not even play thief, who do not understand how they work and who do not uderstand how to play against them other then to come to the boards and whine. I speak in the PvP topic because just like you and just like in WvW they are people who just make stuff up in order to convince ANET to address specific builds.

The last type of person ANET should listen to is the people who make stuff up when they post. They can not base changes around fabrications and you talk about another "digging a grave for himself" when you just outright lied about having played my s/d condition build? Really?

> @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > @"Ocean.1469" said:

> > > @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > > > @"Ocean.1469" said:

> > > > > @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > > > > > @"Ocean.1469" said:

> > > > > > > @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ocean.1469" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Ocean.1469" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > The problem is how easily they stack poison and all the trash cover condis you can put in the length of 1 immob / steal / dodge.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Doing literally 3 actions in less than 1.25 seconds lands on an enemy: weakness, poison, bleeding, torment, cripple, confusion and vuln if you trait for it.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > With old sigils you could also add chill to that lmao.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > The problem is that, with low population this kind of cheese build is counter productive in bringing any new players to pvp or keeping new players and even many old players do not like this build.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I don't understand the support for condi theif myself, pretty much everyone I have actually spoken to in game, even the ones playing condi theif have all said they would sooner see it gone but just play it because it carries vs new players easily.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > People in this game seem to forget that we have low population at the moment and can't afford for builds like this to be upsetting the status further, we need to look at balancing builds better without constant spike damage and focus on creating a meta which has more counter play other than who can nuke who first and snowball the fastest.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Nothing but hyperbole and anecdotal nonsense in your post. I play a Condition thief and do not want to see it gone. I really can not see how any person that is legit can claim "I play condition thief and want to see it gone". If they want to see it gone do not play it. I play p/d condition thief using the DE spec. It hardly OP and does not do any of what you suggest in your post.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If you want to talk about a specific thief , in this case s/d condition then you are talking about THAT build and not condition thief. I do not understand how people can not grasp this.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > And yes as rowdy suggests the condition thief using the old traps was deadlier then today's version. S/d thief is not that great a build if people would take the time to understand how it works. They do not want to do that so pretend that the issue is with all condition thieves.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I would have thought it is obvious that we were talking about s/d condition. The deadeye spec is far better and has some counter play I agree, but you completely missed my point.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > With S/d condi theif in the current meta game in a ranked game where you are often playing with 1 good player on each team and 3-4 low silver or lower, they have absolutely no understanding and all you do is watch the condi theif evade over each one of them twice and they die one by one, there is nothing you can do to carry these games sometimes and like I said in my post this is counter productive in helping to keep new players in ranked and bring new ones in.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Low population is our biggest problem and for as long as people refuse to see cheese builds being a big part of that problem and call it a l2p git gud issue, low population will always be a massive problem for the game.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But it's whatever, like burnfall said I'm just hurting myself talking about it. I should really just try and enjoy whats left of this game.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No it was not rather obvious you were talking about s/d thief. The very title of this thread is nerf Condition thief. It does not say Nerf s/d condition thief. Added to that theso called fixes (see venoms) affect other condition builds. If one is talking only about s/d condition then why on earth suggest fixes that impact those other builds?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'll save you the hassle and tell you that every "nerf condi theif" thread is about s/d condition. Also I did not mention any fixes let alone fixes that affect other builds, so please don't get on the defensive about your build potentially getting nerfed, that's not what I or anyone else is asking for. Personally I don't have a problem with deadeye condi, fought one the other day and I thought it had good counter play to it, but then I haven't fought that build enough either to say that with full confidence. I'm not extremely knowledgeable when it comes to technicalities, I'm a solo player, I don't have a lot of time and I have to learn everything for myself.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What you are not seeing is my perspective, all you care about is your build. What I am saying is that s/d condi trolls through and destroys new players far too easily. It is making ranked games lop sided and thus not enjoyable to play. It is an ez mode build with not much counter play and is not healthy to the spvp game mode with long term low population issues. I literally picked this build up in one game during season and was trolling through new players and even supposed experienced players no problems at all, because everyone is playing solo que s/d theif can even troll right up in plat as well because you can't communicate where he is to easily counter him. He ports in with a condi bomb and in a split second the fight can be over.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The way I feel is that anybody actually defending this build has no idea what it's like to play ranked up at top 250 level and see how difficult games are when you actually get matched with all high plat players only then for them to use s/d theif to easily pick off your stray team mates. It's all good if people swap to counter comp but otherwise you are looking at a lop sided boring game. So if s/d theif can troll platinum players imagine how hard it can troll through new players, it's multiplicative. This skews leaderboards and makes the game even more unenjoyable, I really can't understand why people don't see this?? How can you enjoy something which kills the game??

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > If you would properly identify the TYPE of condition build that is causing the problem then you can more readily counter that build.

