Gear after patch

Malsheem.1794

Greetings Necros

So, ive had a Viper-scourge in ages and the damage is solid, but i often feel im too squishy. As such, im considering changing it to Trailblazer. It´s mainly for pve, openworld and fractals, but it also gives me better possibilities to "play along" in WvW. Never played raids and probably never will so the toughness thing wont be an issue.

Its quite expensive to swap stats to Trailblazer (aprox 25g per item) so i wanted to hear if people still think it would be worth after incoming patch ?

You could get some cheap exotic dire gear and test it to get a semi accurate preview for trailblazer. The damage is extremely low and potentially frustrating in pve. I would not do that and instead save for a second gear set with more defensive stats. You could also just change the trinkets (living story or wvw currency) to trailblazer and keep the rest viper. That's maybe already enough defense for you.

For wvw you are absolutely right. Viper is 100% not viable there.

> @"Malsheem.1794" said:

> Dont know why, but somehow i thought Trailblazer had precision instead of vitality - RIP. In that case, hell no. I`ll stick to my Viper and hope my Plague Doctor set is usable in wvw when the times comes. Oh well, saved me 150g :)

>

> Thx for the advice

>

I’ll continue to use my plaguedoctor and marshal stuff on renegade at least, I do think itnwill be that bad.

If you are willing to abandon your power damage, Rabid is a decent option for tagging along in WvW. It will give you a bit more condi damage in exchange for losing condi duration, which is advantageous when your opponents are stacked with condi clears. If you want to double down on your defense Rune of the Undead allows you to convert some of the extra toughness into more damage.

Also rabid gear is decently cheap, Exotic insignia's are going for 30-40s each at the moment.

TLDR:

Gear stats: Rabid

Rune: Rune of the Undead

I havent actually used my plague doctor set yet, but as you have very poor condi-duration and all your attacks hits like a wet noodle because the lack of power, im guess yes. There should be a fairly large dps difference. However, in fights where stuff die quick, it probably wont change much.

> @"Redpawa.4108" said:

> Gear stats: Rabid

> Rune: Rune of the Undead

Ngl, i´ll was planing on trying this in spvp on my scourge. With barely any access to condition duration, i might awell make sure the few that sticks hit hard and the high toughness comes in handy as i`ll get focused.

In WvW for my condition build in small scale/roaming I use Dire armor + Undead runes. Weapons and all Trinkets ( Amulet, Rings, Accessories, Backpack ) are Trailblazer. Dire gives a little extra Condition Damage + health and Undead runes benefit greatly from the armor granted by Trailblazer. I find this to be a nice happy medium between full Trailblazer and full Dire because the Undead runes balance out your loss of Condition Damage by going full Trailblazer over Dire and you get a little extra Armor to boot from the rune bonus.

This is the build. Change anything there to suit your preference, as it's shown is just how I prefer to play it and not necessarily the most optimal or "best". **Note:** A full condition build isn't very good for zergs though.