Less Visual Noise

Blur.3465

A lot of maps, events and effects are really cluttered with visual noise that destroys the visual pleasure and experience in every way.

Colors in a couple of maps added with effects from ley lines, gliding drafts and whatnot are really killing the experience. Maps from LS3 are my least favorite as they really hurt my eyes and kill the atmosphere/visual experience in immersing myself with the maps.

Draconis Mons, Bloodstone, Ember Bay, Bitterfrost... I love the feel of the maps but they are visually killing it with so many effects and 'screaming colors'.

Same goes for the events and many skill effects.

Can we get 'cleaner' maps and effects in the future? Or maybe an option to disable many of these effects or just to make them 'less seeable'?

Bjora Marches is a step in the right direction...but then we suddenly get slapped with blizzard, freeze, bubble that makes me just not want to play the meta.

Thunderhead Peaks looks amazing, but the meta and branded part is just a huge no again. North meta is horrible to play because of so many effects going on too.

I really hope with future maps that we'll get cleaner visual experience so we can properly enjoy the maps and gameplay.

Every feedback episode for years this gets mentioned. And it seems only to worsen. I don't really think it is something the devs are bothered about. I'm almost inclined to believe they do it to troll us at this point given how bad it has got Vs our feedback, but I don't think they are quite that vindictive

I just walked into Ember Bay, following season three's storyline, and within thirty seconds decided I hated it. So much *glow* and shifting colors from the ley-lines and the sun... It's pretty, I guess, but it hurts my eyes so badly and turning off post-processing does nothing to alleviate that.

An option to disable map visual noise/effects (and an option to disable other players' visual effects) would be very welcome.