The LOOKING FOR GROUP Tool Is Not In An Optimal Location

As the title says, the Looking For Group (LFG) tool is not in a good location.

With lots of new people joining the game and lots of people returning to the game, it would be easy for the LFG tool to easily go unknown to them or forgotten of. Especially if they boosted straight to 80, skipping all of the guidance to that feature.

Even people who have been playing the game for a while sometimes forget or do not know where the LFG system is.

As it currently stands the LFG tool is where you access your friends, followers and block lists.

The friend's list shows up first and then the looking for group tab is below it.

THIS IS TOO MUCH OF AN IMPORTANT TOOL TO BE BURIED BENEATH A FRIEND'S LIST.

A solution to this would be adding a new icon to the top, next to the friend's list most likely. It would be solely designed for looking for group and thus it could even have more organization to it. This would cause people to find the LFG tool a lot easier as it is visible on it's own and if it was more organized, it would be friendlier and faster to navigate.

There would be room to have multiple tabs that can separate Dungeons, Raids, Fractals, Open World, Story and RP down the left side marked by their respective icons and then there would be more room in each tab for certain specifics.

EG:

Open World Could have separate squad and parties tabs and then each have some map specifics inside those tabs, including Silverwastes and Dry Top to have their own tabs and not just be under Core Tyria. With more maps with huge events showing up in the list with easier navigation to the correct section, more people would be able to find exactly what they are looking for a lot faster.

It is important the the LFG Tool is visible to the community. New, returning and current players need to know where the tool is and having it just as a secondary thought under the friends list is not good enough.

> @Mewcifer.5198 said:

> Am I the only person who hovers over to see what the buttons on the UI do when I start a new game? I would hardly call the lfg tool buried.

It is such an important tool, it shouldn't be under friends list to get to it.

It should have it's own tab at the top next to the friends list.

It's not just some thing to help you make friends, it is a tool to help you find a group with a common goal.

Without being guided to it, why does it make sense for it to be where it is currently?

I am glad that you clicked friends list and then went out of your way to check all the tabs in it, but you shouldn't have to do that for something that is a key feature when you get to max level content.

The good old days when you had to stand in front of whatever content you were hoping to do and scream out your intentions at each passerby hoping to find a like-minded individual (or using an external website when that came around) are long gone... and good riddance! I like your idea a great deal. It would be wonderful to have a new greyish icon on the top of the screen specifically for LFG. I don't know that finding the LFG Tool is such a problem because who doesn't meet someone every day you want to friend or block? then poof! 'There's an LFG Tool in here!' But in all seriousness I really like the idea. Please do!

> @hellsqueen.3045 said:

> > @Mewcifer.5198 said:

> > Am I the only person who hovers over to see what the buttons on the UI do when I start a new game? I would hardly call the lfg tool buried.

>

> It is such an important tool, it shouldn't be under friends list to get to it.

> It should have it's own tab at the top next to the friends list.

> It's not just some thing to help you make friends, it is a tool to help you find a group with a common goal.

> Without being guided to it, why does it make sense for it to be where it is currently?

> I am glad that you clicked friends list and then went out of your way to check all the tabs in it, but you shouldn't have to do that for something that is a key feature when you get to max level content.

If you hover over it it says it is "contacts and lfg" I didn't have to open it to see what was under all the tabs. It really isn't hidden or buried.

> @Mewcifer.5198 said:

> Am I the only person who hovers over to see what the buttons on the UI do when I start a new game? I would hardly call the lfg tool buried.

I agree, it's not exactly buried or hidden, but having to click the "social" button, then be presented with a friends list, then click the LFG tab, and *then* click the content you want for 10 times or more a day is tiring and tedious. If the social button would park at LFG that would already be a huge improvement. I mean, who looks at their friends list that much anway? That's what guilds are for.

So if anything, having the LFG tool have it's own button would just be a bit less tedious.

But those are such minor complaints really that it's not worth discussing in depth i think...

