Please don't miss this opportunity in Cantha

Rukia.4802

Classic GW1 assassin Lead,Off,Dual attack combo mechanics.

3, 4, and 5 can be dual attacks while 1 and 2 be lead attack and off attack mixed with some utility spells like we had with deadly arts signets and such used after a successful dual attack.

If elite spec isn't assassin ima flip

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> I want a Shadow Mage myself.

> I don't need a pop fiction Naruto ninja. FF14 already has that one covered.

Shadow Mage/ Shadow Thief/ Arcane Thief -- whatever as long as it uses Shadow Magic. They better not give this ability to Necro because that'd be the last straw. They've already denied S/S from the Thief when they've created the Revenant. They better keep Shadow Magic within the Thief profession specialization.

> @"ParanoidKami.2867" said:

> Shiro is the assassin and that's on Revenant. Ninja for Thief in Cantha is more likely.

Ninja elite spec would feel redundant. Daredevil already fills the ninja niche for the thief.

Highly mobile fighter, using martial arts abilities (Fist Flurry, Palm Strike, Pulmonary Impact), techniques like throwing knives (Distracting Daggers, Lotus Training).

Even thematically the Daredevil already has alot of Asian culture included, like the weapon (Bo), some names of abilities (Lotus Training). Or just take a look at the headpiece for the Daredevil or their art in general:

![](https://cdn.mmos.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/CNL5THxXAAALdRC.jpg "")

You can't tell me that "Ninja" was not the first thing coming to your mind looking at this.

So I kinda doubt that Thief will get a ninja elite spec. What I personally think could happen: Cantha has been known for having alot of gangs ruling the underworld of big cities like Kaineng. Considering that Thief still has no true minion mechanic, I think they could get an elite spec inspired by some kind of gang leader like this, giving them different AI gang members as their utility skills.

If Revenants can get a minion master elite spec with Renegade, then I think Thieves can also get one.

> You guys watch too much Naruto. Ninja's aren't upfront fighters. They mainly attack from the shadows and use tricks to their advantage or serve as spies.

>

>

I don't deny that. But the general thematic of a ninja is already represented by the Daredevil. Look at the helmet skin they get, the bo, traits like Lotus Training. Also still the fact that the Daredevil is using martial arts, which ninja also did.

A ninja elite spec would simply feel too much like Daredevil thematically. I don't consider ninja to really be an option anymore ever since we got the Daredevil. They will have to come up with something different. If they don't want the new elite spec to feel like "same theme as Daredevil, but different gameplay".

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > @"ParanoidKami.2867" said:

> > You guys watch too much Naruto. Ninja's aren't upfront fighters. They mainly attack from the shadows and use tricks to their advantage or serve as spies.

> >

> >

>

> I don't deny that. But the general thematic of a ninja is already represented by the Daredevil. Look at the helmet skin they get, the bo, traits like Lotus Training. Also still the fact that the Daredevil is using martial arts, which ninja also did.

>

> A ninja elite spec would simply feel too much like Daredevil thematically. I don't consider ninja to really be an option anymore ever since we got the Daredevil. They will have to come up with something different. If they don't want the new elite spec to feel like "same theme as Daredevil, but different gameplay".

A Daredevil and a Ninja are completely different. A Daredevil dodges and leaps around in the open and whacks people with his staff. That's nothing like a Ninja.

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > @"ParanoidKami.2867" said:

> > > You guys watch too much Naruto. Ninja's aren't upfront fighters. They mainly attack from the shadows and use tricks to their advantage or serve as spies.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I don't deny that. But the general thematic of a ninja is already represented by the Daredevil. Look at the helmet skin they get, the bo, traits like Lotus Training. Also still the fact that the Daredevil is using martial arts, which ninja also did.

> >

> > A ninja elite spec would simply feel too much like Daredevil thematically. I don't consider ninja to really be an option anymore ever since we got the Daredevil. They will have to come up with something different. If they don't want the new elite spec to feel like "same theme as Daredevil, but different gameplay".

>

> A Daredevil and a Ninja are completely different. A Daredevil dodges and leaps around in the open and whacks people with his staff. That's nothing like a Ninja.

You completely miss my point. Yes, the Daredevil plays like that. But I am talking about thematic representation.

Daredevil has a headpiece that looks similar to what ninja used. Daredevil has many martial arts techniques referenced in their skills and traits. Daredevil has an Asian thematic (Lotus Training, Bo, etc.).

These would all be niches that a ninja elite spec **should** have if they release one. While a ninja elite spec should be stealthy, all these thematics also are strongly intertwined with how pop culture pictures ninja. And they are already occupied by the Daredevil. At this point, I think it makes more sense to go for a completely different thematic focal point for Thief instead of ninja.

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > > @"ParanoidKami.2867" said:

> > > > You guys watch too much Naruto. Ninja's aren't upfront fighters. They mainly attack from the shadows and use tricks to their advantage or serve as spies.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I don't deny that. But the general thematic of a ninja is already represented by the Daredevil. Look at the helmet skin they get, the bo, traits like Lotus Training. Also still the fact that the Daredevil is using martial arts, which ninja also did.

> > >

> > > A ninja elite spec would simply feel too much like Daredevil thematically. I don't consider ninja to really be an option anymore ever since we got the Daredevil. They will have to come up with something different. If they don't want the new elite spec to feel like "same theme as Daredevil, but different gameplay".

> >

> > A Daredevil and a Ninja are completely different. A Daredevil dodges and leaps around in the open and whacks people with his staff. That's nothing like a Ninja.

>

> You completely miss my point. Yes, the Daredevil plays like that. But I am talking about thematic representation.

