QOL Request: Deleting items

There are certain items - Wintersday Gifts that you give to orphans for example - which, when you try to delete them, you need to type in the name of the item first. I understand putting that requirement for important items, but can we please have it removed for things like this? Box o' Fun, etc.? Anything that has absolutely no benefit gameplay-wise? It's annoying when I am trying to clear our inventory of junk items that I can't sell.

I agree.

Have that function only for items such as **rare** gear, weapons, trinkets or higher.

Crafting materials, etc... also rare or gigher tier.

But that sort of thing, such as those Christmas parcels that falls into my inventory unsolicited are not wanted, and therefore should be easy to get rid of.

I've been trying for over a year, frequently... to get Jormag's breath and nothing.

Now that's something that would be useful.

At least for me, as it would complete my rev's look, and obviously I'm not going to pay 150g aprox for it in TP.

Sorry, but each one of us sees things differently, and don’t believe a virtual sword skin should be worth that much; as it brings no real advantage to me whatsoever against foes on in any other way, shape, or form; just like those wrapped boxes.

We grind enough as it is for a mere ascended, that... to me doesn't make much difference in combat, tbh.

I really see no difference.

I was fighting bandits with no armour and just a sword, and it made no difference whatsoever.

I don't want my inventory clogged with useless stuff.

> @"SoulGuardian.6203" said:

> At least for me, as it would complete my rev's look, and obviously I'm not going to pay 150g aprox for it in TP.

>

105 gold buy order currently, or you can craft it for 90: https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-31065

Saving up 50 Mystic Coins takes two and half months, the cost of the rest is about 25 gold.

Annoyingly, some of the collection items for legendaries fall into this - they have absolutely no use after you achieve them and unlock the collection step - they have no value (so can not be easily sold) and have no use for anything else, so when I go to delete them, I have to type in the full name.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"SoulGuardian.6203" said:

> > At least for me, as it would complete my rev's look, and obviously I'm not going to pay 150g aprox for it in TP.

> >

> 105 gold buy order currently, or you can craft it for 90: https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-31065

> Saving up 50 Mystic Coins takes two and half months, the cost of the rest is about 25 gold.

I've placed a bid for 105g but no luck so far.

That's all I have. But not offering more than that either way.

Anyways.

Don't want to hijack OP.

So back on topic.

I did the parcel thing once last year and never got anything substantial in return for my efforts.

Not complaining, but it was a complete waste of time.

I think most people here do not understand just how much time Customer Support is tied in with restoration of item requests. It's massive, usually by far one of the main issues for any CS team of a MMORPG no matter how many loops are in place to prevent accidental item destruction.

I fully agree that it is obnoxious to have to type in the full name on items, but I always weigh it against the stupidity which is all encompassing in playerbases. The good news is, many items which one wishes to delete can be:

- vendored

- used and immediately dropped (most transformations)

- consumed

- stacked to destroy as stack

- finished the corresponding achievement to prevent future drops

- etc

EDIT: just small clarification

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> I think most people here do not understand just how much time Customer Support is tied in with restoration of item requests. It's massive, usually by far one of the main issues for any CS team of a MMORPG no matter how many loops are in place to prevent accidental item destruction.

>

> I fully agree that it is obnoxious to have to type in the full name on items, but I always weigh it against the stupidity which is all encompassing in playerbases. The good news is, many items which one wishes to delete can be:

> - vendored

> - used and immediately dropped (most transformations)

> - consumed

> - stacked to destroy as stack

> - finished the corresponding achievement to prevent future drops

> - etc

>

> EDIT: just small clarification

We understand that, and really appreciate the work they put into that.

What we're saying is that items can have their own code to be easily disposed of or not, and we don't get why such an item, just like the one in question, (Christmas Wrap) has an extra precaution not to be destroyed easily.

If you read all comments, you would have seen that we are suggesting to keep or give that extra confirmation for destruction for things that really matter. Things of high value.

Not a wrapped parcel that has no value, other than being part of an event.

It has no other purpose.

