Specialization concept ; The Possessed

killfil.3472

Some plausible fluff : After the Commander witnessed Jormag take hold of the remains of the Fraenir, an idea sprouted within the Commander's mind… A grim one, to be sure, but most certainly a potent one…

(Edge warning)

**THE POSSESSED**

Few are those whom are willing to tangle with evil. Even fewer are those whom are willing to risk bonding with the incarnations of evil.

What little is truly known of said incarnations can be used to our advantage, however.

As such, knowing that the deamon' greatest wish is to experience the living' world and all it has to offer, one might as well arm it with what it requires to feel the rush of blood, adrenaline, and pain…

Those who lend their soul' corporeal vessels to these beings wield axes in both hands, as to allow the deamon' maddening desires to be fulfilled without hinderance.

**AXE OFF-HAND SKILLS**

_Horrific Might_ ;

With a wild swing, cleave foes facing you, damaging them and sending out a wave that horrifies them. Gain Fury per enemy Feared.

Damage ; *Similar to Gravedigger*

Wave damage ; *Similar to Ripple of Horror*

Cleave Range ; 130

Wave Range ; 600

Fear ; 1 second

Fury ; 2 seconds

Cleave Targets ; 3

Wave Targets ; 5

Cast-time ; *Similar to Eviscerate*

Cooldown ; 20 seconds

_Maddening Wrath/Greed/Hatred_ ;

(Note ; this skill' name and, to an extent, its effect changes based on the Grandmaster trait selected. See further below if I manage to type it all out or if I give up halfway).

Flail your weapons around with maddening excess and strike foes all around you repeatedly, dealing damage and applying other effects.

Damage (x9) ; *Similar to Ghastly Claws*

"WRATH" damage ; *Effectively doubled*

"GREED" lifesteal ; 300+ per strike.

"HATRED" boon corruption ; on first, third, fifth, seventh, and ninth strike.

Radius ; 240

Targets ; 5

Cast-time ; *Similar to Life Transfer*

Cooldown ; 30 seconds

**THE POSSESSED** Traits ;

Primary minor ;_Deamonic Vessel_

Death Shroud is replaced with Deamonic Possession. This state grants powerful augmentations to all skills and actions taken. However, accumulated life force does not replace health and drains 10% per seconds. Should there not be any life force to drain, HEALTH will be drained instead at a smaller rate, but will slowly rise in cost. (5% for first 3 seconds without life force, then 10% for 3 seconds, then capping at 15%)

_~~Deamonic~~ Wrathful/Greedy/Hateful Possession_ ;

(Note : this "Shroud" is essentially a buff state that grants augments based on the chosen Grandmaster trait ; see below if I havent commited sodoku before finishing this thesis)

"WRATH" ; All damage inflicted by the necromancer and to the necromancer is augmented by 20%.

"GREED" ; Whenever the necromancer inflicts damage, steal health. (considered having this scale with toughness/vitality, so that purely offensive plays dont have too much survivability).

"HATRED" ; Once every 2 seconds, outgoing strikes corrupt 2 boons on struck foes.

_Departure_ ; Force the deamon out of yourself, ending the possession.

Wrathful Departure ; The deamon screams as it leaves you, damaging and dazing nearby foes.

Unblockable.

Damage ; similar to Doom

Radius ; 360

Daze ; 1/2 seconds

Greedy Departure ; The deamon desperatly claws at the souls of nearby enemies, stealing health as it leaves you.

Damage ; similar to Doom

Radius ; 360

Lifesteal ; 500

Hateful Departure ; The deamon lashes out, corrupting boons of nearby foes as it leaves you.

Damage ; similar to Doom

Radius ; 360

Boon corruption ; 1

Secondary minor ; _Hasty Bargain_ ;

When affected by Possession, all weapon-related actions are performed 15% faster, but conditions received last 15% longer.

Tertiary minor ; _Terrifying Presence_ ;

When entering the possessed state, inflict fear on nearby foes. (Voice actor could go "BOO!" for this skill)

Unblockable.

