> > > > > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > > > @Verenhimo.3296 said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @Rennie.6750 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Kundry.1249 said:

> > > > > > > > > > Even in WoW, where DPS meters are the norm and everyone has it, they are made by third parties (as are the boss mods, which are also mandatory for raiding). There's no need for Anet to make their own.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > ArenaNet is all about being not-Blizzard. This is the very promise of this company and the game itself. Guild Wars 2 original manifest was about creating new, better standards for mmo genre.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If that's true then they failed. They gave in and added raids when reworked dungeons/5 man content could have filled that role perfectly. Then dps meters. Who know what's the next silly feature coming from wow? item level? world first leaderboards? Garrisons? Farming to keep your gear fed?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And how are raids literally just not bigger group content? there is a desire for big group content too do with more than 5 of your friends, if you can honestly list any way raids are different to CM fractals or shattered/nightmare outside of scope & player count, I'd happily concede on this point.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ins't scope the whole problem with raids to start with. But, to answer your question, last I looked, which was quite a while ago, raids, unlike fractals, had roles that needed to be filled, like Condi, Power, Tank, Healer, and things like Knockback abilities, etc, as a mandatory to complete the encounter, where fractals., again, last I looked.. do not have such needed roles to be filled.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I could be wrong, as it's been a while, but I don't think I read anywhere where they removed the special roles from raids, or added them to fractals.

> > > > >

> > > > > In all honesty, I wouldn't go with a random comp on fractal CMs. Sure, technically you *can* do it successfully, but it will be such a struggle that I'd rather not. And technically you can do that in raids to, much to the same outcome. Furthermore, since I went down that path, I don't really want to play normal T4 fractals with a random comp either. It just makes things messy and slower for no reason. I had my fair share of running around, rezzing downed allies and eventually killing stuff. Now I prefer cleaner, smoother experience where everyone knows their role in the fight, does it decently and we kill the boss in no time.

> > > >

> > > > What does what you are saying, have anything to do with what I said?

> > >

> > > You claimed there are no roles in fractals. Wrong, there are.

> >

> > I have never had a fractal party have wait for a healer to join, maybe that is just a thing you and yours do, I guess. But. never seen it.

>

> You might have not seen it, it doesn't make it not exist. Just check the lfg. There are always parties asking for specific classes and builds.

you mean for the only 3 relevant supports - cps, chrono and druid but I have yet to see asking specifically for healing build

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would much rather have an official, in-game DPS meter before a new raid wing. I also think that making said DPS meter should be the responsibility of the raid-development team. And on that note, I would like to add that tying the DPS meter to an online leaderboard that highlights what boss, what class and what traits were used could be a good way to show how different professions and builds perform on different bosses.

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > > > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > > > > @Verenhimo.3296 said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @Rennie.6750 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @Kundry.1249 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Even in WoW, where DPS meters are the norm and everyone has it, they are made by third parties (as are the boss mods, which are also mandatory for raiding). There's no need for Anet to make their own.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > ArenaNet is all about being not-Blizzard. This is the very promise of this company and the game itself. Guild Wars 2 original manifest was about creating new, better standards for mmo genre.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If that's true then they failed. They gave in and added raids when reworked dungeons/5 man content could have filled that role perfectly. Then dps meters. Who know what's the next silly feature coming from wow? item level? world first leaderboards? Garrisons? Farming to keep your gear fed?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And how are raids literally just not bigger group content? there is a desire for big group content too do with more than 5 of your friends, if you can honestly list any way raids are different to CM fractals or shattered/nightmare outside of scope & player count, I'd happily concede on this point.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ins't scope the whole problem with raids to start with. But, to answer your question, last I looked, which was quite a while ago, raids, unlike fractals, had roles that needed to be filled, like Condi, Power, Tank, Healer, and things like Knockback abilities, etc, as a mandatory to complete the encounter, where fractals., again, last I looked.. do not have such needed roles to be filled.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I could be wrong, as it's been a while, but I don't think I read anywhere where they removed the special roles from raids, or added them to fractals.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In all honesty, I wouldn't go with a random comp on fractal CMs. Sure, technically you *can* do it successfully, but it will be such a struggle that I'd rather not. And technically you can do that in raids to, much to the same outcome. Furthermore, since I went down that path, I don't really want to play normal T4 fractals with a random comp either. It just makes things messy and slower for no reason. I had my fair share of running around, rezzing downed allies and eventually killing stuff. Now I prefer cleaner, smoother experience where everyone knows their role in the fight, does it decently and we kill the boss in no time.