> @Veprovina.4876 said:

> > @Mewcifer.5198 said:

> > Am I the only person who hovers over to see what the buttons on the UI do when I start a new game? I would hardly call the lfg tool buried.

>

> I agree, it's not exactly buried or hidden, but having to click the "social" button, then be presented with a friends list, then click the LFG tab, and *then* click the content you want for 10 times or more a day is tiring and tedious. If the social button would park at LFG that would already be a huge improvement. I mean, who looks at their friends list that much anway? That's what guilds are for.

>

> So if anything, having the LFG tool have it's own button would just be a bit less tedious.

>

> But those are such minor complaints really that it's not worth discussing in depth i think...

I actually use my friends list all the time xD My main guild is teetering on member cap, so using my friends list is a much easier way to keep track of people and see who is online and what content they might be doing.

The LFG tool is mentioned when each character reaches level 29. I realize most veterans will simply click away such messages, but it's hard to imagine there's any UI solution for newer players who aren't taking the time to mouse over icons, check out the wiki, or read the existing in-game tips. That doesn't mean it's not worth changing things, but it probably means that (a) it's not as important or urgent as the OP suggests and (b) it probably doesn't need to be touched until ANet does a comprehensive review and overhaul of the existing panels, windows, etc (of which pretty all of it could use some TLC, not just LFG).

Honestly, there should be a toggle in options that defaults to "on" that opens up the LFG for a zone when traveling there, similar to how the dungeon or fractal portals work.

So, in this manner, you go to port in to DS, and rather than the map loading immediately you get an option that says "You are entering an area which contains large group events, would you like to proceed alone or use the LFG tool to find a squad to play with?" with a little "don't show me this again" checkbox at the bottom that turns it off without having to find it in options.

In addition, I forget which LS episode it was but I recall one of them having a herald for bosses in LA. Adding that guy near the tradepost WP in LA as a shortcut for new players to open the world posses LFG would be pretty good as well. New players should have most of the basics under them by the time they reach LA, and this would clue them in to the idea of world boss timers.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> The LFG tool is mentioned when each character reaches level 29. I realize most veterans will simply click away such messages, but it's hard to imagine there's any UI solution for newer players who aren't taking the time to mouse over icons, check out the wiki, or read the existing in-game tips. That doesn't mean it's not worth changing things, but it probably means that (a) it's not as important or urgent as the OP suggests and (b) it probably doesn't need to be touched until ANet does a comprehensive review and overhaul of the existing panels, windows, etc (of which pretty all of it could use some TLC, not just LFG).

People who level boost straight to 80 do not get such obvious leads to the LFG.

> @hellsqueen.3045 said:

> As the title says, the Looking For Group (LFG) tool is not in a good location.

> With lots of new people joining the game and lots of people returning to the game, it would be easy for the LFG tool to easily go unknown to them or forgotten of. Especially if they boosted straight to 80, skipping all of the guidance to that feature.

> Even people who have been playing the game for a while sometimes forget or do not know where the LFG system is.

>

> As it currently stands the LFG tool is where you access your friends, followers and block lists.

> The friend's list shows up first and then the looking for group tab is below it.

> THIS IS TOO MUCH OF AN IMPORTANT TOOL TO BE BURIED BENEATH A FRIEND'S LIST.

>

> A solution to this would be adding a new icon to the top, next to the friend's list most likely. It would be solely designed for looking for group and thus it could even have more organization to it. This would cause people to find the LFG tool a lot easier as it is visible on it's own and if it was more organized, it would be friendlier and faster to navigate.

> There would be room to have multiple tabs that can separate Dungeons, Raids, Fractals, Open World, Story and RP down the left side marked by their respective icons and then there would be more room in each tab for certain specifics.

> EG:

> Open World Could have separate squad and parties tabs and then each have some map specifics inside those tabs, including Silverwastes and Dry Top to have their own tabs and not just be under Core Tyria. With more maps with huge events showing up in the list with easier navigation to the correct section, more people would be able to find exactly what they are looking for a lot faster.

