The Choya Stampede

There are lots of posts critical about the new expansion, so I wanted to make one on a positive note.

The Choya Stampede event isn't challenging, it's not part of an event chain, it doesn't take more than a couple minutes to complete, and it's pretty mindless. But it's FUN. It's a silly idea, but for some reason, it's one of my favorite things to do in the map. I'm still laughing at it.

So, props to whoever designed this and decided to put something that's just a bit silly among all the other stuff. What a great contrast to the bounties. I'd like to see this juxtaposition continued in future episodes (to a degree, not overdone on the silly side). The combination of the Choya Stampede and bounties, for example, is a great way to have "something for everyone" in the same place -- killing a rush of Choyas when you're in a casual mindset, and bounties when you want something more structured/intense.

> @Randulf.7614 said:

> It is in someways the most bloodthirsty event in the game. I mean, anything else you defeat just fades away, but Choya you slice into pieces meaning you know they are dead for good...

You are misinterpreting things. =) The desert region is suffering from drought, so hydrous water melons are vital for people's survival! ;)

choya, just like skritt, are in my opinion a healthy reminder that this is just a game and we are supposed to have fun, not look too closely at everything looking for some common sense and God forbid - not argue (or insult) in-game with each other :)

this is really a fine game, one of the best MMOs out there, enjoy guys

> @DebraKadabra.5278 said:

> Has anyone else noticed that the "vases" for sale outside of Amnoon suspiciously LOOK like Choya?

I was incorrect about which vendor had stuff that looked like Choya - the vase merchants are fine, it's the farmer from Queensdale who may be triggering the Choya attacks. His stall has visible watermelons/pink-shelled melons that look very much like pink Choya.

> @DebraKadabra.5278 said:

> > @DebraKadabra.5278 said:

> > Has anyone else noticed that the "vases" for sale outside of Amnoon suspiciously LOOK like Choya?

>

> I was incorrect about which vendor had stuff that looked like Choya - the vase merchants are fine, it's the farmer from Queensdale who may be triggering the Choya attacks. His stall has visible watermelons/pink-shelled melons that look very much like pink Choya.

Torley makes a cameo?

People who have used SL, especially oldbies, will get the reference.