Burning DH suggestions

Malsheem.1794

Hello

Atm im taking a break from my power-DH and giving Burn-DH a shot. Cant really settle on what weapons i need. Feel like they are all scuffed in larger fights except for Torch. so far ive used Scepter/torch/LB - the bow is more for utility, rooting ppl and then throwing sword of justice at them or whatever. What do ppl prefer and why ?

Also, what gear do you recommend for a Burn-DH ? So far i've just used Carrion with Smoldering sigils and it's been decent so far.

My bad, forgot to mention gamemode. We`re talking WvW.

PvE? Do not. DH does not support condi damage. And stick to viper, sinister or grieving for any support build. Though, power using sword/torch and scepter/focus works, and does a lot of burning damage. Still, a power build mainly.

sPvP, also does not. If you try, use Sage amulet.

WvW. Roaming? Still does not work. Zerging? It does.. somewhat. I think it uses LB and scepter.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> WvW. Roaming? Still does not work. Zerging? It does.. somewhat. I think it uses LB and scepter.

It really isn't ideal for roaming, as the only people you will root with LB 5 are potatoes, and good luck landing a SoJ on anyone who has a dodge key bound. Burn DH is ideal as a zergbuster, as people just stack together, relying on others to sustain them.

Typical loadout is Scepter/Focus + LB or Staff (I prefer LB). When I'm out solo doing dailies or whatnot, I'll drop the LB for Sword/Shield and swap out Wall of Reflection for Blades trap, but even then it's not a good build for 1v1.

@"otto.5684" What about traditional Burn Guard for roaming? Marauder gear GS + x/Focus? Is the burst still there post patch?

> @"Aigleborgne.2981" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"otto.5684" What about traditional Burn Guard for roaming? Marauder gear GS + x/Focus? Is the burst still there post patch?

>

> I fail to see how marauder gear can be any good for burning?

>

From PvE stand point, it is not. However, you could use sword/torch and scepter/focus, instead of GS + OH/focus. Does decent burn damage. You could see 4-5K burns with 25 might (like ~3K solo).

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > WvW. Roaming? Still does not work. Zerging? It does.. somewhat. I think it uses LB and scepter.

>

> It really isn't ideal for roaming, as the only people you will root with LB 5 are potatoes, and good luck landing a SoJ on anyone who has a dodge key bound. Burn DH is ideal as a zergbuster, as people just stack together, relying on others to sustain them.

>

> Typical loadout is Scepter/Focus + LB or Staff (I prefer LB). When I'm out solo doing dailies or whatnot, I'll drop the LB for Sword/Shield and swap out Wall of Reflection for Blades trap, but even then it's not a good build for 1v1.

>

> @"otto.5684" What about traditional Burn Guard for roaming? Marauder gear GS + x/Focus? Is the burst still there post patch?

Dunno. Core burn is weak in sPvP though. It does great damage, but survivability is not.