> > > > >

> > > > > What does what you are saying, have anything to do with what I said?

> > > >

> > > > You claimed there are no roles in fractals. Wrong, there are.

> > >

> > > I have never had a fractal party have wait for a healer to join, maybe that is just a thing you and yours do, I guess. But. never seen it.

> >

> > You might have not seen it, it doesn't make it not exist. Just check the lfg. There are always parties asking for specific classes and builds.

>

> you mean for the only 3 relevant supports - cps, chrono and druid but I have yet to see asking specifically for healing build

They're asking for a druid, that's a healing build.

> @"Ildrid Ildhjertet.2489" said:

> I would much rather have an official, in-game DPS meter before a new raid wing. I also think that making said DPS meter should be the responsibility of the raid-development team. And on that note, I would like to add that tying the DPS meter to an online leaderboard that highlights what boss, what class and what traits were used could be a good way to show how different professions and builds perform on different bosses.

I'd rather see a new raid wing. Arc is already doing a fine job.

> I would much rather have an official, in-game DPS meter before a new raid wing. I also think that making said DPS meter should be the responsibility of the raid-development team. And on that note, I would like to add that tying the DPS meter to an online leaderboard that highlights what boss, what class and what traits were used could be a good way to show how different professions and builds perform on different bosses.

We already have that in GW2Raidar + ArcDPS

> @Feanor.2358 said:

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > > > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > > > > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Verenhimo.3296 said:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > @Rennie.6750 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @Kundry.1249 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Even in WoW, where DPS meters are the norm and everyone has it, they are made by third parties (as are the boss mods, which are also mandatory for raiding). There's no need for Anet to make their own.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > ArenaNet is all about being not-Blizzard. This is the very promise of this company and the game itself. Guild Wars 2 original manifest was about creating new, better standards for mmo genre.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > If that's true then they failed. They gave in and added raids when reworked dungeons/5 man content could have filled that role perfectly. Then dps meters. Who know what's the next silly feature coming from wow? item level? world first leaderboards? Garrisons? Farming to keep your gear fed?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > And how are raids literally just not bigger group content? there is a desire for big group content too do with more than 5 of your friends, if you can honestly list any way raids are different to CM fractals or shattered/nightmare outside of scope & player count, I'd happily concede on this point.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Ins't scope the whole problem with raids to start with. But, to answer your question, last I looked, which was quite a while ago, raids, unlike fractals, had roles that needed to be filled, like Condi, Power, Tank, Healer, and things like Knockback abilities, etc, as a mandatory to complete the encounter, where fractals., again, last I looked.. do not have such needed roles to be filled.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I could be wrong, as it's been a while, but I don't think I read anywhere where they removed the special roles from raids, or added them to fractals.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > In all honesty, I wouldn't go with a random comp on fractal CMs. Sure, technically you *can* do it successfully, but it will be such a struggle that I'd rather not. And technically you can do that in raids to, much to the same outcome. Furthermore, since I went down that path, I don't really want to play normal T4 fractals with a random comp either. It just makes things messy and slower for no reason. I had my fair share of running around, rezzing downed allies and eventually killing stuff. Now I prefer cleaner, smoother experience where everyone knows their role in the fight, does it decently and we kill the boss in no time.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What does what you are saying, have anything to do with what I said?

> > > > >

> > > > > You claimed there are no roles in fractals. Wrong, there are.

> > > >

> > > > I have never had a fractal party have wait for a healer to join, maybe that is just a thing you and yours do, I guess. But. never seen it.

> > >

> > > You might have not seen it, it doesn't make it not exist. Just check the lfg. There are always parties asking for specific classes and builds.

> >

> > you mean for the only 3 relevant supports - cps, chrono and druid but I have yet to see asking specifically for healing build

>

> They're asking for a druid, that's a healing build.

Especially in vipers. Druid can heal but it's not why people take it into parties. Just like DH can use F2 to heal and still isn't taken as healer into parties.

> @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > @"Ildrid Ildhjertet.2489" said:

> > I would much rather have an official, in-game DPS meter before a new raid wing. I also think that making said DPS meter should be the responsibility of the raid-development team. And on that note, I would like to add that tying the DPS meter to an online leaderboard that highlights what boss, what class and what traits were used could be a good way to show how different professions and builds perform on different bosses.

>

> We already have that in GW2Raidar + ArcDPS

With 0 support and responsibility on ArenaNet's side.