You can't sell it, use it for crafting, or use it in mystic forge; etc...

If there's a more important significance beyond that, we'd like to know.

We're not by any means being spoil sports, Long live Wintersday; just don't find it justifiable. That's all.

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > I think most people here do not understand just how much time Customer Support is tied in with restoration of item requests. It's massive, usually by far one of the main issues for any CS team of a MMORPG no matter how many loops are in place to prevent accidental item destruction.

> >

> > I fully agree that it is obnoxious to have to type in the full name on items, but I always weigh it against the stupidity which is all encompassing in playerbases. The good news is, many items which one wishes to delete can be:

> > - vendored

> > - used and immediately dropped (most transformations)

> > - consumed

> > - stacked to destroy as stack

> > - finished the corresponding achievement to prevent future drops

> > - etc

> >

> > EDIT: just small clarification

>

> We understand that, and really appreciate the work they put into that.

> What we're saying is that items can have their own code to be easily disposed of or not, and we don't get why such an item, just like the one in question, (Christmas Wrap) has an extra precaution not to be destroyed easily.

>

> If you read all comments, you would have seen that we are suggesting to keep or give that extra confirmation for destruction for things that really matter. Things of high value.

> Not a wrapped parcel that has no value, other than being part of an event.

> It has no other purpose.

> You can't sell it, use it for crafting, or use it in mystic forge; etc...

> If there's a more important significance beyond that, we'd like to know.

>

> We're not by any means being spoil sports, Long live Wintersday; just don't find it justifiable. That's all.

Oh sure, that makes sense. Some singular items should be reconsidered because the deletion restriction seems a bit unnecessary on some of them.

Happy Wintersday!

I definitely used to sell the boar's bristles. Haven't gotten any lately though. Also Box o'fun is used in creating Moot, and unless you pay gems for them, only come through achievement rewards. Since you need 5 of them, that is a LOT of achievements to get if you don't want to pay gems. I can definitely see adding a delete message to those--it might at least cause someone to look up WHY it has that message, in case they ever want to make Moot.

The Wintersday gifts though--yep, can't see that one.

> @"Hesione.9412" said:

> Tomes of Experience...

Remember, there is now an option to convert Tomes of Knowledge (I assume that is what you meant, sorry if not) directly into Spirit Shards at Miyani or any other Mystic Forge Attendant. I believe the conversion rates are 3, 5 and 15 but the items can be converted in bulk thus allowing for a fast conversion of ToK into Spirit Shards without any animations or hassle.

Unfortunately not available for Tomes of Mentorship, which are lucky enough, quite rare.

> I've changed my mind about their usefulness.

> Have I been wrong?

> I just found out today that they give out loads of karma, for each one you give to an orphan.

> Man, have I wasted precious karma.

>

> Where can we can loads of them fast?

From the Wintersday vendor: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charity_Corps_Seraph_(Gift_Wrapping)

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Hesione.9412" said:

> > Tomes of Experience...

>

> Remember, there is now an option to convert Tomes of Knowledge (I assume that is what you meant, sorry if not) directly into Spirit Shards at Miyani or any other Mystic Forge Attendant. I believe the conversion rates are 3, 5 and 15 but the items can be converted in bulk thus allowing for a fast conversion of ToK into Spirit Shards without any animations or hassle.

>

> Unfortunately not available for Tomes of Mentorship, which are lucky enough, quite rare.

Ah, yes, Knowledge. That would only add to my 10K + spirit shards.

This is so annoying, I have 6million karma I dont use already, I dont see how adding 1k to it is beneficial. I put tomes in that category as well, and my 10k spirit shards, and 33k badges of honour.

I can understand safeguards for things to do with crafting whatever it is PvE players craft that is worth lots of money, but a safeguard on 1k Karma?

If I could turn off accepting this junk into my inventory would be even better. Im constantly having to delete bloodstone dust and its friends, and obsidian shards. Why do Adventure Box baubles not have a place in my wallet? I deleted a bunch of some robot parts the other day, so annoying I had to type each one of them out. I dont even know where they came from, was busy minding my own business farming gold in PvE to xfer WvW servers when they decided to infest my inventory spaces.

