Mouse for raiding

> @"Bast Bow.2958" said:

> Hello.

>

> I was wondering, would a MMORPG-mouse help to get your skill rotation better/faster for a DPS increase? Any experiences?

>

> Thank you

Not really, im sitting at 800+ LI with my crappy $10 mouse. Good keyboard is where it's at. You are supposed to activate skills by keyboard, not clicking them. If you want to have easier time at doing proper rotations, get a good keyboard instead. Fast keyboard without mushy keys will help you more, the only time you use mouse is to rotate camera and point where targeted aoe will go.

> @Cynn.1659 said:

> > @"Bast Bow.2958" said:

> > Hello.

> >

> > I was wondering, would a MMORPG-mouse help to get your skill rotation better/faster for a DPS increase? Any experiences?

> >

> > Thank you

>

> Not really, im sitting at 800+ LI with my crappy $10 mouse. Good keyboard is where it's at. You are supposed to activate skills by keyboard, not clicking them. If you want to have easier time at doing proper rotations, get a good keyboard instead. Fast keyboard without mushy keys will help you more, the only time you use mouse is to rotate camera and point where targeted aoe will go.

>

Well, a player could also use a mouse like Logetic G600 with many buttons on the side and bind skills to them. That's what I do and I think that was what the OP was referring to. In my case having most of my skills bound to mouse keys by my thumb helped a lot, but I don't raid. I suppose it depends on personal preference but a gaming mouse can be helpful to those that prefer them. One bit of advice if the OP is considering a gaming mouse, check them out in person before buying because having it fit your hand well is important in my opinion.

I strongly agree with trying out the mouse before you buy.

I personally don't like grid style thumb buttons because they always feel too close together and lack differentiation (e.g. Razer Naga, Logitech G600).

Mine's got an asymmetric button layout, Corsair M90 (Other examples Razer Naga Hex, Steelseri es Rival 500). The main disadvantage with these is the muscle memory takes longer to develop.

Or get a Roccat Nyth and have the option of customising your layout.

I've been trying to find the right mouse that would allow me to find the right setup, not just for GW2 though. I had a Naga and couldn't find myself to work the buttons well. Considering for the first 10 years it was all a 3-button mouse for a companion, I've been wanting to find a mouse with a not-so-complex thumb setup. I'm currently at a Logitech G502 and it provides me with DPI and two easy thumb buttons. The rest I can command with keyboard shifting (SHIFT+key, CTRL+key, ALT+key) to access other but less-demanding things (such as LFG panel, mounts, etc.) Some games I play don't really allow that, though.

It boils down to the desire to train your thumb. I'm not a clawgripper, and that's basically from years of not using that kind of grip. If I can get a palm-gripper (or whatever kind of grip that is) with easy nearby thumb buttons, it'd be a gift. But I've been batting zero.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

> @JustTrogdor.7892 said:

> > @Cynn.1659 said:

> > > @"Bast Bow.2958" said:

> > > Hello.

> > >

> > > I was wondering, would a MMORPG-mouse help to get your skill rotation better/faster for a DPS increase? Any experiences?

> > >

> > > Thank you

> >

> > Not really, im sitting at 800+ LI with my crappy $10 mouse. Good keyboard is where it's at. You are supposed to activate skills by keyboard, not clicking them. If you want to have easier time at doing proper rotations, get a good keyboard instead. Fast keyboard without mushy keys will help you more, the only time you use mouse is to rotate camera and point where targeted aoe will go.

> >

>

> Well, a player could also use a mouse like Logetic G600 with many buttons on the side and bind skills to them. That's what I do and I think that was what the OP was referring to. In my case having most of my skills bound to mouse keys by my thumb helped a lot, but I don't raid. I suppose it depends on personal preference but a gaming mouse can be helpful to those that prefer them. One bit of advice if the OP is considering a gaming mouse, check them out in person before buying because having it fit your hand well is important in my opinion.

Indeed that's what I was referring to. I'll be clearer next time.

Currently I have 6 buttons binded, which is enough in some builds, but not enough for me for most builds I play. I can't have everything binded to my mouse, which is what I would like. I got my healing-skill , F1, F2, elite skill and weapon swap binded. I would like to bind my utilities and more F-skills too. I suppose some, or many people have their utilites on Q, E, T or left TAB, Q, E or something?

Also, I'll take in account to try out the mouses before I buy them, thanks for the tips.

> @altermaven.7385 said:

> I've been trying to find the right mouse that would allow me to find the right setup, not just for GW2 though. I had a Naga and couldn't find myself to work the buttons well. Considering for the first 10 years it was all a 3-button mouse for a companion, I've been wanting to find a mouse with a not-so-complex thumb setup. I'm currently at a Logitech G502 and it provides me with DPI and two easy thumb buttons. The rest I can command with keyboard shifting (SHIFT+key, CTRL+key, ALT+key) to access other but less-demanding things (such as LFG panel, mounts, etc.) Some games I play don't really allow that, though.

>

> It boils down to the desire to train your thumb. I'm not a clawgripper, and that's basically from years of not using that kind of grip. If I can get a palm-gripper (or whatever kind of grip that is) with easy nearby thumb buttons, it'd be a gift. But I've been batting zero.

>

> Any suggestions would be welcome.

I'm making a new post or poll for what MMO-mouse people use, watched some videos and read about them, still can't make a choice. I'll post in the other sub-forum about raiding.

I personally use Razer Naga.. never looked back, quicker access to more skills... In tandem with my Logitech G13 all my fingers are able to press buttons while I control movement with my thumb is amazing... With that being said some clever keybinding can also greatly improve DPS rotation.

> @sokeenoppa.5384 said:

> Have you tried to bind all skills on keyboard. You can use those close buttons (e,r,q,12345, etc and then put different skills in shift+insert Button here) control+(insert Button here)

Yes I tried. Somehow I can’t make it work for me. Thanks for the tip though, I’m certain it works for many others.

Thanks others too

Take a naga and you will see how to use keyboard only for movement.

I m using mine almost in full potential with alt key for using f1-f5 abilities, and i even have dodge at left wheel side click and weapon swap at right wheel side click.

I prefer not to play if i don't have my naga...

More than worth it i can say....

I purchased a G600 for GW2 when the game launched and overall was very satisfied with it for GW2. Eventually I ended up replacing it because it felt cumbersome in other games and the sensor isn't that great (doesn't really matter in GW2, but can be annoying in twitchier FPS/MOBA style games). Currently I switch between using a G602 and a G300s depending on my mood.

The G602 has 6 side buttons instead of the 12 found on the G600, but this makes it easier to grip without accidental button presses. It also has 2 extra DPI shift buttons on the top, but these can be rebound as needed. It is wireless if that matters to you, and uses either 1 or 2 AA batteries depending on user preference. It uses an optical sensor without acceleration or prediction.

The G300s has no side buttons, but instead has 6 buttons split into groups of 2 placed on the top of the mouse. It is wired and also has an optical sensor with no acceleration/prediction.

I generally activate weapon and Fkey skills with the keyboard and use the mouse for healing/utility/ultimate skills.