Weapon CDs and Empty Vessel

TheComedian.3740

I rarely post on forums or comment on game play changes, but I think some of the recent adjustsments to the Revenant class should be reverted or at least be reconsidered.

It is the only class that I play and, more to the point, I refer exclusively to the changes made to WvW.

First off, the general DPS reduction is totally fine by me. No problems there.

However, weapon gameplay (especially the Hammer) has become super stale right now and that's due to the changes made to weapon cooldowns.

With most of my Hammer attacks having cooldowns of 10+ seconds, I have no choice but to spam my auto-attack, which, quite frankly, is extremly boring.

Range-oriented gameplay is extremly important in WvW and the hammer is the only viable choice that I have.

My suggestions:

- reduce the CD of "Coalescence of Ruin" significantly and reduce the damage coefficient accordingly

- keep or increase the CD on "Phase Smash" but increase its damage coefficient slightly so that we can use it as spike damage

- rework "Field of the Mists" (Hammer 4) as it provides no real benefits and feels somewhat useless

Also, Hammer 2 is still buggy and it's about time that these problems are being addressed.

My biggest complaint, however, lies with the removal of "Empty Vessel". That change should be reverted as some of my stun breaks are extremly energy-intensive (Dwarf elite, Riposting Shadows) and therefore not always accessible when I need them. Fury generation is a non-issue for revenants due to skills and traits like "Riposting Shadows", "Invoker's Rage" or "Facet of Darkness" which makes the addition of "Contained Temper" completely pointless.

My suggestion would be to revert those changes and add a cooldown to "Empty Vessel" so that it doesn't provide a stun break every 10 seconds.

That's about all I have to say right now. Thanks.

I can't speak too much about it, since when I logged in last night after work, I went on my Burn DH and not my Hammer Rev (that alone speaks volumes - 876 hrs on Revenant, about 850 of them spent in WvW), but later in the evening I did go back using Rev and it just felt terrible.

Hammer 5 hit a camp guard for 50 damage, and while being totally kek worthy it was also expected, but it just highlights the problems with the weapon now, as only 3 of the attacks do any damage, and 2 of them now have high cooldowns. I was ok with Phase Smash having a reasonable cooldown, as you're supposed to save it for maximum coordinate effect, but CoR was our bread and butter. Yeah, it hit hard - so address that by all means - but nearly tripling the cooldown means we have to resort to auto-attacks for most of our DPS uptime, and if I wanted to play a LB Ranger, I would..

And as Elric said above, it's not like Staff is all that great, especially now with the wind up to Surge of the Mists. If the meta did turn into more melee ball, would be better to swap to sword/sword or sword/axe for close combat.

So right now we camp Hammer and spam auto-attack. Not an improvement to the 'gameplay' imo.

I understand the love to certain gameplay style (hammer builds, power Shiro...) that lost tons of effectiveness, but since ANet isn't prone to backpedaling I'll encourage you to try condi Renegade with Jalis + Mallyx and shortbow (which currently is way stronger than hammer), based on Cevni's build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAkeVlhQHsIgJBMIgBSfMBKgD/S7rC-zVRYcRHpjMCuiLlcCxMDkcrqiTAvPAh73C9faA-w

> @"TheComedian.3740" said:

> I rarely post on forums or comment on game play changes, but I think some of the recent adjustsments to the Revenant class should be reverted or at least be reconsidered.

> It is the only class that I play and, more to the point, I refer exclusively to the changes made to WvW.

>

> First off, the general DPS reduction is totally fine by me. No problems there.

>

> However, weapon gameplay (especially the Hammer) has become super stale right now and that's due to the changes made to weapon cooldowns.

> With most of my Hammer attacks having cooldowns of 10+ seconds, I have no choice but to spam my auto-attack, which, quite frankly, is extremly boring.

> Range-oriented gameplay is extremly important in WvW and the hammer is the only viable choice that I have.

> My suggestions:

> - reduce the CD of "Coalescence of Ruin" significantly and reduce the damage coefficient accordingly

> - keep or increase the CD on "Phase Smash" but increase its damage coefficient slightly so that we can use it as spike damage

> - rework "Field of the Mists" (Hammer 4) as it provides no real benefits and feels somewhat useless

>

> Also, Hammer 2 is still buggy and it's about time that these problems are being addressed.

>

> My biggest complaint, however, lies with the removal of "Empty Vessel". That change should be reverted as some of my stun breaks are extremly energy-intensive (Dwarf elite, Riposting Shadows) and therefore not always accessible when I need them. Fury generation is a non-issue for revenants due to skills and traits like "Riposting Shadows", "Invoker's Rage" or "Facet of Darkness" which makes the addition of "Contained Temper" completely pointless.

> My suggestion would be to revert those changes and add a cooldown to "Empty Vessel" so that it doesn't provide a stun break every 10 seconds.

>

> That's about all I have to say right now. Thanks.

>

The hammer autoattack is the reason why i dont play hammer. Its weak, slow, ...simply terrible

and sound effects is making my ears bleed (at least it did for the first 500hours)

+1 for the "stunbreak with cooldown" from old empty vessel

Yes, donť see a situation where we can use hammer efficiently. Long CD low dmg and sometimes doesnt work at all. There will be maybe some rework.

It will be much healthier for both sides. Wielders and opponents.

Close range, mid range long range, condi power doesnt matter, just not this.

We have title of class with 2 worst weapon in slot (Worst shield and now even hammer)