What build to fight Core Warrior in WvW?

EremiteAngel.9765

> @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > > > > I’ve not actually tried an attrition based build because in my mind we can’t generate enough life force to fight forever and we will eventually get grounded down once we lose all our life force. But Nimon’s new signet builds makes me see hope in attrition working for us!

> > > > >

> > > > > I’ve also seen an attrition build in action used by RDRM’s Reaper a few months ago. He used a Reaper + wells build and was surprisingly able to hold his own against most classes. But he struggled to beat a weaver. The weaver also could not bring him down though as he managed his shroud fantastically.

> > > > >

> > > > > This is actually the build I’ve been practicing with against core warriors.

> > > > >

> > > > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PS1AYd3lRw8YdMRGJOqLZLPA-zVRYkBByG1cflSmJQuRQvFQ3hgtDA-w

> > > > >

> > > > > It’s an almost full glass grievers build. I can kill average warriors with it but when I tried it against top warriors, I needed to do everything perfectly to stand a chance.

> > > > >

> > > > > I managed one win with this glass build against Fear’s warrior after like 20 tries (yes the top NA Fear guild that I thought had stopped playing! whose warrior very kindly agreed to duel me many many times)

> > > > >

> > > > > Play style I used is basically force out their stabs and use corrupts and fears to control them. Eat their stuns when they get close and use stun breaks + dodge to evade their adrenal bursts.

> > > > >

> > > > > The fight where I won, I only got hit by one adrenal burst. But really everything needs to happen perfectly for this glass build to work XD

> > > >

> > > > Try full trailblazer with torment runes as scourge, or core nec with traveler runes. That build you posted is bad, no offense.

> > >

> > > I had always thought that Condi was out of the meta after all the nerfs and access to cleansing sigils etc.

> > > But I was wrong.

> > > I tried so hard to make full Grievers work but it was so hard.

> > > Every warrior was thrashing me unless I managed a perfect play and they made mistakes.

> > >

> > > Out of nostalgia, I was just roaming around with a shroud-flashing full Trailblazer condi core Necro build.

> > > And I managed to beat Cake Walk's core Warrior ?

> > >

> > > This was the build I used.

> > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAYtjlVw8YdMRGJOsLZpTA-zVJYkRNfhkZJkbC0bEo4A-w

> > >

> > > I also had a rather easy time fending off scrappers which seems to have become very popular?

> > > I met 3 different scrappers within 30mins of roaming.

> > >

> > > From what I have experienced, currently my preferred shroud-flashing playstyle seems to require a tankier build...

> > > Glass builds are really tough when I'm leaving shroud early many times in a fight.

> > > And full trailblazers actually still works in this anti-condi meta...

> >

> > You have one stunbreak. Warriors and scrappers will kill you no problem. This build wont survive any cc chain. Lots of changes should be made.

>

> Ah...that's where we disagree.

> The build I used is for greater offensive control.

> Proper corruption of stab and kiting actually prevents the warrior from even getting close to you too often.

> I was stunned a total of 3 times in the fight against the Cake Walk warrior.

> Once a shield stun at the start which I soaked his burst with Shroud, and then twice when he used Rampage which I negated with Spectral Walk.

> Corrupting stab to fear with shroud enter + scepter 3 + corrupt boon + fear wall + shroud fear + staff 5 + shroud 2 prevents him from getting close a lot of times.

> My build is an offensive control build that reduces their chances of CCing you.

> I find it a lot more effective than using a stunbreak heavy build.

>

> And it was the same Cake Walk warrior that fought against Hobo's Herald and his Soulbeast partner, and still managed to surprise Hobo and downed his Herald in one move.

> So I would think he is pretty good warrior.

> But he never managed to bring my necro down below 75% HP because he couldn't get close effectively.

> Control is more effective than bringing many stunbreaks to a fight.