> > @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > > @"Ildrid Ildhjertet.2489" said:

> >>Snip

> > We already have that in GW2Raidar + ArcDPS

>

> Not official, not in-game.

That's why it's there. If it was official we would've never got it. Because some people are working on all those features, without wasting developer resources.

It's the same reason why we do not need an official version of gw2efficiency to track our characters, inventories and so on. The game has an excellent API that allows programmers to interact with the game, it exists for a reason.

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > @"Ildrid Ildhjertet.2489" said:

> > > I would much rather have an official, in-game DPS meter before a new raid wing. I also think that making said DPS meter should be the responsibility of the raid-development team. And on that note, I would like to add that tying the DPS meter to an online leaderboard that highlights what boss, what class and what traits were used could be a good way to show how different professions and builds perform on different bosses.

> >

> > We already have that in GW2Raidar + ArcDPS

>

> With 0 support and responsibility on ArenaNet's side.

That's actually the best part of it.

> @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > > > @"Ildrid Ildhjertet.2489" said:

> > > > I would much rather have an official, in-game DPS meter before a new raid wing. I also think that making said DPS meter should be the responsibility of the raid-development team. And on that note, I would like to add that tying the DPS meter to an online leaderboard that highlights what boss, what class and what traits were used could be a good way to show how different professions and builds perform on different bosses.

> > >

> > > We already have that in GW2Raidar + ArcDPS

> >

> > With 0 support and responsibility on ArenaNet's side.

>

> That's actually the best part of it.

That's the biggest issue with it. We are running in circles now, it's clear you are not going to change your mind. Thank you for sharing your subjective opinion anyway.

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> That's the biggest issue with it. We are running in circles now, it's clear you are not going to change your mind. Thank you for sharing your subjective opinion anyway.

Well you are the one who mentioned it although I already said much earlier it was a good thing, and provided lots of reasons why. Saying again what I already provided reasons against is like running in circles.

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > > > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > > > > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > > > > > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Verenhimo.3296 said:

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > @Rennie.6750 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @Kundry.1249 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Even in WoW, where DPS meters are the norm and everyone has it, they are made by third parties (as are the boss mods, which are also mandatory for raiding). There's no need for Anet to make their own.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > ArenaNet is all about being not-Blizzard. This is the very promise of this company and the game itself. Guild Wars 2 original manifest was about creating new, better standards for mmo genre.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > If that's true then they failed. They gave in and added raids when reworked dungeons/5 man content could have filled that role perfectly. Then dps meters. Who know what's the next silly feature coming from wow? item level? world first leaderboards? Garrisons? Farming to keep your gear fed?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > And how are raids literally just not bigger group content? there is a desire for big group content too do with more than 5 of your friends, if you can honestly list any way raids are different to CM fractals or shattered/nightmare outside of scope & player count, I'd happily concede on this point.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Ins't scope the whole problem with raids to start with. But, to answer your question, last I looked, which was quite a while ago, raids, unlike fractals, had roles that needed to be filled, like Condi, Power, Tank, Healer, and things like Knockback abilities, etc, as a mandatory to complete the encounter, where fractals., again, last I looked.. do not have such needed roles to be filled.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I could be wrong, as it's been a while, but I don't think I read anywhere where they removed the special roles from raids, or added them to fractals.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > In all honesty, I wouldn't go with a random comp on fractal CMs. Sure, technically you *can* do it successfully, but it will be such a struggle that I'd rather not. And technically you can do that in raids to, much to the same outcome. Furthermore, since I went down that path, I don't really want to play normal T4 fractals with a random comp either. It just makes things messy and slower for no reason. I had my fair share of running around, rezzing downed allies and eventually killing stuff. Now I prefer cleaner, smoother experience where everyone knows their role in the fight, does it decently and we kill the boss in no time.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What does what you are saying, have anything to do with what I said?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You claimed there are no roles in fractals. Wrong, there are.

> > > > >

> > > > > I have never had a fractal party have wait for a healer to join, maybe that is just a thing you and yours do, I guess. But. never seen it.

> > > >

> > > > You might have not seen it, it doesn't make it not exist. Just check the lfg. There are always parties asking for specific classes and builds.

> > >

> > > you mean for the only 3 relevant supports - cps, chrono and druid but I have yet to see asking specifically for healing build

> >

> > They're asking for a druid, that's a healing build.

>

> Especially in vipers. Druid can heal but it's not why people take it into parties. Just like DH can use F2 to heal and still isn't taken as healer into parties.

It's not *only* why people take druids. But healing is a part of it and it is druid's responsibility. Being in viper gear has nothing to do with it, druid simply can do the job with it. Druid is the healer of the party, like it or not.

