Scourge build after nerf

annur.9387

> @"Flumek.9043" said:

> > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > > @"Malsheem.1794" said:

> > > The point of a bunker build is to be hard to kill/lock down. A scourge is not.

> >

> > I mean, i'm a total noob and it takes at least 2-3 sustained attackers to cc and focus me down once I pop my seals while I still do enough damage to hold them back until they die or my team gets there, but okay.

>

> I think the same way a trained pve raider can do more damage than a whole 10man squad of random casual players,

>

> we can in same way say that silver players can do less damage than what is considered "a whole player" , so those 1v5s are more like 1v1,5.

Ah, so in other words, people will shit on whatever's not the meta being used in the hands of platinum players? I'll keep that in mind when asking for advice.

> @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > @"Flumek.9043" said:

> > > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > > > @"Malsheem.1794" said:

> > > > The point of a bunker build is to be hard to kill/lock down. A scourge is not.

> > >

> > > I mean, i'm a total noob and it takes at least 2-3 sustained attackers to cc and focus me down once I pop my seals while I still do enough damage to hold them back until they die or my team gets there, but okay.

> >

> > I think the same way a trained pve raider can do more damage than a whole 10man squad of random casual players,

> >

> > we can in same way say that silver players can do less damage than what is considered "a whole player" , so those 1v5s are more like 1v1,5.

>

> Ah, so in other words, people will kitten on whatever's not the meta being used in the hands of platinum players? I'll keep that in mind when asking for advice.

Keep playing as you are and increasing your skills. When you get pressured more in higher rankings, change your build. Everyone does this and is forced to adapt when Arenanet shakes things up.

> @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > @"Flumek.9043" said:

> > > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > > > @"Malsheem.1794" said:

> > > > The point of a bunker build is to be hard to kill/lock down. A scourge is not.

> > >

> > > I mean, i'm a total noob and it takes at least 2-3 sustained attackers to cc and focus me down once I pop my seals while I still do enough damage to hold them back until they die or my team gets there, but okay.

> >

> > I think the same way a trained pve raider can do more damage than a whole 10man squad of random casual players,

> >

> > we can in same way say that silver players can do less damage than what is considered "a whole player" , so those 1v5s are more like 1v1,5.

>

> Ah, so in other words, people will kitten on whatever's not the meta being used in the hands of platinum players? I'll keep that in mind when asking for advice.

Yes, poeple in low ranks not being worth talking balance about is true for any and all games.

All I did was set his 1v3 number to a more realistic 1v2.

> @"Flumek.9043" said:

> > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > > @"Flumek.9043" said:

> > > > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > > > > @"Malsheem.1794" said:

> > > > > The point of a bunker build is to be hard to kill/lock down. A scourge is not.

> > > >

> > > > I mean, i'm a total noob and it takes at least 2-3 sustained attackers to cc and focus me down once I pop my seals while I still do enough damage to hold them back until they die or my team gets there, but okay.

> > >

> > > I think the same way a trained pve raider can do more damage than a whole 10man squad of random casual players,

> > >

> > > we can in same way say that silver players can do less damage than what is considered "a whole player" , so those 1v5s are more like 1v1,5.

> >

> > Ah, so in other words, people will kitten on whatever's not the meta being used in the hands of platinum players? I'll keep that in mind when asking for advice.

>

> Yes, poeple in low ranks not being worth talking balance about is true for any and all games.

>

> All I did was set his 1v3 number to a more realistic 1v2.

"People in other games are toxic, elitist trash, so I think it's okay." Yeah, I'll be ignoring you from here on out. Buh-bye.

I went with assuming this is for pvp:

Hiya, i edge into p1 very often. Had taken a massive break before pvping again, so all things considered what i'm using should be alright.

I think focusing on the support aspect but also adding some power and condi dmg is the way to go.

Being able to keep yourself and your teammate alive while doing decent chip dmg feels nice, and even without sig of undeath the rez potential BM grants is great.

Though, scourge can't bunker for long, and i haven't used this much in 5v5 yet. Here's the build i use.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSAFgs1ZYZGMFWE7hNip+V2rG-zZh8QiUEkpUojFgGGA

The condis come from corruption & shade/utilities. Weapons just generate lifeforce while making use of vampiric, though focus #5 hits hard as always. Some people think staff is fun, i don't think it's all that great; it just does very little damage and you already have regen from mark of evasion. Minions (golem here) dont care about stats so they're really good for non-bursty builds like these, especially since their dmg didn't go down with the patch (?unless i'm mistaken).

The portal skill is invaluable, as it allows you to escape or kite for a while (or tp into an enemy; it does decent damage a corrupt), and the scourge stunbreak skill is great as it'll let you stomp, give boons to allies and do some decent damage once in a while too. I picked WoD because it can prevent some deaths that nothing else can deal with, like the DH circle + ele tornado, or secure a stomp. Serpent siphon was unironically good too when against enemies that might summon clones, minions or other stuff.

I've had no success with scourge builds that don't bother with the support aspect, or condi reaper builds. The former's too squishy and the latter's too slow.

For PvE, play however you want. I'd just go for maximizing condidmg, take some inspiration from old raid-focused builds and go from there. You could build for support with marshal gear again for carry potential and might-granting at the cost of a couple more seconds you might have to spend killing stuff alone. I don't know much about PvE scourge as i swapped back to C-reaper after a while and spent a lot of G getting the perfect infusions and stuff for that, but i hope this helped.