>

Warriors have stances with pulsing stab and pulsing resistance (fear is a condition), shield, autoproc passives, cleanse on wepswap etc. I main a variant of the build you posted with a few changes, and (good) warriors still give me headaches, as they can easily tell when you have used your one or more stunbreaks and lock you down with Bull charge into more cc. Trust me, spamming corrupts wont kill warrior too easily. Plus, they can simply run away, reset utilities and come back. Gapclosers they have aplenty. A necro with one stunbreak is easy fodder.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > > > > > I’ve not actually tried an attrition based build because in my mind we can’t generate enough life force to fight forever and we will eventually get grounded down once we lose all our life force. But Nimon’s new signet builds makes me see hope in attrition working for us!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I’ve also seen an attrition build in action used by RDRM’s Reaper a few months ago. He used a Reaper + wells build and was surprisingly able to hold his own against most classes. But he struggled to beat a weaver. The weaver also could not bring him down though as he managed his shroud fantastically.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This is actually the build I’ve been practicing with against core warriors.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PS1AYd3lRw8YdMRGJOqLZLPA-zVRYkBByG1cflSmJQuRQvFQ3hgtDA-w

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It’s an almost full glass grievers build. I can kill average warriors with it but when I tried it against top warriors, I needed to do everything perfectly to stand a chance.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I managed one win with this glass build against Fear’s warrior after like 20 tries (yes the top NA Fear guild that I thought had stopped playing! whose warrior very kindly agreed to duel me many many times)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Play style I used is basically force out their stabs and use corrupts and fears to control them. Eat their stuns when they get close and use stun breaks + dodge to evade their adrenal bursts.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The fight where I won, I only got hit by one adrenal burst. But really everything needs to happen perfectly for this glass build to work XD

> > > > >

> > > > > Try full trailblazer with torment runes as scourge, or core nec with traveler runes. That build you posted is bad, no offense.

> > > >

> > > > I had always thought that Condi was out of the meta after all the nerfs and access to cleansing sigils etc.

> > > > But I was wrong.

> > > > I tried so hard to make full Grievers work but it was so hard.

> > > > Every warrior was thrashing me unless I managed a perfect play and they made mistakes.

> > > >

> > > > Out of nostalgia, I was just roaming around with a shroud-flashing full Trailblazer condi core Necro build.

> > > > And I managed to beat Cake Walk's core Warrior ?

> > > >

> > > > This was the build I used.

> > > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAYtjlVw8YdMRGJOsLZpTA-zVJYkRNfhkZJkbC0bEo4A-w

> > > >

> > > > I also had a rather easy time fending off scrappers which seems to have become very popular?

> > > > I met 3 different scrappers within 30mins of roaming.

> > > >

> > > > From what I have experienced, currently my preferred shroud-flashing playstyle seems to require a tankier build...

> > > > Glass builds are really tough when I'm leaving shroud early many times in a fight.

> > > > And full trailblazers actually still works in this anti-condi meta...

> > >

> > > You have one stunbreak. Warriors and scrappers will kill you no problem. This build wont survive any cc chain. Lots of changes should be made.

> >

> > Ah...that's where we disagree.

> > The build I used is for greater offensive control.

> > Proper corruption of stab and kiting actually prevents the warrior from even getting close to you too often.

> > I was stunned a total of 3 times in the fight against the Cake Walk warrior.

> > Once a shield stun at the start which I soaked his burst with Shroud, and then twice when he used Rampage which I negated with Spectral Walk.

> > Corrupting stab to fear with shroud enter + scepter 3 + corrupt boon + fear wall + shroud fear + staff 5 + shroud 2 prevents him from getting close a lot of times.

> > My build is an offensive control build that reduces their chances of CCing you.

> > I find it a lot more effective than using a stunbreak heavy build.

> >

> > And it was the same Cake Walk warrior that fought against Hobo's Herald and his Soulbeast partner, and still managed to surprise Hobo and downed his Herald in one move.

> > So I would think he is pretty good warrior.

> > But he never managed to bring my necro down below 75% HP because he couldn't get close effectively.

> > Control is more effective than bringing many stunbreaks to a fight.

> >

>

> Warriors have stances with pulsing stab and pulsing resistance (fear is a condition), shield, autoproc passives, cleanse on wepswap etc. I main a variant of the build you posted with a few changes, and (good) warriors still give me headaches, as they can easily tell when you have used your one or more stunbreaks and lock you down with Bull charge into more cc. Trust me, spamming corrupts wont kill warrior too easily. Plus, they can simply run away, reset utilities and come back. Gapclosers they have aplenty. A necro with one stunbreak is easy fodder.