>

> It is important the the LFG Tool is visible to the community. New, returning and current players need to know where the tool is and having it just as a secondary thought under the friends list is not good enough.

Thumbs down. Stopped reading at friendlist on top.

If you cannot be bothered to familiarize yourself with the UI when you start playing a new game, I have no sympathy for you.

> @hellsqueen.3045 said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > The LFG tool is mentioned when each character reaches level 29. I realize most veterans will simply click away such messages, but it's hard to imagine there's any UI solution for newer players who aren't taking the time to mouse over icons, check out the wiki, or read the existing in-game tips. That doesn't mean it's not worth changing things, but it probably means that (a) it's not as important or urgent as the OP suggests and (b) it probably doesn't need to be touched until ANet does a comprehensive review and overhaul of the existing panels, windows, etc (of which pretty all of it could use some TLC, not just LFG).

>

> People who level boost straight to 80 do not get such obvious leads to the LFG.

Lol

That covers everything

New player, doesnt want to take 5 min to explore ui. Doesnt want to level. Wants everything now. Complains the game didnt xyz.

> @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > @hellsqueen.3045 said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > The LFG tool is mentioned when each character reaches level 29. I realize most veterans will simply click away such messages, but it's hard to imagine there's any UI solution for newer players who aren't taking the time to mouse over icons, check out the wiki, or read the existing in-game tips. That doesn't mean it's not worth changing things, but it probably means that (a) it's not as important or urgent as the OP suggests and (b) it probably doesn't need to be touched until ANet does a comprehensive review and overhaul of the existing panels, windows, etc (of which pretty all of it could use some TLC, not just LFG).

> >

> > People who level boost straight to 80 do not get such obvious leads to the LFG.

>

> Lol

> That covers everything

>

> New player, doesnt want to take 5 min to explore ui. Doesnt want to level. Wants everything now. Complains the game didnt xyz.

Returning players are forgetting about it too.

Having it second to the friends list makes no sense.

As someone who has 18 full level 80's and has leveled up a ton of characters genuinely including deleted level 80's that aren't included in my count of full levels that I listed, I am not speaking as if a new player doesn't want to explore the UI. I am speaking as someone who thinks it can and should be done better, that it should not be in the same place as the friends list because the LFG is a core part of progressing particularly when you get to harder content and thus should be in its own section and that section could then be better organized in a way that is more friendly to search through and faster to navigate for all players.

For example: The Silverwastes and Dry Top should not be in "Core Tyria" LFG's because they are such prominent farming places and thus there are LFG's going for them and having to scroll through Central Tyria stuff for it is a pain. They should be in their own tab.

> @hellsqueen.3045 said:

> As the title says, the Looking For Group (LFG) tool is not in a good location.

> With lots of new people joining the game and lots of people returning to the game, it would be easy for the LFG tool to easily go unknown to them or forgotten of. Especially if they boosted straight to 80, skipping all of the guidance to that feature.

> Even people who have been playing the game for a while sometimes forget or do not know where the LFG system is.

>

> As it currently stands the LFG tool is where you access your friends, followers and block lists.

> The friend's list shows up first and then the looking for group tab is below it.

> THIS IS TOO MUCH OF AN IMPORTANT TOOL TO BE BURIED BENEATH A FRIEND'S LIST.

>

> A solution to this would be adding a new icon to the top, next to the friend's list most likely. It would be solely designed for looking for group and thus it could even have more organization to it. This would cause people to find the LFG tool a lot easier as it is visible on it's own and if it was more organized, it would be friendlier and faster to navigate.

> There would be room to have multiple tabs that can separate Dungeons, Raids, Fractals, Open World, Story and RP down the left side marked by their respective icons and then there would be more room in each tab for certain specifics.

