email Survey from NCSoft

I had an email come in at 8:20 PM yesterday. Clicked the link today at 4:30 PM. Got a message the survey is "not currently active." Less than 24 hours later??

body of email: "Listening to our community is vital to making Guild Wars 2. We'd appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to fill out a short survey. This survey is an opportunity to influence our development process—your opinions will go straight to the ArenaNet team.

You've been individually selected for this mission, so please don't forward the invitation to anyone else. This is your chance to be heard and to help us make Guild Wars 2 the best game it can be."

Send me another! You've inspired even more opinions I'd like to share now!

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > @"artsnletters.6314" said:

> > I have gotten at least one before that was authentic.

> >

> I've been with the game since near release time and I've never heard of ArenaNet doing anything like this.

Same.. not to mention the years I played Gw1 before Gw2 as well and I don't recall ever getting mail like this.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > @"artsnletters.6314" said:

> > I have gotten at least one before that was authentic.

> >

> I've been with the game since near release time and I've never heard of ArenaNet doing anything like this.

They do send out surveys occasionally. There was one I know of last July as I received it and it had the same wording. Here is a thread with similar concerns from that time frame.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/81279/received-guildwars-secret-survey-to-my-email

But if you are concerned you can always contact support or just ignore the survey.

> @"artsnletters.6314" said:

> Just wanted to comment on being given less than 24 hours to participate. pfft

Oh, yes it seems your issue did go a bit off the topic. But myself and others were simply trying to answer posts from those questioning the legitimacy of such surveys. I agree if you had less than 24 hours to respond to the survey maybe that should be looked at by Anet. After all not everyone reads all their email within 24 hours myself included. I don't remember the amount of time between when I got the survey request email several months ago and when I completed the survey.