Necro and Warrior player here. Corrupt Boon fcks up every Warrior build, and Corrosive Poison Cloud is underrated. Protects against projectile attacks, poisons enemies, and weakens them. Using blinds and fears to ping pong a warrior will work better than bringing 3 stunbreaks.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > > > > > > I’ve not actually tried an attrition based build because in my mind we can’t generate enough life force to fight forever and we will eventually get grounded down once we lose all our life force. But Nimon’s new signet builds makes me see hope in attrition working for us!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I’ve also seen an attrition build in action used by RDRM’s Reaper a few months ago. He used a Reaper + wells build and was surprisingly able to hold his own against most classes. But he struggled to beat a weaver. The weaver also could not bring him down though as he managed his shroud fantastically.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This is actually the build I’ve been practicing with against core warriors.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PS1AYd3lRw8YdMRGJOqLZLPA-zVRYkBByG1cflSmJQuRQvFQ3hgtDA-w

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It’s an almost full glass grievers build. I can kill average warriors with it but when I tried it against top warriors, I needed to do everything perfectly to stand a chance.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I managed one win with this glass build against Fear’s warrior after like 20 tries (yes the top NA Fear guild that I thought had stopped playing! whose warrior very kindly agreed to duel me many many times)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Play style I used is basically force out their stabs and use corrupts and fears to control them. Eat their stuns when they get close and use stun breaks + dodge to evade their adrenal bursts.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The fight where I won, I only got hit by one adrenal burst. But really everything needs to happen perfectly for this glass build to work XD

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Try full trailblazer with torment runes as scourge, or core nec with traveler runes. That build you posted is bad, no offense.

> > > > >

> > > > > I had always thought that Condi was out of the meta after all the nerfs and access to cleansing sigils etc.

> > > > > But I was wrong.

> > > > > I tried so hard to make full Grievers work but it was so hard.

> > > > > Every warrior was thrashing me unless I managed a perfect play and they made mistakes.

> > > > >

> > > > > Out of nostalgia, I was just roaming around with a shroud-flashing full Trailblazer condi core Necro build.

> > > > > And I managed to beat Cake Walk's core Warrior ?

> > > > >

> > > > > This was the build I used.

> > > > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAYtjlVw8YdMRGJOsLZpTA-zVJYkRNfhkZJkbC0bEo4A-w

> > > > >

> > > > > I also had a rather easy time fending off scrappers which seems to have become very popular?

> > > > > I met 3 different scrappers within 30mins of roaming.

> > > > >

> > > > > From what I have experienced, currently my preferred shroud-flashing playstyle seems to require a tankier build...

> > > > > Glass builds are really tough when I'm leaving shroud early many times in a fight.

> > > > > And full trailblazers actually still works in this anti-condi meta...

> > > >

> > > > You have one stunbreak. Warriors and scrappers will kill you no problem. This build wont survive any cc chain. Lots of changes should be made.

> > >

> > > Ah...that's where we disagree.

> > > The build I used is for greater offensive control.

> > > Proper corruption of stab and kiting actually prevents the warrior from even getting close to you too often.

> > > I was stunned a total of 3 times in the fight against the Cake Walk warrior.

> > > Once a shield stun at the start which I soaked his burst with Shroud, and then twice when he used Rampage which I negated with Spectral Walk.

> > > Corrupting stab to fear with shroud enter + scepter 3 + corrupt boon + fear wall + shroud fear + staff 5 + shroud 2 prevents him from getting close a lot of times.

> > > My build is an offensive control build that reduces their chances of CCing you.

> > > I find it a lot more effective than using a stunbreak heavy build.

> > >

> > > And it was the same Cake Walk warrior that fought against Hobo's Herald and his Soulbeast partner, and still managed to surprise Hobo and downed his Herald in one move.

> > > So I would think he is pretty good warrior.

> > > But he never managed to bring my necro down below 75% HP because he couldn't get close effectively.

> > > Control is more effective than bringing many stunbreaks to a fight.

> > >

> >

> > Warriors have stances with pulsing stab and pulsing resistance (fear is a condition), shield, autoproc passives, cleanse on wepswap etc. I main a variant of the build you posted with a few changes, and (good) warriors still give me headaches, as they can easily tell when you have used your one or more stunbreaks and lock you down with Bull charge into more cc. Trust me, spamming corrupts wont kill warrior too easily. Plus, they can simply run away, reset utilities and come back. Gapclosers they have aplenty. A necro with one stunbreak is easy fodder.

>

> Necro and Warrior player here. Corrupt Boon fcks up every Warrior build, and Corrosive Poison Cloud is underrated. Protects against projectile attacks, poisons enemies, and weakens them. Using blinds and fears to ping pong a warrior will work better than bringing 3 stunbreaks.

Yeah gonna have to agree as someone who plays both as well. Bringing 3 stunbreaks just delay the warrior, they will have more stuns than you have stability. You gotta use offensive pressure and soft CC conditions to try and keep them off you.