No login possible

Up to 10minutes of trying to login to the launcher, which results in "No connection", "Cant connect to the Login-Servers" or "No verify of Account-Details" possible. Also affects other guild members.

If managing to login after hours, the characters doesnt even go outside from the Character-Selection Screen or have Ping-Issues between 300-20000 (from average 20-70)

Got the same problem. Even tried restarting the computer, restarting the modem, temporarily disabling the firewall, everything. Nothing worked.

In all my attempts to log in or play, I noted down all the error codes it gave me. Maybe that will help find the issue.

3032:1002:3:3185:101

42:0:9001:4467:101

7:11:3:191:101

58:11:5:535:_____

34:4:5:4350:101 (came with the message transaction in progress, more on what that might relate to below)

7:0:0:1026:101

And here some observations.

A lot of the time when 'playing', I would start off with 0 gems but suddenly see the gems that should be there pop up on the right as if I had just looted/received them.

When trying to log in, if you type the right password, it will usually spend over a minute trying to do something before telling you it can't reach the login server. In the same breath if you type in the wrong password, it will immediately tell you it's the wrong password, so clearly it can reach the login server.

Most of the error messages in-game involve 42/telling you that it can't reach the login server. It's obvious the client constantly accesses and checks back with the login server every few minutes. You can't open the game to that point without logging in before anyway, so maybe it would ease the strain on the login server if you did away with those constant checkbacks entirely.

And before you go dismissing this as something that affects only one or two people, if you can fill threads of people like here

https://de-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/6857/massive-lags-auf-eu-servern

and here https://de-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/6866/kein-login-moeglicht-oder-extrem-schlechte-verbindung-im-spiel with people willing to come to the forum to talk about this, there's probably much, much more out there than them with this issue and there may be an issue on the servers' end.

Problem seems to be the connection to the authentication servers

````

C:\>ping 206.127.159.108

Pinging 206.127.159.108 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 62.155.245.225: Destination net unreachable.

````

"Destination Net unreachable" sounds like a routing problem.

The IP in question [belongs](https://whois.domaintools.com/206.127.159.109) to NCSoft's network (AS30588), which [doesn't seem to (correctly) announce it](https://bgp.he.net/AS30588#_prefixes), only the 64.x.x.x addresses. That's why my provider's network (DTAG) [doesn't find the route to the target network](https://s-lga1.s.de.net.dtag.de/index.php?pageid=lg&query=ip+bgp&para=206.127.159.108&server=194.25.0.206&EXEC=Execute) which leads to the connection issues that people report. No idea how this still works with other providers, as it looks likely to be a problem on NCsoft's side. Maybe other providers still cache the old BGP routes for longer periods of time...

Maybe someone else with more BGP experience can chime in here...

> @"DarkStar.3620" said:

> "Destination Net unreachable" sounds like a routing problem.

That was an IP for one of the old EU NCSoft servers, which was closed years ago. GW2 has been at Amazon since around PoF. The login servers are auth1.101.arenanetworks.com for NA and auth2.101.arenanetworks.com for EU, but note that they won't respond to pings.

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> > @"DarkStar.3620" said:

> > "Destination Net unreachable" sounds like a routing problem.

>

> That was an IP for one of the old EU NCSoft servers, which was closed years ago. GW2 has been at Amazon since around PoF. The login servers are auth1.101.arenanetworks.com for NA and auth2.101.arenanetworks.com for EU, but note that they won't respond to pings.

Interesting, so why does "gw2.exe -diag" then still try to connect to those? hmm...

> @"GeraldBC.4927" said:

> So if I understand you correctly, the problem lies in the client for some reason trying to access an old defunct login server rather than the new ones.

No. That was specifically for the diagnostics tool, which still references the old servers. This doesn't apply to normal play.

If you think there may be a problem with the login servers, there are different ones you can try. Note that if your account is registered to EU (used a EU serial key), you must used auth2 instead of auth1.

To find the IPs:

cmd.exe > nslookup auth1.101.arenanetworks.com 1.1.1.1

To use it:

Gw2-64.exe -authsrv 34.237.20.65

> @"Crysma.8076" said:

> also here, still unplayable

>

> i may login, which takes like 5min, and then ping spike up to 3000 average

For you and maybe future comments,

it probably gets fixed if you go into your router settings and reconnect your Router with ipv6 . It fixed the problem for me and my guild members.

> @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > @"Crysma.8076" said:

> > also here, still unplayable

> >

> > i may login, which takes like 5min, and then ping spike up to 3000 average

>

> For you and maybe future comments,

> it probably gets fixed if you go into your router settings and reconnect your Router with ipv6 . It fixed the problem for me and my guild members.

not working

> @"Crysma.8076" said:

> > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > @"Crysma.8076" said:

> > > also here, still unplayable

> > >

> > > i may login, which takes like 5min, and then ping spike up to 3000 average

> >

> > For you and maybe future comments,

> > it probably gets fixed if you go into your router settings and reconnect your Router with ipv6 . It fixed the problem for me and my guild members.

>

> not working

maybe u need to change the prefix in another way than we did