What are your suggestions to improve Spellbreaker for PvE?

runeblade.7514

> @TheSlothArmada.6709 said:

> Hm I'm seeing an extremely low amount of suggestions despite this being a thread for suggestions. . .

That's because

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> It cannot be fixed simply by changing up Spellbreaker itself (except that base Power Warrior needs a buff).

>

> You need to do sweeping changes across all of PvE in order to make Spellbreaker viable: all mobs would need to start using Boons to the same degree that enemy players do, and interrupting mobs needs to be as impactful as it is against enemy players.

Might wise SP is in a good spot, but berserker never had a problem generating might. So SP need a buff into its all dagger coeficient in PvE only AND burst skill in PvE should always be a level 3 burst. This would make power SP have a shot agains power Berserker in PvE (berserker is clearly a cond spec so shouldnt be the best on power too ).

I like many of these suggestions TheSlothArmada posted.

I also really like the idea of spellbreaker being viable in pve as boss debuffer. With Megabane Tether pulsing some kind of armor weakening debuff (not weakness condition...) and Winds of Disenchantment elite changed to provide damage boost for 10 allies standing inside (like 10-20% - seriously, 90 CD and it lasts only for 10 sec, projectile destruction and boon removal is just not enough), buffed dagger (and greatsword) damage and improved strength/discipline traits, it could easily become even meta for raids (or at least raid viable).

There are plenty of ways how to make Spellbreaker good in PvE, it is just about if Anet wants or not :/

Offtopic: As for pvp, I wouldn't mind if they make full counter uncritable (but it must remain with daze and unblockable!), and buff dagger/gs/rifle skills to balance it.

Spellbreaker is fine in pve, hear me out before you grab the pitchforks. To start spellbreaker is good in organized pve on the basis that core warrior is good in pve thanks to banners, ea, and 25 group might, which only require really the tactics trait line and the utility slots, spellbreaker is just not the highest 3rd traitline which can be taken which is where the problem lies. Obviously spellbreaker doesn't do as much damage as berserker, but basically the whole point of berserker is RAWR MOAR DAMAGE!!!1!1!!!2 so it wouldn't make sense for spellbreaker to be better than berserker at the one thing that spec is good for. Fortunately spellbreaker has a lot of new tools that allow warrior to fulfill niches which they could not previously which allows for adaptability in non optimized groups that you find in openworld and pug fractals.

Aoe projectile defense is a very useful tool in a lot of dungeons and fractals, for the first time, warrior now has a strong source of this from winds of disenchantment, the 10 second duration of respectable, and the area is relatively huge, the cooldown is extremely long, but it lasts long enough to burst down most dungeon/fractal bosses. Spellbreaker now obviously provides boon rip which is quite nice for the no pain no gain fractal instability to get rid of annoying protection, a lot of awakened mobs also get access to lots of boons which warrior can now rip without resorting to oddball sigils, and obviously vale guardian needs a small amount of boon rip. Fullcounter is also an extremely strong defensive tool which can be used in more difficult solo endeavors where you feel that you need even more damage avoidance than what your build already has. For instance using spellbreaker for soloing giganticus lupicus is much easier with spellbreaker than it is with pretty much any other build on any class.

I am sure Spellbreaker wasn't designed for old pve (dungeons and old fractals) in mind, nor raids. And if you want to solo stuff, why absorb projectiles when you can reflect them instead for more damage. I disagree that Spellbreaker is fine in pve. Berserker elite is mostly condi-oriented, power was butchered with nerfs and prolonged arcdivider/headbutt animations and Berserker's Power (which they buffed later a bit, for Spellbreaker), I think that most people, who cares, know about this. The only good use of power PS is for short duration combat encounters, aka dungeons and low level fractals, where everything dies in 10 seconds.

IMO, Berserker should be the condi-oriented spec as it is now and Spellbreaker dps power oriented.

But again, no suggestions. I think the ones mentioned at the beginning are very good ones.

Changes need to be made to Core Warrior, not Spellbreaker. Power Berserker suffers from the same issues. Power Weapons need a 20% damage increase across the board, and either traits or utilities need to be reworked to provide an additional source of damage. Dragonhunter works because it has traps and symbols to supplement weapon damage. Weaver works because it has pulsing ground damage. Without some sort of gimmick, you're not going to get Power builds for Warrior to work in PvE without a heavy skill split from sPvP and WvW.

