[Suggestion] Shared gathering tool slots

YtseJam.9784

> @"Solvar.7953" said:

> The shared tools has to cost the amount as it would cost to buy unbreakable tools for every character is a incorrect argument.

> Unfortunately, I don't know if it is possible to get the data, but I suspect the majority of players have bought unbreakable tools for only 1 of their characters, and move them around through the shared slots, and never have plans to buy unbreakable tools for all their characters.

> The real calculation is number of players that would buy shared slots times cost being greater than number of players buying tools for each of their characters

> I have no idea what that number is. If only 1% of players buy a set of tools @ 2700 gems for 10 characters (270 gem value), but 10% would buy a set of shared tool slots, those shared tool slots would need to be 2700 gems. But if 25% would buy shared tool slots, then cost would be 1080 gems.

> It gets complicated because lower the cost, more likely people are to buy it. Also, the more characters a player has, the less likely they would be to buy tool slots for all of them.

>

Oh so the shared tool slots is bought per character that make it abit diffrent.

I thought you wanted it account wide after 1 buy.

Shared tool slots would be account wide, but read what I said - the math still stands. Saying that they need to cost as much as shared tools times number of characters is a wrong assumption, since vast majority of players are not going to by tools for every character. It just has to break Anet more money than they would loose to those players that do buy sets for every character.

As I think about it, such computation may be even more difficult - I could imagine some players who currently do not own infinite tools (don't want to deal with swapping them around, etc) would now do so if you toss them in shared slots and are done with it.

All that said, while I would like this feature, and would pay some amount for it, it just seems unlikely Anet will ever do it - the shared inventory slots already provide a clumsy way of getting this functionality, and aside for figuring out whether this would make money, that doesn't take into account the engineering time that Anet would have to spend on it. It may be very little, or could be very complicated, depending on how the code is written.

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> 1 sentence, easy to say, difficult to implement

Not really. Nothing is difficult to implement. I've been coding for 20+ years now, and something like this is something that could be done in a few days.

And as stated above, the only reason a bunch of us would by a new set would be a new good glyph or ones that are faster.