Trash energy costs on weapons

Swagger.1459

> @Selendile.9106 said:

> > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > > @Selendile.9106 said:

> > > I don’t see how removing energy cost from WSs would make such a big impact. Extra few seconds on Shiro/Mallyx/Kalla upkeep skills? A definite buff, but hardly game breaking.

> > >

> > > And it doesn’t make a lick of difference on non-upkeep utilities either.

> > >

> > > Frankly I’m in favor of keeping the costs, but just massively buffing the passive energy regen.

> >

> > Its about fundamental balance. Tell me why 1 and only 1 class should have 2 mechanics limiting how they can use their weapon skills? How is that balanced? Its not, and never will be. This isn't about being able to use your utility skills more (I would actually expect a rebalancing of how much energy they cost if energy was removed from weapon skills), its about balancing your access to your weapon skills to be consistent with that of other classes.

> >

> > Hell, even if your weapon skills didn't have CDs, and thus only had the energy mechanic (not proposing this btw, it would be a bad idea), it would still be the most restrictive mechanic in the game limiting skill use, because it would be global among all of your skills instead of just your weapon skills.

> >

> > This is purely about balancing rev's ability to use their weapon skills to be on par with other classes.

>

> You misunderstand: I’m agreeing that they could be removed. I’m countering the viewpoint that “if energy cost on WSs were removed, they would be overpowered”.

>

You're right, I did misunderstand. I apologize.