> @TheBravery.9615 said:

> berserker is supposed to be the go-to elite spec for dps. Spellbreaker is for pvp/wvw. Why can't people see through this?

Because that isn't how most MMO's do it. That isn't even how many other Elite specs in GW2 do it. Scourge, Daredevil, Soulbeast, etc. are good in pvp and pve.

You're making excuses for poor and lazy balancing.

Spellbreaker would need support options on par with Chronomancer to make it stay thematically appropriate while being useful in PvE.

Cause why take the defensively oriented Spellbreaker when you can take a Chronomancer which tanks as well while bringing quickness, alacrity, and portal.

> @Jephery.8915 said:

> Spellbreaker would need support options on par with Chronomancer to make it stay thematically appropriate while being useful in PvE.

>

> Cause why take the defensively oriented Spellbreaker when you can take a Chronomancer which tanks as well while bringing quickness, alacrity, and portal.

and reflects.

Also buffing core warrior would not make spellbreaker better than power berserker in pve. Spellbreaker needs changes too.

> @cryorion.9532 said:

> > @Jephery.8915 said:

> > Spellbreaker would need support options on par with Chronomancer to make it stay thematically appropriate while being useful in PvE.

> >

> > Cause why take the defensively oriented Spellbreaker when you can take a Chronomancer which tanks as well while bringing quickness, alacrity, and portal.

>

> and reflects.

>

> Also buffing core warrior would not make spellbreaker better than power berserker in pve. Spellbreaker needs changes too.

As long as they're close I don't think it really matters. . .

Though I think berserker deserves to have more damage since it has less defensive abilities.

. . .

You can tell I'm not biased by my profile picture ;)

That's why things like Megabane Tether having special debuff on enemies (armor weakening, or something) and/or elite having damage buffs to team, would be great. Like spellbreaker wouldn't be top power dps warrior build, but at least, great at debuffing and worth taking in more hardcore pve. My dream :D

It's not really bad, it's just not as good as other warrior alternatives in PVE. It's just like Scrapper in that way. I found the weakest part of the spec is how dependent it's effects are on controlling mobs with interrupts; not really effective to search out these things JUST to get the benefits of the spec in PVE. In PVP obviously that's more valuable.

That being said ... I wouldn't improve anything on SB for PVE ... because the class already got lots of good, fun PVE options on Core and Berserker; power, condition or hybrid builds.

> @TheBravery.9615 said:

> berserker is supposed to be the go-to elite spec for dps. Spellbreaker is for pvp/wvw. Why can't people see through this?

Because NO other class is THAT narrowly defined... why must Warrior's PoF elite spec be the only spec for PvP/WvW ONLY. That's an absurd argument, albeit atm sorta true, but it shouldn't be that way. Now SB was never to be the go to DPS for warrior that IS berzerker. But it can't be THIS weak. TBH SB being power based is at a disadvtange already with the gutting of Warrior power anyways. Until power within warrior itself is buffed, SB will just > other support options it has the CHANCE to be the new power PS go to. However SB itself needs some buffs for PvE too no doubt. But imo it starts with core warrior power build

> @EriskRedLemur.7153 said:

> > @TheBravery.9615 said:

> > berserker is supposed to be the go-to elite spec for dps. Spellbreaker is for pvp/wvw. Why can't people see through this?

>

> Because NO other class is THAT narrowly defined... why must Warrior's PoF elite spec be the only spec for PvP/WvW ONLY. That's an absurd argument, albeit atm sorta true, but it shouldn't be that way. Now SB was never to be the go to DPS for warrior that IS berzerker. But it can't be THIS weak. TBH SB being power based is at a disadvtange already with the gutting of Warrior power anyways. Until power within warrior itself is buffed, SB will just > other support options it has the CHANCE to be the new power PS go to. However SB itself needs some buffs for PvE too no doubt. But imo it starts with core warrior power build

On the contrary, I think many people would say Engi/Scrapper is as narrowly defined as this is, or Chrono/Mes for raiding. I don't find the argument absurd at all ... just how many especs do you think Anet can release for a given class and ensure they are ALL broadly enough defined to please players in every game element? I'm going to say ... maybe TWO. The irony of that is we already have broadly defined (and not very useful) specs as the core for each class. So the idea that an espec that is fundamentally MORE restrictive will be more broadly applicable, seems unrealistic to me.

