Problem speed - downloading game

It would be courteous of Anet to respond to this issue because this is a problem for virtually everyone. A friend of mine is trying to download the game, which is roughly 47 GB so it should be finished in a couple hours. Instead people have to leave their launcher running over multiple days without closing it lest the launcher glitch and force them to start the entire download over again.

This is fucking unacceptable. Most of these old threads don't even work currently because the files are now on shitty AWS servers. Solutions like blocking servers using Launchbuddy are also off the table if anyone is downloading this game for the first time.

Seriously, what the actual fuck?

If you stop the download, you don't have to start over. The counter will reset to 0 because it counts how many files/percentage has been downloaded in that session of use. You can watch 'remaining files' to see progress.

Also, those are current threads; or just read any of the threads on the front page for trouble-shooting tips.

Good luck.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> If you stop the download, you don't have to start over. The counter will reset to 0 because it counts how many files/percentage has been downloaded in that session of use. You can watch 'remaining files' to see progress.

>

> Also, those are current threads; or just read any of the threads on the front page for trouble-shooting tips.

>

> Good luck.

We understood that from our research already. The problem came when the game had completed downloading and when we tried to run it the game files were corrupt. They had to close the launcher two times during the download process to restart their system, and there weren't any crashes that we encountered during the download process, so everything should have worked correctly, but didn't.

I did walk them through the repair process but that didn't seem to fix the issue either. Also had them delete their GW2 documents folder and relaunch the game with no success.

It's very frustrating when there isn't any consistency to the cause of this issue, throughout any thread from years ago until now, other than the shitty amazon servers messing up peoples downloads. We're doing everything we can to try and figure out what we've done incorrectly during the installation process but every result leaves with the same conclusion.

If it acts like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck: it's obviously Anets fuckup at this point.

We have opened a support ticket, but judging by other peoples success rates (regarding this download issue specifically) we're not keeping our fingers crossed.

**edit**

Wanted to add an update to the issue since there are going to be plenty of others running into the same issue.

Anet's support team did manage to find a solution that we hadn't tried yet which finally fixed the issue for my friend, albeit a hacky workaround for something that shouldn't be an issue by default.

The solution that's mentioned in a few threads about disabling the QoS Packet Scheduler for the wireless network did not work for my friend initially. HOWEVER, when Anet had my friend plug their laptop into their router with an ethernet cable, and then disable the QoS Packet Scheduler for the Ethernet connection, it did work. I made sure my friend disabled their wireless during this process and restarted their pc which are important steps to follow when changing network settings.

Hopefully this helps someone. If the QoS setting by itself doesn't seem to be working, first restart your pc and try again. Then connect directly to your router/modem (depends if you're cable or not) with an ethernet cable and change the settings for your ethernet connection, restart, and see if the download works then.

Im having same think dont know what to do anymore he dowload till 50% witouth problems then went all crazy to 7mb to 0kb witouth stop the files dont show going down like was showing when downloading till 50%

Also the % now stoped show its always 0% i never had this trouble on client in some years ago seems is all messed up now :'(

> @"Havick.6081" said:

> Im having same think dont know what to do anymore he dowload till 50% witouth problems then went all crazy to 7mb to 0kb witouth stop the files dont show going down like was showing when downloading till 50%

> Also the % now stoped show its always 0% i never had this trouble on client in some years ago seems is all messed up now :'(

same exact issue i'm having and none of the fixes i've read work.