EB always a long queue

Dreddo.9865

Seems like it is the preferred map for most, either new or older players. I think the reason is obvious people prefer fast encounters rather than running along distances. Right now there are 88 people queued for EB while 0 for desert. I myself belong to that trend but the situation with EB seems difficult to solve.

Before someone suggests to go to some other borderland it's what most people do but admittedly it is not the same fighting excitement as EB. What do you believe?

In terms of a WvWvW map EB is still the best. 3 sides, fairly equal, central objective to focus battles. Simple and effective. That's why it's popular.

This isnt a "problem" nor is it anything that Anet can solve without changing things quite a bit. Personally I still believe they have dug themselves a hole they cant get out of by using the EB+border design - if we only had EB designs across WvW (ie everything being proper 3-way maps of various designs) we would have had a much, much more flexible WvW that could even change the available maps based on current active population (WvW at capacity with lots of queues? Just open up another map, select one randomly out of 3 different visual designs. Night time? Close everything except 1 map and freeze PPT on closed maps so that ticks dont steamroll)

Balanced map for 3 teams.

Faster to reach objectives.

Faster to find action.

A lot of good areas to do your fighting and not have to drag your zerg around for better positioning like dbl with obstructions littering the ground.

SMC in the center that constantly attracts fights from all sides.

You can find something to do whether it's solo roaming, havoc camps, zerg, blobbing, seiging as there are many places to siege and counter siege.

When the population gets low players will flock to the one map you can get action in a decent amount of time. In the future they should think about going into more EBG type maps and get rid of the borderland concept, there isn't enough players on all the time to fill 3 borderland and 1 ebg anyways other than basically reset night.

> @Choppy.4183 said:

> Honestly seems like a non-issue to me. People can still play wvw, doing whatever they want (pvd, zerg, roam, whatever) while waiting to enter their preferred map (ebg).

Agreed. Personally I've never seen the appeal of EBG, it's always felt like the ktrain map to me. I guess I am weird.

Thats because no one wants to play on Desert BL. Its either not even being attacked by the enemy because they dont like running for hours, or people dont defend it because of the same reason. We just defend when theres an EWP comming up, otherwise T3 air keep: meh, lost who cares its DBL.

EB is more of a fighting map than PPT (depending on the cmds you have, some use it for PPT only and run from fights 24/7). Just check which server your on and on what they do focus. Theres sadly not even a handful of fighting servers.

> @CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:

> Deso always end up with pugs afking there, waiting for a tag, it's a bit like EoTM these days and then a Guild still tries to raid on there during prime time, even when the borders are empty..

It's not different for Far Shiverpeaks where I belong. I was thinking there should be some kind of 'motivation' (rewards? WvW level requirement?) that would take those people towards EotM or even some other bl. Still the organized gvg fights in borderlands are truly awesome so maybe let the pugs be in EB. ^^

> @Dawdler.8521 said:

> In terms of a WvWvW map EB is still the best. 3 sides, fairly equal, central objective to focus battles. Simple and effective. That's why it's popular.

>

> This isnt a "problem" nor is it anything that Anet can solve without changing things quite a bit. Personally I still believe they have dug themselves a hole they cant get out of by using the EB+border design - if we only had EB designs across WvW (ie everything being proper 3-way maps of various designs) we would have had a much, much more flexible WvW that could even change the available maps based on current active population (WvW at capacity with lots of queues? Just open up another map, select one randomly out of 3 different visual designs. Night time? Close everything except 1 map and freeze PPT on closed maps so that ticks dont steamroll)

What he said.