> EG:

> Open World Could have separate squad and parties tabs and then each have some map specifics inside those tabs, including Silverwastes and Dry Top to have their own tabs and not just be under Core Tyria. With more maps with huge events showing up in the list with easier navigation to the correct section, more people would be able to find exactly what they are looking for a lot faster.

>

> It is important the the LFG Tool is visible to the community. New, returning and current players need to know where the tool is and having it just as a secondary thought under the friends list is not good enough.

Totally agree, i can't tell you how many times i've had to explain where the LFG tool is and the responses i got were that of disbelief that there wasn't a stand alone tab for it.

> @hellsqueen.3045 said:

> > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > @hellsqueen.3045 said:

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > The LFG tool is mentioned when each character reaches level 29. I realize most veterans will simply click away such messages, but it's hard to imagine there's any UI solution for newer players who aren't taking the time to mouse over icons, check out the wiki, or read the existing in-game tips. That doesn't mean it's not worth changing things, but it probably means that (a) it's not as important or urgent as the OP suggests and (b) it probably doesn't need to be touched until ANet does a comprehensive review and overhaul of the existing panels, windows, etc (of which pretty all of it could use some TLC, not just LFG).

> > >

> > > People who level boost straight to 80 do not get such obvious leads to the LFG.

> >

> > Lol

> > That covers everything

> >

> > New player, doesnt want to take 5 min to explore ui. Doesnt want to level. Wants everything now. Complains the game didnt xyz.

>

> Returning players are forgetting about it too.

> Having it second to the friends list makes no sense.

>

> As someone who has 18 full level 80's and has leveled up a ton of characters genuinely including deleted level 80's that aren't included in my count of full levels that I listed, I am not speaking as if a new player doesn't want to explore the UI. I am speaking as someone who thinks it can and should be done better, that it should not be in the same place as the friends list because the LFG is a core part of progressing particularly when you get to harder content and thus should be in its own section and that section could then be better organized in a way that is more friendly to search through and faster to navigate for all players.

>

> For example: The Silverwastes and Dry Top should not be in "Core Tyria" LFG's because they are such prominent farming places and thus there are LFG's going for them and having to scroll through Central Tyria stuff for it is a pain. They should be in their own tab.

The lfg tool is in tbe right place. The real problem is the menu tree IN the lfg tool.

> > As the title says, the Looking For Group (LFG) tool is not in a good location.

> > With lots of new people joining the game and lots of people returning to the game, it would be easy for the LFG tool to easily go unknown to them or forgotten of. Especially if they boosted straight to 80, skipping all of the guidance to that feature.

> > Even people who have been playing the game for a while sometimes forget or do not know where the LFG system is.

> >

> > As it currently stands the LFG tool is where you access your friends, followers and block lists.

> > The friend's list shows up first and then the looking for group tab is below it.

> > THIS IS TOO MUCH OF AN IMPORTANT TOOL TO BE BURIED BENEATH A FRIEND'S LIST.

> >

> > A solution to this would be adding a new icon to the top, next to the friend's list most likely. It would be solely designed for looking for group and thus it could even have more organization to it. This would cause people to find the LFG tool a lot easier as it is visible on it's own and if it was more organized, it would be friendlier and faster to navigate.

> > There would be room to have multiple tabs that can separate Dungeons, Raids, Fractals, Open World, Story and RP down the left side marked by their respective icons and then there would be more room in each tab for certain specifics.

> > EG:

> > Open World Could have separate squad and parties tabs and then each have some map specifics inside those tabs, including Silverwastes and Dry Top to have their own tabs and not just be under Core Tyria. With more maps with huge events showing up in the list with easier navigation to the correct section, more people would be able to find exactly what they are looking for a lot faster.

> >

> > It is important the the LFG Tool is visible to the community. New, returning and current players need to know where the tool is and having it just as a secondary thought under the friends list is not good enough.

>

> Thumbs down. Stopped reading at friendlist on top.

>

> If you cannot be bothered to familiarize yourself with the UI when you start playing a new game, I have no sympathy for you.

