Which sigills/runes for condi renegade that I can buy on the trading post?

Sodeni.6041

Hey!

I just bought carrion gear for my renegade because I can't afford viper.

But I am really not sure about the sigills and runes I should get for my revenant.

I know trapper+nightmare are best but I can't get them yet. So what runes and sigills should I be using for now? Would appreciate help!

Grenth: increases chill, in PvE you can get chill from Unyielding Aguish, Frigid Blitz and Hydomancy runes, and you can trait Abyssal Chill to proc torment.

Krait: increases bleeding and procs bleeding, torment and poison when you use a elite skill. High cd (30s).

Balthazar: increases burns and you proc burn when you use a heal skill.

Tormenting: increases torment and procs torment when using a heal skill. Expensive, high cd (20s).

Traveler: condition damage + boon duration + 25% movement speed.

Torment would be your main source of damage, so the Runes of Tormentg would provide the most damage, but are expensive. The others are very cheap, so you can do some experimentation; I think that Krait would be subpar due benefist the most the short bow, which wouldn't be your main weapon, so I would chose between Grenth or Balthazar.

Oh, and by the way: don't hurry to get those 4Nightmare + 2Trapper runes.

Recently I got these for my condi Berserker (previously was using 6 Krait runes) and I went from +65% bleeding duration and + 53% burning duration to 45% bleeding and 78% burning (which seems less balanced). Now, I made that build for roaming and I didn't test how the change affected the damage output (mind that in PvP your target uses defenses, so a skill with a strong condition damage but readable animation can end missing lots of attacks whereas a more modest condition skill with more modest damage but easier to spam or with a very fast execution could end bringing down more damage). I'm sure that the specialized web pages devoted to min-maxing stats to PvE raids will tell you accuratelly which are the optimal runes for the current state of the game, but sometimes you end putting effort getting specialized gear which barely matters ( or underperforms at some circumstances), and whivch oftenly ends replaced at the first couple of patchs. To certain degree I regret getting those ones.

So, if you don't do dungeons (or the PvP/WvW tracks for those dungeons) and those Nightmare runes are a problem for you don't be mad: probably the difference won't be dramatic.

No one mentioned Undead Runes (add toughness and extra condition damage from toughness. Not much synergy with Carrion) or Scavenger Runes (lifesteal and extra condition damage from vitality. Better syngery with Carrion). They're both very cheap TP runes that may end up being better than other options. It all depends on how exactly you focus your condition application and where you get duration.

> @Kitsana.8934 said:

> Don't forget Mad King runes.

I mentioned them and keep coming back expecting someone to respond to my post asking "Do the ravens work with Soulcleave?!?" and me going "Yes, they certainly freaking do! :sunglasses: "

It gives Soulcleave the feeling of being a double layered elite, adding a 45s cooldown for burst dps+heal DoT

I'm guessing people are turned off by the +power stat on the runes. I play a hybrid renegade so +power and +bleed duration work great.

> @Josh.4016 said:

> No one uses renegade runes?

With respect to the OP's situation, Renegade Runes aren't ideal because OP already lacks Condition Duration by using Dire.

Based on my run through T4s last night, Condi Renegade's damage primarily consists of Torment and Burning (approximately 60-70%). Considering how pricey Rune of Tormenting is, Balthazar Runes are a nice alternative for the time being.