> > That's actually the best part of it.

> No it's not.

> >! When the third-party developer gets a promotion at work (or something else) and don't have time to update these we're left with **nothing** but who cares.

Someone else can always take over like what happened with another dps meter. Or someone else will EXPAND it by making something else (like GW2Raidar for example) which is an amazing tool that uses ArcDPS. Or how the original code to read the memory wasn't created by the developer of ArcDPS, but it was used by him, and so on. It's called progress.

> @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > > That's actually the best part of it.

> > No it's not.

> > >! When the third-party developer gets a promotion at work (or something else) and don't have time to update these we're left with **nothing** but who cares.

>

> Someone else can always take over like what happened with another dps meter. Or someone else will EXPAND it by making something else (like GW2Raidar for example) which is an amazing tool that uses ArcDPS. Or how the original code to read the memory wasn't created by the developer of ArcDPS, but it was used by him, and so on. It's called progress.

Problem is ArenaNet doesn't give you any guarantee that at some point deltaconnected or any other 3rd party dev decides to scan and still our credit card numbers or take over our accounts. They also take no responsibility if this happens. This is why OP wants built in dps meter and takin Anet's stance and policy about dps meters you have no option to tell me this will never happen.

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> Problem is ArenaNet doesn't give you any guarantee that at some point deltaconnected or any other 3rd party dev decides to scan and still our credit card numbers or take over our accounts. They also take no responsibility if this happens. This is why OP wants built in dps meter and takin Anet's stance and policy about dps meters you have no option to tell me this will never happen.

Your credit card information is properly encrypted and reading the memory for it won't work. Same with your account password. There is no way for deltaconnected to acquire sensitive information using memory reading, not even Anet can read that information (that's how encryption works btw), that's why they cannot tell you your password, only reset it to something new.

And the developers are in contact with the developer of ArcDPS (and probably any other developer that wants to access the memory) so they know what is included in the next version and they can indeed scan for and ban software that does things that the developers do not want it to do (gear inspections).

Your fear is unreasonable.

> @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > Problem is ArenaNet doesn't give you any guarantee that at some point deltaconnected or any other 3rd party dev decides to scan and still our credit card numbers or take over our accounts. They also take no responsibility if this happens. This is why OP wants built in dps meter and takin Anet's stance and policy about dps meters you have no option to tell me this will never happen.

>

> Your credit card information is properly encrypted and reading the memory for it won't work. Same with your account password. There is no way for deltaconnected to acquire sensitive information using memory reading, not even Anet can read that information (that's how encryption works btw), that's why they cannot tell you your password, only reset it to something new.

>

> And the developers are in contact with the developer of ArcDPS (and probably any other developer that wants to access the memory) so they know what is included in the next version and they can indeed scan for and ban software that does things that the developers do not want it to do (gear inspections).

>

> Your fear is unreasonable.

One update is enough to change how this works and damage can be done before arenanet reacts. This tool is potential danger and nobody can guarantee this or future 3rd party tools are safe.

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > Problem is ArenaNet doesn't give you any guarantee that at some point deltaconnected or any other 3rd party dev decides to scan and still our credit card numbers or take over our accounts. They also take no responsibility if this happens. This is why OP wants built in dps meter and takin Anet's stance and policy about dps meters you have no option to tell me this will never happen.

> >

> > Your credit card information is properly encrypted and reading the memory for it won't work. Same with your account password. There is no way for deltaconnected to acquire sensitive information using memory reading, not even Anet can read that information (that's how encryption works btw), that's why they cannot tell you your password, only reset it to something new.

> >

> > And the developers are in contact with the developer of ArcDPS (and probably any other developer that wants to access the memory) so they know what is included in the next version and they can indeed scan for and ban software that does things that the developers do not want it to do (gear inspections).

> >

> > Your fear is unreasonable.

>

> One update is enough to change how this works and damage can be done before arenanet reacts. This tool is potential danger and nobody can guarantee this or future 3rd party tools are safe.

Just don't use it, plain and simple. If you don't want it, are scared of it, fear it, don't like the color or name just don't use it, period. Its not required to PLAY the game, simples. ;)

> @Joxer.6024 said:

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > Problem is ArenaNet doesn't give you any guarantee that at some point deltaconnected or any other 3rd party dev decides to scan and still our credit card numbers or take over our accounts. They also take no responsibility if this happens. This is why OP wants built in dps meter and takin Anet's stance and policy about dps meters you have no option to tell me this will never happen.