Oh wow aren't you being a bit harsh? it was a sensible proposal. why so salty?

> > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > @hellsqueen.3045 said:

> > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > The LFG tool is mentioned when each character reaches level 29. I realize most veterans will simply click away such messages, but it's hard to imagine there's any UI solution for newer players who aren't taking the time to mouse over icons, check out the wiki, or read the existing in-game tips. That doesn't mean it's not worth changing things, but it probably means that (a) it's not as important or urgent as the OP suggests and (b) it probably doesn't need to be touched until ANet does a comprehensive review and overhaul of the existing panels, windows, etc (of which pretty all of it could use some TLC, not just LFG).

> > > >

> > > > People who level boost straight to 80 do not get such obvious leads to the LFG.

> > >

> > > Lol

> > > That covers everything

> > >

> > > New player, doesnt want to take 5 min to explore ui. Doesnt want to level. Wants everything now. Complains the game didnt xyz.

> >

> > Returning players are forgetting about it too.

> > Having it second to the friends list makes no sense.

> >

> > As someone who has 18 full level 80's and has leveled up a ton of characters genuinely including deleted level 80's that aren't included in my count of full levels that I listed, I am not speaking as if a new player doesn't want to explore the UI. I am speaking as someone who thinks it can and should be done better, that it should not be in the same place as the friends list because the LFG is a core part of progressing particularly when you get to harder content and thus should be in its own section and that section could then be better organized in a way that is more friendly to search through and faster to navigate for all players.

> >

> > For example: The Silverwastes and Dry Top should not be in "Core Tyria" LFG's because they are such prominent farming places and thus there are LFG's going for them and having to scroll through Central Tyria stuff for it is a pain. They should be in their own tab.

>

> The lfg tool is in tbe right place. The real problem is the menu tree IN the lfg tool.

A ton of other games separate the friend's list from their looking for group systems, because these two things are simply not the same.

It needs to be on it's own right at the top with everything else so it can be noticed, not searched for.

I agree with the OP on this. I can't tell you how many people simply miss it. There are a ton of people who never add friends to their game. My wife is one of them. Sure she might mouse over stuff when she starts, but I can't impress on people the importance of LFG in this game.

People who say the Silverwastes is dead, or that Dragon Stand is dead (we've seen plenty of that), are most probably not aware that checking the LFG tool is a valid way to get to servers actively doing that content. Playing HOT I spend a lot of time in LFG tool when I'm actively pursuing a goal. In fact, most games only have a dungeon finder, but not a looking for group tool that encompasses quite so much as this one, so people not interested in dungeons and raids might skip it altogether.

The LFG tool needs to be far more visible.

> @"Tiger Ashante.1792" said:

> > > As the title says, the Looking For Group (LFG) tool is not in a good location.

> > > With lots of new people joining the game and lots of people returning to the game, it would be easy for the LFG tool to easily go unknown to them or forgotten of. Especially if they boosted straight to 80, skipping all of the guidance to that feature.

> > > Even people who have been playing the game for a while sometimes forget or do not know where the LFG system is.

> > >

> > > As it currently stands the LFG tool is where you access your friends, followers and block lists.

> > > The friend's list shows up first and then the looking for group tab is below it.

> > > THIS IS TOO MUCH OF AN IMPORTANT TOOL TO BE BURIED BENEATH A FRIEND'S LIST.

> > >

> > > A solution to this would be adding a new icon to the top, next to the friend's list most likely. It would be solely designed for looking for group and thus it could even have more organization to it. This would cause people to find the LFG tool a lot easier as it is visible on it's own and if it was more organized, it would be friendlier and faster to navigate.

> > > There would be room to have multiple tabs that can separate Dungeons, Raids, Fractals, Open World, Story and RP down the left side marked by their respective icons and then there would be more room in each tab for certain specifics.

> > > EG:

> > > Open World Could have separate squad and parties tabs and then each have some map specifics inside those tabs, including Silverwastes and Dry Top to have their own tabs and not just be under Core Tyria. With more maps with huge events showing up in the list with easier navigation to the correct section, more people would be able to find exactly what they are looking for a lot faster.