I'm not against buffs on SB for PVE, but I'm also recognizing that SB being a PVP-focused spec COULD be intended as well since we have seen similar things already. Whether players think it's absurd/stupid/unfair or not is irrelevant. This will definitely have an impact on how Anet adjusts for balance.

> @Jzaku.9765 said:

> > @Darkhydrox.8560 said:

> > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > Generally-speaking, when peopleare talking about "PvE" on these forums they are talking about raid viability, not "Open world kittening around"-viability.

> >

> > I haven't really seen that. At least half the time when I see someone talk about PvE it's not directed at raids in specific. That doesn't even make sense considering the vast majority will never do or care about a raid.

>

> It's because literally everything is viable in general pve like mixed stat bearbows that you can safely assume people are talking about challenging instanced content when they talk about utility, or dps, or roles.

>

> Also there are very objective ways to measure your performance and spellbreaker is actually worse than core warrior at what we're talking about.

I agree everything is viable in open world pve. I don't agree when you tell me to assume what people mean when they say pve. It depends on the person.

I don't even raid or do fractals and I spend hours in the training area measuring my dps with various builds just because I enjoy doing well. I know spellbreaker isn't a dps king and I never expect it to be. I still play it anyway because I like using full counter and enjoy the dagger animations. Shit, my whole point was just not to assume everyone who says "pve" means "raid". It's one extra letter to be concise; not trying to argue against buffs. That said I'd imagine the problem isn't even spellbreaker but the fact that power dps on warrior as a whole just isn't great and spellbreaker is primarily a power spec. Bring up power I'd be happy, been rocking power warrior since the first day of closed beta.

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > @TheBravery.9615 said:

> > berserker is supposed to be the go-to elite spec for dps. Spellbreaker is for pvp/wvw. Why can't people see through this?

>

> Because we were not told this when buying PoF.

>

> Many PvE Warriors - myself included - are quite angry at the fact we didn't get any fancy new toys this time around.

the devs were pretty candid about telling people that asked about it. One sec litterally told a streamer that they didn't expect spellbreakers to be used in raids.

> @runeblade.7514 said:

> Too many PvP Spellbreaker threads, but Spellbreaker just sucks in PvE.

>

> What buffs can ANet do to improve Spellbreaker to make it useful for PvE? That is if you shove PvP aside.

>

> I would like to add a "Silence" Buff. Which will cause enemy damage to do 0 damage. It'll be like blind or reverse distortion, but it ignores breakbar.

>

> Magebane tethers decreases enemy armor(not vulnerability) instead of giving might.

Why do you need spellbreaker in PvE? my gosh just use berserker. Only because spellbreaker is new, doesnt mean its better. some elite specs are clearly designed for being more heavy in pvp and wvw, and its pve spellbreaker does JUST FINE. Its not in raid meta thats it. Still rocks everywhere else. duh. Stop wanting spellbreaker to be changed only because you dont want to switch to berserker.

> @Aury.1367 said:

> > @runeblade.7514 said:

> > Too many PvP Spellbreaker threads, but Spellbreaker just sucks in PvE.

> >

> > What buffs can ANet do to improve Spellbreaker to make it useful for PvE? That is if you shove PvP aside.

> >

> > I would like to add a "Silence" Buff. Which will cause enemy damage to do 0 damage. It'll be like blind or reverse distortion, but it ignores breakbar.

> >

> > Magebane tethers decreases enemy armor(not vulnerability) instead of giving might.

>

> Why do you need spellbreaker in PvE? my gosh just use berserker. Only because spellbreaker is new, doesnt mean its better. some elite specs are clearly designed for being more heavy in pvp and wvw, and its pve spellbreaker does JUST FINE. Its not in raid meta thats it. Still rocks everywhere else. duh. Stop wanting spellbreaker to be changed only because you dont want to switch to berserker.

Holy HELL

Nobody wants to fucking play condi berserker with their bow, torch and flame rod.

Why is it so hard for people to understand ITS NOT JUST SPELLBREAKER! ITS ALSO POWER FUCKING POWER

SHIT!

It's not just out of the raid meta, it sucks everywhere but PvP and

open world pve: the place where your build is irrelevant.

Stop wanting people to stop wanting spellbreaker to be changed just because you don't want it to!

Jesus, this is making want to rip my throat out.