GW2 mobile

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I see your POV, in one hand, and agree with the fact that some, and I mean few mobile games make millions; on the other hand, I have to strongly agree with the majority of people here.

GW would never work on a mobile version, unless being extremely cut down in size.

That includes content, maps, characters, story, etc etc.

Not to mention controls, which is a very important factor in GW.

There aren't absolute certainties in this world, but if it ever came to fruition, it wouldn't be the GW we all know and love.

It would be something like Dissidia Final Fantasy.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" do you have more info than us mortals? I do remember mentions that one of the cancelled projects might have been a Guild Wars franchise game, and that one of the projects they had was a mobile one, but i don't remember hearing that the mobile project definitely got axed, that those two were the same, or how many side projects got cancelled. I don't recall even hearing if _all_ the side projects they had were cancelled.

> So, do you have any more specific info, or are you just guessing?

All "in development" projects got axed by the powers that be at NCSoft because they wanted immediate profits (same reason why the layoffs happened - axed projects means devs not doing anything, and you can't have that). We only know one was mobile because an artist posted some mobile game art, which happened to have iconic GW2 features (like the Inquest symbol), though the artist eventually removed it. There was also a _supposed_ leak that they were working on a new game in the Guild Wars IP, and it was left unclear if this was the mobile or referring to another game. Then lastly, the devs have stated that when beginning drafts for S4's ending (this would be roughly around before diverting resources from GW2 to these projects during mid S4E3 development causing that release's delay), the narration team was uninformed about whether or not GW2 would be continuing on after Season 4 - it's unclear whether this was because there was actual consideration of ending GW2 development as many doomsayers believe, or if the narrative team was just kept in the dark and were considering the possibility given new projects' existence, or some other reason.

Beyond that, we don't really know. ArenaNet was hiring for console and mobile developers for a while, so that _hints_ things, but only so much. It's a lot of just guesswork and connecting dots, really. All we know for absolute certain: they had at least 2 non-GW2 projects in active development, and NCSoft came in and said "NO NEW PROJECTS. PROFITS NOW. DO LAYOFFS." (hyperbole on the quotes, ofc)