> @"Chorazin.4107" said:

> This is so annoying, I have 6million karma I dont use already, I dont see how adding 1k to it is beneficial. I put tomes in that category as well, and my 10k spirit shards, and 33k badges of honour.

>

> I can understand safeguards for things to do with crafting whatever it is PvE players craft that is worth lots of money, but a safeguard on 1k Karma?

>

> If I could turn off accepting this junk into my inventory would be even better. Im constantly having to delete bloodstone dust and its friends, and obsidian shards. Why do Adventure Box baubles not have a place in my wallet? I deleted a bunch of some robot parts the other day, so annoying I had to type each one of them out. I dont even know where they came from, was busy minding my own business farming gold in PvE to xfer WvW servers when they decided to infest my inventory spaces.

Haha.

I thumbs up you just because you're funny.

The way you explained it, made me laugh.

But tell me, you must have been playing for a long time.

You have all that accumulated Karma, and I'm struggling just to get 300k.

I need 900k for 3 items, and been at it for a week, and can't even reach the 315k for the first item.

Any tips in how to farm huge amounts of karma really quick?

I know that the Snowman layer gives about 8k+, but it's hard to find a winning team.

You have all that unwanted karma, and I really could do with it.

Hey, one man's fun is another's hell.

I get about 200K/day in wintersday. If you buff up all the karma enhancements (guild banners, bonfire, guild hall, food, candy canes, etc), the completion bonus for events but about 13K. so 13 K * 3 (jumping puzzle), 13 K * 3 (wintersday day ring) 4K * 15 (gifts to orphans, -7K for presents) + race (time trial - also gives karma gain boost) = 144K there. But the jumping puzzle, wintersday ring, and race also grant normal karma gain of around 3K each (7 * 3K is another 21K), so total up to 165K.

Note that for the chests, it is when you open the chest, not when you earn it, that all the buffs are relevant. So you can do all the activities, then get all the buffs, and get that 13K/chest.

> > @"Chorazin.4107" said:

> > This is so annoying, I have 6million karma I dont use already, I dont see how adding 1k to it is beneficial. I put tomes in that category as well, and my 10k spirit shards, and 33k badges of honour.

> >

> > I can understand safeguards for things to do with crafting whatever it is PvE players craft that is worth lots of money, but a safeguard on 1k Karma?

> >

> > If I could turn off accepting this junk into my inventory would be even better. Im constantly having to delete bloodstone dust and its friends, and obsidian shards. Why do Adventure Box baubles not have a place in my wallet? I deleted a bunch of some robot parts the other day, so annoying I had to type each one of them out. I dont even know where they came from, was busy minding my own business farming gold in PvE to xfer WvW servers when they decided to infest my inventory spaces.

>

> Haha.

> I thumbs up you just because you're funny.

> The way you explained it, made me laugh.

>

> But tell me, you must have been playing for a long time.

> You have all that accumulated Karma, and I'm struggling just to get 300k.

> I need 900k for 3 items, and been at it for a week, and can't even reach the 315k for the first item.

>

> Any tips in how to farm huge amounts of karma really quick?

> I know that the Snowman layer gives about 8k+, but it's hard to find a winning team.

>

> You have all that unwanted karma, and I really could do with it.

> Hey, one man's fun is another's hell.

I have been playing since launch, well that is a lie. The account has been mostly active since launch is probably more accurate. I have taken breaks, months here and there, other times for a year or more, plenty of other games to play. But friends and acquaintances have used the account a lot whilst I have been inactive. WvW'ing mostly, a little PvP, maybe some PvE? Who knows, I didnt ask lol.

On the Karma front I had 10million+ at one point. Im not a PvE player, the only time I am in PvE is to pharm gold to xfer in WvW. So I guess the karma just kind of built up over time as it never got spent on anything. I dont PvE outside gold pharming for xfers, dont care about skins overly much, and dont craft Legendary gear.