Bjora Marches Events and Rewards

Peureki.3647

I haven't seen anybody post a thread about this yet, but I want to see if others feel the same or different about this.

My favorite thing about these patches is exploring the map and learning the events. I learned the events, did an event train with a squad, and completed the meta multiple times. I feel like the rewards in general are lackluster. Starting with the meta..the meta itself was pretty cool, but the amount of rewards for the amount of work was too low. Players have to defend three raven shrines for 10 minutes with continuous waves of mobs, yet **most mobs** don't drop loot or even experience. When we get to the final event, there's not even a final/grand/multiple chest rewards like other metas. It kinda feels like doing the Kourna meta, but without the chests.

In terms of the events in general, some didn't any bouncy chests and most mobs also didn't drop loot or EXP. It also felt a little weird to get a bouncy chest for 1 blue gear. Having no currency such as volatile magic or unbound magic is interesting.

What are other people's thoughts on the new map rewards?

> @"Peureki.3647" said:

> I haven't seen anybody post a thread about this yet, but I want to see if others feel the same or different about this.

>

> My favorite thing about these patches is exploring the map and learning the events. I learned the events, did an event train with a squad, and completed the meta multiple times. I feel like the rewards in general are lackluster. Starting with the meta..the meta itself was pretty cool, but the amount of rewards for the amount of work was too low. Players have to defend three raven shrines for 10 minutes with continuous waves of mobs, yet **most mobs** don't drop loot or even experience. When we get to the final event, there's not even a final/grand/multiple chest rewards like other metas. It kinda feels like doing the Kourna meta, but without the chests.

>

> In terms of the events in general, some didn't any bouncy chests and most mobs also didn't drop loot or EXP. It also felt a little weird to get a bouncy chest for 1 blue gear. Having no currency such as volatile magic or unbound magic is interesting.

>

> What are other people's thoughts on the new map rewards?

You'll get more rewards once you've mastered the essence masteries. There are several chests in the northwest when you defeated some champions after the meta event. I don't know if the loot of those chests is that rewarding but at least it will come ontop of the bouncy one.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> Collection flow is pretty top notch without insulting someone who doesn't have endless hours to do it. Its just missing something unique and permanent to acquire outside the tonic and weapon skins. An infinite use Raven would be nice.

Thats a good point. I especially like the multi-tiered rewards some collections in the new episode have. Definitely a better approach than one big chest at the end. So the rewards deliverance system this time is good in my opinion. Im also enjoying seeing karma given more value.

The rewards itself I dont particularly like this episode. Theres nothing for me that sparks the "must have" feeling, collections and achievements are mostly exploring things - done in passing, nothing to focus on. The missing exp and loot on most mobs I think is a bug. We've had that several times on new releases, so Im guessing this will be fixed at some point. If not, then thats a weird approach, diminishing the re-play value of the map quite a lot.

Overall, my gripe is the same as with all releases since LS3. Rewards are handed out without overcoming a challenge (time or skillwise), therefore rewards arent anything special and dont give a sense of accomplishment/pride. In short, the rewards are meaningless.