> > > > >

> > > > > Port/dodge/dodge might work against poorer players but once it understood how they get those conditions on then the port/dodge/dodge thief has to change tactics. They have few other ways of applying conditions. The dodge missiles from impaling have a limited range. In fact after the initial port to the target with an infiltrators if that target just dodges back he is very often out of range of those missiles. You do not have to STAND there. Dodge out of range of the impaling followup strikes and you are left with a couple of stacks of poison. There plenty of counterplay.

> > > >

> > > > Again you don't acknowledge a single thing I said. Just spewing out advice to somebody who doesn't need it, quite clearly on the defensive and not willing to see what is good for the game, it's very selfish. By the way I played with and against you, and shock horror (not) you were playing s/d condi theif. Omegalul.

> > >

> > > No you did not play against me, I do not have nor have i played a s/d condi thief. . The only s/x spec I have is s/p power and I have used s/d power.

> > >

> > > My condition build is a p/d sb thief using the DE line and has always been and I have also played d/d condition. If you look back at my posting history to the time Daredevil released I was never fond of the Daredevil condition build for p/d and always felt it substandard.

> > >

> > > If you have to make things up to make a point you have no argument whatsoever and are not worth the bother. You cant not be taken seriously because you just make things up.

> > >

> > > As to leaderboards and the like, I do not care about them. As further evidence that you just make things up, I do not PvP. Never have so you could not possibly have played with me or against me.

> >

> > Think about what you are saying bro, you are just digging a bigger grave as they say. You're now saying you've been arguing with me on a PvP post about a PvP build when you don't even PvP?!

> >

> > Imagine if Anet would actually listen to the people that play high level sPvP for balancing, and the high level ones that actually care for the game to have a healthy meta which invites new players in to grow with fairly balanced builds that have good counter play and which require skill to play well. That would be a great game.

> >

> > No instead we have trolls on the forums that only play one build and class and don't care for anything outside of that build and class enough to actually make what they are saying sound sensible enough, yet Anet will still balance around them because they are the majority now. It's a shame to see this game in such an ez mode state, and to see all the low players on here crying for it to be even easier instead of having something balanced and competitive.

> >

> > This is the worst PvP meta we have ever had and we're about to go into another whole season of it just before christmas, it's insanity.

>

> No , Bro you still do not get it. You ascribe my objections to how the s/d build being discusses to personal self interest because I am only concerned about my thief. Well guess what it has no affect on my whatsoever in PvP because I do not play it. You then make up a statement that I play s/d condition andf you played against and with me which was an outright fabrication BRO.

>

> I speak in the PVP topic because people make the same arguments in PVp as they do in WvW. I speak in the PvP topic because the same things they get wrong on what the issue is in PvP is what they get wrong in WvW. I speak in the PvP topic because the mechanics of how a given attack made are the same in PvP as they are in WvW. There dodges in both modes. There ability to close gaps in both modes. Thief uses INI in both bodes. P/d DE is superior to s/d DD condition in both modes.There cleanses in Both modes.I speak in the PvP topic because I do not think ANET should listen to people who do not even play thief, who do not understand how they work and who do not uderstand how to play against them other then to come to the boards and whine. I speak in the PvP topic because just like you and just like in WvW they are people who just make stuff up in order to convince ANET to address specific builds.

>

> The last type of person ANET should listen to is the people who make stuff up when they post. They can not base changes around fabrications and you talk about another "digging a grave for himself" when you just outright lied about having played my s/d condition build? Really?

>

That's funny because I swear I played with somebody in unranked who had exactly the same name as you bro.

Again you are not even an sPvP player. sPvP balance isn't all about 1v1ing and skirmishing which is what you are talking about I can tell coming from a WvW player. p/d DE might have some stronger dueling capabilities/potential from what I can see but when it comes to winning conquest games s/d condi theif is far superior stomping when it comes to being able to +1, and, rotate in a conquest game, being able to easily and consistently put down a strong condition bombs in a split second from range, and, with full cooldowns it can easily one shot anything in a mere split second that doesn't have enough cleanse.

And yet again you are proclaiming yourself to say that you don't care about condi theif being nerfed for your own personal gain yet you have only ever mentioned anything concerning condi theif being nerfed no explanation whatsoever outside of your 1v1/skrim outlook and you still refuse to see things from anyone elses perspective even though others and myself have seen them from yours and tried to explain ourselves further.

If you want some further explanation you could go and watch some of sindreners streams and you'll soon get a jist from arguably the best theif, and, spvp/general knowledge players of the game, of why the majority of people want condi s/d theif gone from spvp. Otherwise I can't be bothered to speak to you any longer you are now only trying to turn my argument on myself when I have clearly explained myself and so have others and you have completely ignored the important things that have been said.