I really enjoyed power Scourge, here's what I got

Dirame.8521

EDIT: Forgot to add my thoughts, power Scourge is fun and very high skill ceiling build. Here's what I finally ended up with: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSAFc8FaYZGsP2BjjZin1k3rC-z5gfEZqCU5A

It has been an absolute blast to play. Facetanking Reapers, Weavers, Thieves when they don't surprise me, Still learning how to fight warriors but they are beatable, Holosmiths, you name it, it has been fun beating and being beaten. I've tried several variations on the theme but the best one with the good balance of damage and survivability has always been the one I linked. It also works well with sanctuary runes which makes your barrier generation quite nice in team fights but the quickness on casting Wells can really come in handy especially when you are try to throw things down quick seeing as everyone targets the guy without desthshroud. You can run Spite and Death Magic which is medium but really powerful because you can maintain Carapace stacks when hitting low targets, you can run Spite and Soul Reaping which is the "I don't care if I die" spec which just wrecks face when you combo dread into a Axe #2 but yea, play around with it. I never got the full hang of it myself but it was good while it lasted. This is my last build forever guys so I'm glad I had fun. Hope you enjoy it if you decide to try it.

That build is bad and the only thing you are "facetanking" with it are noobs.

On that build I give you 5 seconds against me on reaper, then it's over for you. A thief will bait your aoes and then just nuke you.

It's not even necessary to dodge your axe2, because you hit like a wet noodle. Not a single offensive trait in your build - well except that scourge gm trait, but too bad it' s a condi trait and you run a power amulet.

I'd tend to agree with KrHome here, I'd say that your choice of GM trait in the scourge's traitline is puzzling. If I were you I'd go with _sand savant_ instead of _demonic lore_, as it is the shades skills that you use like shouts aren't doing much except granting you alone their effects. You'd be more threatening and have a more reliable sustain with wider shade skills.

I have a bit more time now and will try to be more constructive:

- Demonc Lore is wasted. Sand Savant is superior. Dadnir is right.

- Why the wells? Well of Suffering is avoided by everyone outside of bronze division. Regarding the healing well: Sand Flare + Transfusion adds way better sustain and support to you and your team. You do even pick the punishment reduction trait. Then use the punishment heal too! it's a no brainer.

- You are a no-threat in terms of damage. It's hard to believe that you can kill anything on that build - no matter how well you play! It's nothing personal regarding your skill but regarding the skill of your encounters. And that build will fail hard once you encounter someone who knows what he is doing.

- How do you plan to build 25+ carapace to benefit from the gm trait? You can not spam shade skills as you run out of life force quickly. The rest of your set isn't capable to inflict bursts of conditions. This gm trait seems wasted (and so does the whole dm traitline). Of course if your target stands in your cloud, well and elite skill, then your carapace goes throught the roof, but like I said: who does this outside of bronze?

TL;DR:

Your build has some synergies that I won't deny, but these have a huge problem: they do only work if your encounter is extremely bad at the game and does not dodge anything. So this is not a build I would recommend as viable. In matchups where it works, you might as well play a pve build and be successful.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> I'd tend to agree with KrHome here, I'd say that your choice of GM trait in the scourge's traitline is puzzling. If I were you I'd go with _sand savant_ instead of _demonic lore_, as it is the shades skills that you use like shouts aren't doing much except granting you alone their effects. You'd be more threatening and have a more reliable sustain with wider shade skills.

You are right about that. If you take a look at the first video, I was actually using that there. I just was testing out demonic lore and gave you guys the build as I last had it. I have edited it now though.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> I have a bit more time now and will try to be more constructive:

>

> - Demonc Lore is wasted. Sand Savant is superior. Dadnir is right.

> - Why the wells? Well of Suffering is avoided by everyone outside of bronze division. Regarding the healing well: Sand Flare + Transfusion adds way better sustain and support to you and your team. You do even pick the punishment reduction trait. Then use the punishment heal too! it's a no brainer.

> - You are a no-threat in terms of damage. It's hard to believe that you can kill anything on that build - no matter how well you play! It's nothing personal regarding your skill but regarding the skill of your encounters. And that build will fail hard once you encounter someone who knows what he is doing.

> - How do you plan to build 25+ carapace to benefit from the gm trait? You can not spam shade skills as you run out of life force quickly. The rest of your set isn't capable to inflict bursts of conditions. This gm trait seems wasted (and so does the whole dm traitline). Of course if your target stands in your cloud, well and elite skill, then your carapace goes throught the roof, but like I said: who does this outside of bronze?

>

> TL;DR:

> Your build has some synergies that I won't deny, but these have a huge problem: they do only work if your encounter is extremely bad at the game and does not dodge anything. So this is not a build I would recommend as viable. In matchups where it works, you might as well play a pve build and be successful.

It is very easy to say “you are no threat” based on paper. Reality is, in the match it is a different story. Being hard to bring down is very important, A bit of Cc can make me a spicy noodle though. But apart from that, this build is far from wet noodle territory. You would have to try it yourself to see it.

If you think you can best me with your reaper, great. But don’t be too surprised if I force you to give me 25 stacks of carapace hehehe.

To answer your question about who would stand in the Wells. You are asking the wrong question. The question should be; how do I make them stand in it long enough for it to do damage? And the answer is; smart plays. I got all the tools. Immob, knockdowns, fear, daze, pull if I run spectral grasp. And there’s is always cleaving a downed body. Also one thing you should know bout pvp is; when people think they are going to win, they would rush into anything, and that’s where I shine. You think it’s easy to face tank weavers whilst dropping them to low health before they know it?

Also Sand flare vs Well of blood is the difference between borrowing from a bank and having your own money. Having your own money is safer and more reliable. Also well of blood works wonders with sanctuary runes.

TBH, I feel like I have only scratched the surface of the potential of this build and I would have to play it more to really get a hang of it fully. It is harder to play than reaper (I could play reaper in my sleep if I played it like everyone else). This build just requires more brain power than the usual 123 burst of reaper which is all packed in their spin to win.