[Suggestion] Deveastation Trait that increases Energy regeneration

DonArkanio.6419

> @"Shao.7236" said:

> @"CutesySylveon.8290"

> Everything is a band aid fix nowadays, I don't believe it. I prefer SotM not because I have Ancient Echo but because it helps tanking better than having more energy. I ran Charged Mists in the past before Ancient Echo and still do when I feel like it, it's nothing new. The profession is fine, take the time to learn it.

Yes, these are baindaid fixes because they refuse to address the things that really need fixing and just slap nerfs here and there to call it a day. You and you just proved my point. You ran it before you had Ancient Echo because now you need it, it's becoming the Trickery of Revenant in that you HAVE to take it because everything costs so much energy. The profession is not fine, I do know it and I've been playing it since the second beta weekend back before HoT. I've seen how it's changed and a good bit of it has been positive, but there's been a TON more negative now than positive changes. The class is clunky and annoying to play now because half of the stuff you want to do is locked out after using a single skill because it does 5 things that I don't need. I don't need fury, endurance, evade and a backdodge on Shiro's stun break, but now I have to shell out 40 energy any time I need a stun break for it in a game filled to the brim with random CC at extreme durations, I don't need quickness and unblockable attacks on a 1200 range port.

You're in the minority, and if you're content with Anet butchering the class at every turn because they don't know how to balance it, then by all means. The rest of us are getting fed up with their terrible balance decisions.

> @"Kulvar.1239" said:

> > @"CutesySylveon.8290" said:

> > > @"Shao.7236" said:

> > > Most Revenant skills are long, slow, have evade frames because it's by design to refill energy in the mean time, Ancient Echo does an incredible job and is more than plenty for the rest of the profession. I can't see myself having even more Energy than I do now given how devastating Revenant can be already.

> >

> > This is just straight up false. Revenant has all of 1 evade utility and 3 evade weapon skills and all of them are meant to be tied to their respective weapon and legend design except hammer, I cannot think of a reason phase smash has evade frames beyond being the only thing keeping it from being a bigger meme than it is.

> >

> > Shiro has the most because he's an assassin so it makes sense for him to be slippery, not surprising he has two. Staff 5 is pretty obviously supposed to represent a stampeding centaur bowling through people. Hammer 3 is hammer 3. That's it. They're not 'designed to refill energy in the meantime', they're designed around the relevant theme of the legend.

> >

> > Things like Ancient Echo are great for giving an option to play core rev, but it's a band aid on the obvious energy problems we have from Anet lazy nerfing them. Charged Mists has become a mandatory pick now for non core because of the ridiculous energy increases. This just pidgeon holes us into it to try to get around the horrible balancing decisions Anet makes, like just increasing energy costs over toning down super overbloated skills.

>

> The evade on the hammer is because your character physically move to the target. You still trip on every wall skill so you can instakill yourself trying to use it in WvW.

That's what I mean, the only reason I can see it having an evade is because it would be one of the worst skills in the game if it didn't have evade frames. Hammer makes no sense and needs a rework anyway, so I don't fret too much about how little sense it makes.

> @"CutesySylveon.8290" said:

> > @"Kulvar.1239" said:

> > > @"CutesySylveon.8290" said:

> > > > @"Shao.7236" said:

> > > > Most Revenant skills are long, slow, have evade frames because it's by design to refill energy in the mean time, Ancient Echo does an incredible job and is more than plenty for the rest of the profession. I can't see myself having even more Energy than I do now given how devastating Revenant can be already.

> > >

> > > This is just straight up false. Revenant has all of 1 evade utility and 3 evade weapon skills and all of them are meant to be tied to their respective weapon and legend design except hammer, I cannot think of a reason phase smash has evade frames beyond being the only thing keeping it from being a bigger meme than it is.

> > >

> > > Shiro has the most because he's an assassin so it makes sense for him to be slippery, not surprising he has two. Staff 5 is pretty obviously supposed to represent a stampeding centaur bowling through people. Hammer 3 is hammer 3. That's it. They're not 'designed to refill energy in the meantime', they're designed around the relevant theme of the legend.

> > >

> > > Things like Ancient Echo are great for giving an option to play core rev, but it's a band aid on the obvious energy problems we have from Anet lazy nerfing them. Charged Mists has become a mandatory pick now for non core because of the ridiculous energy increases. This just pidgeon holes us into it to try to get around the horrible balancing decisions Anet makes, like just increasing energy costs over toning down super overbloated skills.

> >

> > The evade on the hammer is because your character physically move to the target. You still trip on every wall skill so you can instakill yourself trying to use it in WvW.

>

> That's what I mean, the only reason I can see it having an evade is because it would be one of the worst skills in the game if it didn't have evade frames. Hammer makes no sense and needs a rework anyway, so I don't fret too much about how little sense it makes.

I agree the skill is really bad. I just explained why they added the evade.