Radius ; 360

Fear ; 1/2 seconds

**ADEPT TRAITS** ;

_Incorporeal touch_ ;

After ending the possession, the deamon' incorporeal nature permeates you, rendering you shortly impervious to harm.

Invulnerability ; 1 second

Break Stuns.

_Evil by Nature_ ; Reduce the cooldown of Deamonic Possession by 3 seconds. Additionally, gain superspeed for 3 seconds when entering the possessed state.

_Fear itself fears not_ ; Whenever you inflict fear upon a foe, gain stability.

**MASTER TRAITS** ;

_Violent Arrival_ ; your first strike after entering the possessed state stuns foes hit.

Stun ; 1.5 seconds.

_Deamonic Shielding_ ; whenever you enter and leave the possessed state, gain a barrier.

Barrier ; 2723

_Beyond mortality_ ; When fatally wounded, health cannot be reduced below 1 hp for 4 seconds. Healing CANNOT occur during this period of time.

Cooldown ; 30 seconds.

**GRANDMASTER TRAITS** ;

_Wrathful Deamon_ ; Allow a deamon of wrath to possess you, gaining access to Wrathful Possession.

_Deamon of Avarice_ ; Allow a deamon of greed to possess you, gaining access to Greedy Possession.

_Hateful Deamon_ ; Allow a deamon of hate to possess you, gaining access to Hateful Possession.

**I WILL BE ADDING MY IDEAS OF SKILLS AT A LATER DATE CUZ MAH GOD THIS AINT THAT MUCH FUN TO TYPE ALL OUT**

Feel free to add voice your opinions, as I am but a vessel for you to shove your knowledge into

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> 2 issues at first glance:

> - traits that proc on shroud#1 (because it would simply be OP) and shroud#2 (because it look like a shrd#2 is no there)

> - the axe skills are beyond OP

Your first point is something I definitly forgot about… Allthough I supose it could be fuxed with an ICD specific to this spec? Shroud skill 2 is weapon skill 2 ..?

And the axe skill could most absolutly be tweaked. I realise I may have gone stupid, but eh its just ramblings :D

As I was reading the possessions they read as F1, F2, and F3 that would flip over to the end possession skill. Perhaps do that instead of The Grandmaster Tier and instead in the Grandmaster Tier add options to increase the rate LF is gained, decrease the rate that possession decays/health decays, or extra boons when a possession is activated.

This would preserve the traits to proc on Shroud #1 and Shroud #2.

Your Axe 4 is high damage, but it is on a longer CD. Perhaps a 3/4s cast time? Remove the cleave/wave disparity, just have it as a 600 unit wave that hits 5 targets, make the damage equal to a T1 or T2 Eviscerate rather than the T3 equivalent.

Axe 5 you're pretty much just duplicating the possession effects on an offhand version of ghastly claws.

How about this:

Maddening Possession: 3s channel, x9 hits (total scaling of 1.5), CD 25s.

Your Demon reaches out to lash at your foes:

Wrath: Total scaling becomes 3.0, applies vulnerability on each for hit for 4s.

Greed: Gain LF on each attack

Hatred: Burn 2s on each attack

Lower damage, but the Wrath version is strong, and would apply a fair amount of vulnerability, the Greed version would still help sustain, and the Hatred version adds to the condi game you gave to Hatred via boon corruption.

I like the idea, but I don't like some traits. Especially the grandmaster traits. They do basically nothing but changing the possession, which seems pretty weak.

Like:

Corrupt one: whenever you inflict fear, you take 15% less dmg for the next 3 seconds

Or the lifesteal one: after 30 successful lifesteal hits, for the next 3 seconds, lifesteal effects are doubled

And the dmg one: whenever you take dmg by your possession, gain a stack of "insanity" increasing your dmg by 2% per stack (max 5 stacks)

But there's definitely flaws.

What about the trait that procs on f2 or f4?

Like Lily, I was thinking Revenant, too.

The ideas are imaginative and pretty well thought out. Great job.

What do you think of a boon-copy Necro specialization that does not generate boons but copies them from targets for personal or group use kind of like anti-corruption and anti-Epidemic?

Necro has no real use for Concentration and this thought has been rattling around in my head.