Open world Legendary armor collections [SUGGESTION]

Zehs.4037

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> > @"Vilin.8056"

> I never said that, read.

It's like if you said it indirectly, because you think the legendary armors have a purpose in raid/wvw/pvp contents, but they're useless in the open world (strike/fractal/dg inclused).

I think, when come up a balance update, it changes everything, as some game aspect, or our way to play a class, sometimes. And, it isn't really important which content you're playing, because you'll need a new gear-set or transmute that one actual anyway

Take me, I've got different ascended armor-set for different classes, and I use every of them daily. And often I like to make personal build to use solo against Champions or Legendary bosses.

Currently I'm trying a new build with Rev, but even though I've already got three heavy ascended armor-set, I feel the need for another set. But I have to craft one more, again! It's literally frustrating!

> @"fra.5241" said:

> > > @"Vilin.8056"

> > I never said that, read.

>

> It's like if you said it indirectly, because you think the legendary armors have a purpose in raid/wvw/pvp contents, but they're useless in the open world (strike/fractal/dg inclused).

> I think, when come up a balance update, it changes everything, as some game aspect, or our way to play a class, sometimes. And, it isn't really important which content you're playing, because you'll need a new gear-set or transmute that one actual anyway

> Take me, I've got different ascended armor-set for different classes, and I use every of them daily. And often I like to make personal build to use solo against Champions or Legendary bosses.

> Currently I'm trying a new build with Rev, but even though I've already got three heavy ascended armor-set, I feel the need for another set. But I have to craft one more, again! It's literally frustrating!

Again, you're not reading my posts.

Instanced PvE isn't considered open world content, therefore unrelated to the topic.

Though either fractals deserve a set of legendary armor is upon a debate, that is also completely another topic which is entirely not open world either.

Cost wise a set of legendary armor usually cost 6-7 times higher than an average set of ascended(plus sacrificing an equal number of ascended armor/weapons). In case of open world where there isn't a inclusion of LI or WvW rank requirement, it's destined to set the cost even higher.

It wouldn't ease your frustration if cost is the main stepping stone.

Comparing to a veteran raider, whom usually need 3 sets of different gears per class to be able to fill every raid role, which all constantly under assault over what gets nerfed and what gets boosted, this is where the convenience of legendary armors has their most demand.

Most open world players don't care to bother with this level of fine tunings.

On a side note, you can now farm ascended armor for cheap in strike missions.

@"Vilin.8056"

Im sorry. I misunderstood your thought. You was talking about open world mode, only that. Nothing about Fractal, Strike or DG.

About the requirements, surely there'd be many ways for having a valid method to craft an open world legendary armor. Arenanet could include some new currency, similar to LI, or think up something entirely new. In both cases, we shouldn't worry about costs of productions; Personally I prefer working hard on a Open World Legendary Gear-Set, rather than to listen plaintive and pretentious people.

>On a side note, you can now farm ascended armor for cheap in strike missions.

Yes, in tha last few days I'm farming inherent stuff to Strike Missions for unlocking something good.