> > >

> > > It is important the the LFG Tool is visible to the community. New, returning and current players need to know where the tool is and having it just as a secondary thought under the friends list is not good enough.

> >

> > Thumbs down. Stopped reading at friendlist on top.

> >

> > If you cannot be bothered to familiarize yourself with the UI when you start playing a new game, I have no sympathy for you.

>

> Oh wow aren't you being a bit harsh? it was a sensible proposal. why so salty?

No salt. Infact no feeling vested at all.

I have no sympathy, where is the "salt"?

Does salty now mean anytime someone says something you dont think?

Harsh? Possibly.

It was a sensible statement of how I feel on the matter. Why so sugary?

> @hellsqueen.3045 said:

> > @Mewcifer.5198 said:

>

> It is such an important tool, it shouldn't be under friends list to get to it.

> It should have it's own tab at the top next to the friends list.

> It's not just some thing to help you make friends, it is a tool to help you find a group with a common goal.

> Without being guided to it, why does it make sense for it to be where it is currently?

> I am glad that you clicked friends list and then went out of your way to check all the tabs in it, but you shouldn't have to do that for something that is a key feature when you get to max level content.

The problem with this line of thinking is that, eventually, everything gets justified as being important, and must in the forefront for "availability" purposes. The bigger problem is the "Friends" menu needs to relabeled and tweaked into "Social" menu, containing all messaging, grouping, friend list and (arguably) the Guild interface. That way the only "hurdle" is a person's ability to associate the term "social" with certain in-game concepts, and thus should know where to look for it.

Honestly the menu systems are in need of a layout overhaul, as the disparate pathways of finding sub-menus is a bigger contributor to the difficulty then having a 2 Tier menu depth.

> > As the title says, the Looking For Group (LFG) tool is not in a good location.

> > With lots of new people joining the game and lots of people returning to the game, it would be easy for the LFG tool to easily go unknown to them or forgotten of. Especially if they boosted straight to 80, skipping all of the guidance to that feature.

> > Even people who have been playing the game for a while sometimes forget or do not know where the LFG system is.

> >

> > As it currently stands the LFG tool is where you access your friends, followers and block lists.

> > The friend's list shows up first and then the looking for group tab is below it.

> > THIS IS TOO MUCH OF AN IMPORTANT TOOL TO BE BURIED BENEATH A FRIEND'S LIST.

> >

> > A solution to this would be adding a new icon to the top, next to the friend's list most likely. It would be solely designed for looking for group and thus it could even have more organization to it. This would cause people to find the LFG tool a lot easier as it is visible on it's own and if it was more organized, it would be friendlier and faster to navigate.

> > There would be room to have multiple tabs that can separate Dungeons, Raids, Fractals, Open World, Story and RP down the left side marked by their respective icons and then there would be more room in each tab for certain specifics.

> > EG:

> > Open World Could have separate squad and parties tabs and then each have some map specifics inside those tabs, including Silverwastes and Dry Top to have their own tabs and not just be under Core Tyria. With more maps with huge events showing up in the list with easier navigation to the correct section, more people would be able to find exactly what they are looking for a lot faster.

> >

> > It is important the the LFG Tool is visible to the community. New, returning and current players need to know where the tool is and having it just as a secondary thought under the friends list is not good enough.

>

> Thumbs down. Stopped reading at friendlist on top.

>

> If you cannot be bothered to familiarize yourself with the UI when you start playing a new game, I have no sympathy for you.

Most people do not familiarize themselves with anything before they start playing a game. Speaking as someone who codes UIs for a living, and who has done UX testing with focus groups, I can tell you the vast majority of people do not do this.

I can also tell you that even if they do look it over first, if things aren't laid out in a way that people expect, they still won't see the buttons.

You can add flashing text that tells them where it is. They won't read it.

