[Suggestion] Improving the Mad King's Labyrinth: Door of Chaos

Sure it's fun farming Mad King's Labyrinth (Lab), but I feel it needs a little spicing up.

Here's a suggestion. In between mount races, at the central area of the Lab, have a new event door, Door of Chaos, that appears briefly (1 to 2 minutes). When activated, the door initiates an event that randomly spawns **SEVERAL** boss-type mobs such as:

* Labyrinthine Horror

* Grand High Viscount of Candy Corn (nerf the range of his candy corn aoe though, else it will wipe out squads easy)

* Legendary Skeletal Lich

* enemy horde rush

or some combination thereof. It would be nice if new legendary level enemies could be created for such an event but I understand if Anet would be unwilling to allocate resources for such an endeavor on an older map.

Of course it will be chaotic, challenging, and should provide a lot of lols.

The rewards should be commensurate with the challenge (dare I say, a chance for one of the infusions that are RNG in the Trick-or-Treat bags?) and could possibly serve as a source of a collection item for a future collection.

In order to minimize disruption for the map, should the squad wipe and the event mobs reset, the event ends and the door despawns. In addition, there would be a timer for the event as with most existing events.

Lastly, the spawn site for the Door of Chaos should preferably be the area directly south of the center so as to not interfere with individuals trying to initiate the Mount Race Time Trial (located on the north of center).

It does sound like a fun idea--but I feel like it would only be a temporary improvement until it eventually fades into "more of the same--only harder".

What would really help improve the labyrinth is if it had a Meta of its own--something that could utilize the two giant visages of the Mad King and the Bloody Prince that stand in the center and bicker the entire time.

Unfortunately, even if they do end up improving the holiday events--it definitely won't be for this year. But nothing wrong with laying some groundwork ahead of time.

I've been asking for Lab upgrades for years man.. probably never going to happen lol

It sucks though, I really want to continue the story between Mad King and Bloody Prince.. and the events do get stale after so many years.

Adding new events to the Lab isn't too much to ask in all honesty, they did add the raceway and the lab race which is an event when you think about it.

I just wish they'd add more combat events, more doors, more bosses just more stuff to kill that makes running around a bit more fun and less tedious than the same old stuff we've been doing for years.

Despite only being available for a short time festivals can become very stale if they don't get some kind of new or upgraded content after a while.

There's a lot in the game already they could use do that.

Where are the Candy Corn Ghoulementals? Could have a door event releasing a stronger variant of the elemental.. already have the model in game.

Where are the Candy Corn Skritts? Could have a small Skritt army raid the Lab to steal candycorn.. models are already in game.

Where are Skeleton variants like the various mini's? Could make them minibosses like Champions or something.

Why isn't Thailog the Gargoyle present in the game outside of being a mini?

Same thing for Gustav the Caramel Corn Elemental.. there's 2 more potential legendary boss monsters that could be in the lab..

All these could be created with assets already in the game, it would just take time to make the events.

It would defintiely be worth it though imo, specially if we got an upgrade to the lab map as well, make it a little bigger.

A totally new concept they could do next year if they could spare the time is a war between Thorn and.. well thorn Jr.

In Gw1 we had a Grenth vs Dwayna thing each Christmas with each diety offering a different reward for your support.

First thing that comes to mind is a battleground map that's kinda like a game board.

Mad King and Prince each have a champion, players would pick 10 man squads or 5 man parties then 2 groups would compete against each other fighting through the rival teams npc enemies and the first to kill the opposing teams champion wins the round.

Could have several minibosses between each champion and each time one of them falls first the opposing team has the ability to cheat and disrupt the progression of the other team by buffing the next boss, spawning a door that unleashes a horde of enemies or launching candy barrage to the other path making the floor sticky etc..

Both teams get rewarded win or loose but winner gets better chance of rarer loot or something.

Could be a fun concept for a new game, team vs team but in a pve competitive setting.

I do like it when we get the Horror showing up on top of one of the other bosses, it makes it more interesting. But I like the idea of something new which continues the story of Mad King Thorn (and Emo Eddy) even more. His court were supposed to be continuing their plan to escape the Mad Realm and return to Tyria permanently, I'd like to see more of that maybe. Or something involving Joko.