> > >

> > > Your credit card information is properly encrypted and reading the memory for it won't work. Same with your account password. There is no way for deltaconnected to acquire sensitive information using memory reading, not even Anet can read that information (that's how encryption works btw), that's why they cannot tell you your password, only reset it to something new.

> > >

> > > And the developers are in contact with the developer of ArcDPS (and probably any other developer that wants to access the memory) so they know what is included in the next version and they can indeed scan for and ban software that does things that the developers do not want it to do (gear inspections).

> > >

> > > Your fear is unreasonable.

> >

> > One update is enough to change how this works and damage can be done before arenanet reacts. This tool is potential danger and nobody can guarantee this or future 3rd party tools are safe.

>

> Just don't use it, plain and simple. If you don't want it, are scared of it, fear it, don't like the color or name just don't use it, period. Its not required to PLAY the game, simples. ;)

It actively monitors my account and I have no power to stop it if anyone else is using it. Anet policy is flawed, they take no responsibility and one of solutions for this clear security issue is creating built in dps meter and ban 3rd party tools hacking game client. There are also other options but they are not part of this thread.

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > @Joxer.6024 said:

> > > > @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > Problem is ArenaNet doesn't give you any guarantee that at some point deltaconnected or any other 3rd party dev decides to scan and still our credit card numbers or take over our accounts. They also take no responsibility if this happens. This is why OP wants built in dps meter and takin Anet's stance and policy about dps meters you have no option to tell me this will never happen.

> > > >

> > > > Your credit card information is properly encrypted and reading the memory for it won't work. Same with your account password. There is no way for deltaconnected to acquire sensitive information using memory reading, not even Anet can read that information (that's how encryption works btw), that's why they cannot tell you your password, only reset it to something new.

> > > >

> > > > And the developers are in contact with the developer of ArcDPS (and probably any other developer that wants to access the memory) so they know what is included in the next version and they can indeed scan for and ban software that does things that the developers do not want it to do (gear inspections).

> > > >

> > > > Your fear is unreasonable.

> > >

> > > One update is enough to change how this works and damage can be done before arenanet reacts. This tool is potential danger and nobody can guarantee this or future 3rd party tools are safe.

> >

> > Just don't use it, plain and simple. If you don't want it, are scared of it, fear it, don't like the color or name just don't use it, period. Its not required to PLAY the game, simples. ;)

>

> It actively monitors my account and I have no power to stop it if anyone else is using it. Anet policy is flawed, they take no responsibility and one of solutions for this clear security issue is creating built in dps meter and ban 3rd party tools hacking game client. There are also other options but they are not part of this thread.

Monitors your account? What proof do you have to back up that claim? That's some serious paranoia right there. It monitors your playing, not your "account" and pulls from data already there. But this has been explained so many times.....I'm done...go nuts guys.

(but I will add that if you can prove it then that's some serious violations and really doubt ANET is that ignorant to allow such behaviour......law suit anyone? :astonished:

> > @Joxer.6024 said:

> > Just don't use it, plain and simple. If you don't want it, are scared of it, fear it, don't like the color or name just don't use it, period. Its not required to PLAY the game, simples. ;)

>

> I still want an **official** dps meter though.

Why? If all the posts about "dps doesn't matter" and all that have any merit then there is no NEED for one to enhance or improve the game. Give us more info, sure. But name an MMO that has its own? WOW, ESO, SWTOR all use/used add ons. Just not a needed tool really.

Exactly, and, if they are going to make some raids little more then DPS challenges (Hence players using DPS meters o stat with) they should provide the meter themselves, it is not only a good QoL addition, it is the right thing to do.

> @Joxer.6024 said:

> > > @Joxer.6024 said:

> > > Just don't use it, plain and simple. If you don't want it, are scared of it, fear it, don't like the color or name just don't use it, period. Its not required to PLAY the game, simples. ;)

> >

> > I still want an **official** dps meter though.

>

> Why? If all the posts about "dps doesn't matter" and all that have any merit then there is no NEED for one to enhance or improve the game. Give us more info, sure. But name an MMO that has its own? WOW, ESO, SWTOR all use/used add ons. Just not a needed tool really.

Do you use a DPS meter?

> And on that note, I would like to add that tying the DPS meter to an online leaderboard that highlights what boss, what class and what traits were used could be a good way to show how different professions and builds perform on different bosses.

So basically you want developers to spend time on making a thing that will show just how terrible their balance is. I wonder why they have not added that feature yet.