You can add giant arrows that point to it. They won't see them.

You can add unskippable tutorials they MUST complete. People still won't know where stuff is.

They might still not even know it exists.

Where you put stuff is incredibly important if you want people to be able to find it.

> @starlinvf.1358 said:

> > > @Mewcifer.5198 said:

> > > Am I the only person who hovers over to see what the buttons on the UI do when I start a new game? I would hardly call the lfg tool buried.

> >

> > It is such an important tool, it shouldn't be under friends list to get to it.

> > It should have it's own tab at the top next to the friends list.

> > It's not just some thing to help you make friends, it is a tool to help you find a group with a common goal.

> > Without being guided to it, why does it make sense for it to be where it is currently?

> > I am glad that you clicked friends list and then went out of your way to check all the tabs in it, but you shouldn't have to do that for something that is a key feature when you get to max level content.

>

> The problem with this line of thinking is that, eventually, everything gets justified as being important, and must in the forefront for "availability" purposes. The bigger problem is the "Friends" menu needs to relabeled and tweaked into "Social" menu, containing all messaging, grouping, friend list and (arguably) the Guild interface. That way the only "hurdle" is a person's ability to associate the term "social" with certain in-game concepts, and thus should know where to look for it.

>

> Honestly the menu systems are in need of a layout overhaul, as the disparate pathways of finding sub-menus is a bigger contributor to the difficulty then having a 2 Tier menu depth.

It isn't even the "friends" menu. It is "Contacts and LFG"

> @Cleopatra.4068 said:

> > > As the title says, the Looking For Group (LFG) tool is not in a good location.

> > > With lots of new people joining the game and lots of people returning to the game, it would be easy for the LFG tool to easily go unknown to them or forgotten of. Especially if they boosted straight to 80, skipping all of the guidance to that feature.

> > > Even people who have been playing the game for a while sometimes forget or do not know where the LFG system is.

> > >

> > > As it currently stands the LFG tool is where you access your friends, followers and block lists.

> > > The friend's list shows up first and then the looking for group tab is below it.

> > > THIS IS TOO MUCH OF AN IMPORTANT TOOL TO BE BURIED BENEATH A FRIEND'S LIST.

> > >

> > > A solution to this would be adding a new icon to the top, next to the friend's list most likely. It would be solely designed for looking for group and thus it could even have more organization to it. This would cause people to find the LFG tool a lot easier as it is visible on it's own and if it was more organized, it would be friendlier and faster to navigate.

> > > There would be room to have multiple tabs that can separate Dungeons, Raids, Fractals, Open World, Story and RP down the left side marked by their respective icons and then there would be more room in each tab for certain specifics.

> > > EG:

> > > Open World Could have separate squad and parties tabs and then each have some map specifics inside those tabs, including Silverwastes and Dry Top to have their own tabs and not just be under Core Tyria. With more maps with huge events showing up in the list with easier navigation to the correct section, more people would be able to find exactly what they are looking for a lot faster.

> > >

> > > It is important the the LFG Tool is visible to the community. New, returning and current players need to know where the tool is and having it just as a secondary thought under the friends list is not good enough.

> >

> > Thumbs down. Stopped reading at friendlist on top.

> >

> > If you cannot be bothered to familiarize yourself with the UI when you start playing a new game, I have no sympathy for you.

>

> Most people do not familiarize themselves with anything before they start playing a game. Speaking as someone who codes UIs for a living, and who has done UX testing with focus groups, I can tell you the vast majority of people do not do this.

>

> I can also tell you that even if they do look it over first, if things aren't laid out in a way that people expect, they still won't see the buttons.

>

> You can add flashing text that tells them where it is. They won't read it.

>

> You can add giant arrows that point to it. They won't see them.

>

> You can add unskippable tutorials they MUST complete. People still won't know where stuff is.

>

> They might still not even know it exists.

>

> Where you put stuff is incredibly important if you want people to be able to find it.

I admire what be the inhuman patience you have.