Toward balance in WvW, phase 1

Pelto.9364

The inbalance between exo and ascended gear should be removed. Ascended gear may have wvw infusions too.

Either forbid the use of ascended gear, or just scale down the stats accordingly.

Pros:

-The stat balance makes players more equal

-If the stats are scaled down to exo level, it means less power creep

-Exo gear is cheaper to craft which is good for players who want play with many different builds

Dude why???

Ascended gear is not making a bad Player good nor is exo gear making a good Player bad. Extra stats are nice but if you are able to build, then you can set your stats accordingly.

Tuning down ascendet stats in WvW would make the whole process of crafting completely useless for a whole game mode. (another one besides pvp). and Ascendet gear is really easy to aquire now.

Remembering how much time and effort i had to put in my first ascendet Amour i would be really mad if that all was just in vain.

> @Pelto.9364 said:

> The inbalance between exo and ascended gear should be removed. Ascended gear may have wvw infusions too.

>

> Either forbid the use of ascended gear, or just scale down the stats accordingly.

>

> Pros:

> -The stat balance makes players more equal

> -If the stats are scaled down to exo level, it means less power creep

> -Exo gear is cheaper to craft which is good for players who want play with many different builds

>

May I ask what armour you are wearing?

> @Seffen.2875 said:

> Dude why???

> Ascended gear is not making a bad Player good nor is exo gear making a good Player bad. Extra stats are nice but if you are able to build, then you can set your stats accordingly.

> Tuning down ascendet stats in WvW would make the whole process of crafting completely useless for a whole game mode. (another one besides pvp). and Ascendet gear is really easy to aquire now.

>

> Remembering how much time and effort i had to put in my first ascendet Amour i would be really mad if that all was just in vain.

Pretty much this. I don't see this change happening. Again, what armour are you wearing OP? It sounds like maybe you don't have ascended?

> @Pelto.9364 said:

> The inbalance between exo and ascended gear should be removed. Ascended gear may have wvw infusions too.

>

> Either forbid the use of ascended gear, or just scale down the stats accordingly.

>

> Pros:

> -Exo gear is cheaper to craft which is good for players who want play with many different builds

>

I mean, why not make it all white gear then? Legendary and ascended are top tier armor with the same stats. Exo is beginner WvW armor.

> @Pelto.9364 said:

> Well, people want balance to WvW, and this is the first step. If we allow this unbalance, people have no reason to cry about condis, dire stats, scourge, or red circles.

>

> (Don't know why this went to personal about my char's gears. Lame.)

>

This is not the first step to balance. We are asking about your gear to get more insight into your perspective (at least that's why I am asking). Gear is like a cherry on top of the sundae that is wvw. The core balance problems start with the ice cream.

1) Ascended gear advantage is small.

2) Nowadays it is not that hard to get full ascended. You can get the trinkets with laurels, bacpack easily obtainable on season 3 maps (you can get the tokens on wvw reward track).

3) When there was no ascended gear in the game exotic used to be harder to acquire. Exotic today is basically what rare was 5 years ago.

Might as well go with the PvP approach which is pick your necklace and your rune/sigil set. Would be hell of a lot easier to switch builds for sure.

I hate having 3 ascended sets for the 3 builds I run on my main character. If you have alts then I'm very sorry, I feel your pain.

> @Pelto.9364 said:

>

>

> Pros:

>

I disagree. Ascended gear is supposed to be above exotic. It is something that gives you a small edge. Stop asking to be equal. This is not a game of equals. If you want to have the same advantage that those with ascended gear have, then work towards ascended gear. It is not that difficult to get.

> @juno.1840 said:

> Might as well go with the PvP approach which is pick your necklace and your rune/sigil set. Would be hell of a lot easier to switch builds for sure.

>

> I hate having 3 ascended sets for the 3 builds I run on my main character. If you have alts then I'm very sorry, I feel your pain.

Are your trinkets and armor all of the same stats?

> @Pelto.9364 said:

>

>

> Pros:

>

wait what?

i started GW2 x years ago, i went into WvW as upscaled idiot and i never left i didnt had ANY ascended gear untill it (maybe it did for ever already) started dropping..

so now i have ONE ! 1<<<< Ascended set all my other toons are in good old Exotic gear beside trinkets and i dont feel any difference between that one toon and all my other toons out there..

i always loved WvW cus u can simply roll in u play few hours u got enough badges to get ur self full armor set/weapon and ur good to go.

if u wondering why X person and same class can handle alot more beating its either he doesnt run berzerker like u or he is simply rotating better thru his skills.

> @Pelto.9364 said:

>

>

> Pros:

>

i mean why cant you just get legendary so you can change you stats so you can play different builds

> @Pelto.9364 said:

>

>

> Pros:

>

That’s not going to happen.

> @Pelto.9364 said:

> Well, people want balance to WvW, and this is the first step. If we allow this unbalance, people have no reason to cry about condis, dire stats, scourge, or red circles.

>

> (Don't know why this went to personal about my char's gears. Lame.)

>

Except the gear stats aren't significant enough for the types of encounters WvW facilitates. In PvP, where the population margin is tightly controlled, 5% is still small, but can be significant due to thresholds for kills. IE: The difference of 12k damage and 12.1k of damage is pretty huge when the target has 12,002 HP. But WvW has no ceiling when it comes to damage sources; and even with the 5 target cap on every AOE skill, stacking enough AOEs in an area will burst a target down if it has no sheer mitigation abilities. When you're dealing with 30+ AOE fields...... unless the target cap disperses the damage across a large group, 50% less stats will still result in a 2-3 second kill... and most of that time is caused by server latency.

Just like the 5% bonus stats itself, the act would merely be token change to convince less educated players of a big change..... but the reality is that 5% only really matters in PvE, due to the sustained DPS needed to deal with Boss HP. And even then, Raids are the only place where the difference of 40k DPS across a team can be considered statistically significant. When you really get down to the practical math of WvW.... Boons, Blocks and Clears make the biggest difference in a blob fight, because they unilaterally mitigate, if not entirely negate, huge portions of incoming damage. Second to that is the defensive stats, to build a buffer to survive the bleed through damage that will inevitably make it past the first defenses. Theres a reason Shout Guardians have been present in every single WvW since the beginning.... Boons are powerful. Might was king in the early Power Meta, Stability was king during pirate ship meta, Resistance was king during the Condi meta, and now boon strip is giving rise to a new type of Condi Pirate ship meta. A 5% difference in a statistical scale of over a hundred thousand DPS is not enough is not enough to impact an HP of 20-25k.

From your perspective of the problem, the only way to address the issue is to hard cap the incoming DPS to give players a reaction window. But that still wouldn't even begin to address the fact that defenses are designed around sPvP, providing short bursts of defenses to directly counter short bursts of incoming damage. With WvW, its a war of endless attrition; and the winner is often determined by who can sustain longer. If a group lacks sustain elements, or those elements are knocked out mid-fight, the group comp itself collapses. Its why only PvE thinks sustain DPS numbers are significant, sPvP focuses on burst thresholds, and WvW only really makes a distinction based on group size.