> Daredevil has a headpiece that looks similar to what ninja used. Daredevil has many martial arts techniques referenced in their skills and traits. Daredevil has an Asian thematic (Lotus Training, Bo, etc.).

>

> These would all be niches that a ninja elite spec **should** have if they release one. While a ninja elite spec should be stealthy, all these thematics also are strongly intertwined with how pop culture pictures ninja. And they are already occupied by the Daredevil. At this point, I think it makes more sense to go for a completely different thematic focal point for Thief instead of ninja.

No, I don't see it at all. We'll have to disagree.

Personally, I'm leaning towards a shadow magic assassin as well.

While there's certainly a bit of magic in the thief, especially the Deadeye, the Assassin did manage to have a more magical feel, particularly when it came to using magic as the weapon directly rather than as a means to set up for a more mundane attack. Would be nice to see this return to the GW2 thief.

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > Shiro is the assassin and that's on Revenant. Ninja for Thief in Cantha is more likely.

>

> Ninja elite spec would feel redundant. Daredevil already fills the ninja niche for the thief.

> Highly mobile fighter, using martial arts abilities (Fist Flurry, Palm Strike, Pulmonary Impact), techniques like throwing knives (Distracting Daggers, Lotus Training).

> Even thematically the Daredevil already has alot of Asian culture included, like the weapon (Bo), some names of abilities (Lotus Training). Or just take a look at the headpiece for the Daredevil or their art in general:

> ![](https://cdn.mmos.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/CNL5THxXAAALdRC.jpg "")

>

> You can't tell me that "Ninja" was not the first thing coming to your mind looking at this.

> So I kinda doubt that Thief will get a ninja elite spec. What I personally think could happen: Cantha has been known for having alot of gangs ruling the underworld of big cities like Kaineng. Considering that Thief still has no true minion mechanic, I think they could get an elite spec inspired by some kind of gang leader like this, giving them different AI gang members as their utility skills.

>

> If Revenants can get a minion master elite spec with Renegade, then I think Thieves can also get one.

Summoning an army of am fah assassins would be hilarious but sounds lame as an actual combat mechanic, about as fun and interactive as playing a MM necro.

My main nightblade in ESO is named "Lou of the Knives" one of the am fah leaders and when you engaged him he would /bow and that's what I do in ESO before every boss fight or 1v1 duel.

> @"Rukia.4802" said:

> > Shiro is the assassin and that's on Revenant. Ninja for Thief in Cantha is more likely.

>

> That only changes revenant utilities and acts nothing like the assassin

bump. The revs swords add more to the "assassin playstyle" than shiros legend.

I'm also hoping for assassin, and I had an idea for the way they could implement combo chains in my home-brew concept. ([link if you're curious](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/79791/elite-spec-suggestion-legacy-of-the-assassin-powers-of-shadow-and-steel))

To get a different feel from the mainly damage-focused DD and DE, I was thinking more along the lines of shadow form, like barrier that can be beefed up for self-sustain or shared for group support. There can still be dps-focused traits of course, just one trait row with support synergy is all I'm asking.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > People see a picture and deduce that it's cantha, no dev confirm... Maybe it's not.

>

> From what I've read, Shing Jea is in that image file's data.

Not in the still image, but in the gif on the home page. Also, the tagline for the post is "Feel the [winds of change](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Winds_of_Change)."

Winds of Change can refer to either the Dominion of Winds (which would be quite small for an expansion and still is a link to Cantha), the jade Wind or its reversal (both of with are linked to Cantha).

This is a bit _Farfetch'd_, but in can also refer to Bubbles.

One of Bubbles abilities is described as twisting water into tentacles-like things.

What if Bubbles actually controls currents and creates currents in the water to create streams the uncannily resemble tentacles?

Since winds are simply currents in the air, Bubbles would also control winds (and electricity), not only water.

> @"hatsamu.4327" said:

> I'm also hoping for assassin, and I had an idea for the way they could implement combo chains in my home-brew concept. ([link if you're curious](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/79791/elite-spec-suggestion-legacy-of-the-assassin-powers-of-shadow-and-steel))

>

> To get a different feel from the mainly damage-focused DD and DE, I was thinking more along the lines of shadow form, like barrier that can be beefed up for self-sustain or shared for group support. There can still be dps-focused traits of course, just one trait row with support synergy is all I'm asking.

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > People see a picture and deduce that it's cantha, no dev confirm... Maybe it's not.

> >

> > From what I've read, Shing Jea is in that image file's data.

>

> Not in the still image, but in the gif on the home page. Also, the tagline for the post is "Feel the [winds of change](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Winds_of_Change)."

Additionally, a thread in the boards here asking for a cantha expansion got closed by Anet with the comment that people should please move over the discussion to the thread about the latest announcements.

If that is not an indirect confirmation that we are indeed going to Cantha, then I don't know what is.

> @"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > I want a Shadow Mage myself.

> > I don't need a pop fiction Naruto ninja. FF14 already has that one covered.

>

> Shadow Mage/ Shadow Thief/ Arcane Thief -- whatever as long as it uses Shadow Magic. They better not give this ability to Necro because that'd be the last straw. They've already denied S/S from the Thief when they've created the Revenant. They better keep Shadow Magic within the Thief profession specialization.

Only if it uses deadly art based skills and no naruto clone bs

> @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> Only if it uses deadly art based skills and no naruto clone bs

Since Trickery is mandatory in its current iteration, that's one slot gone.

Since it require the elite spec, another slot is gone.

I could see it being traitable for both conditions and power damage, make both Deadly Arts and Critical Strikes viable for the third slot.

But I don't know how well Shadow Magic would mix with Poison though.