Confusion about the new episode's unlockables

Bast.7253

So, I'm a little confused about the rewards in this episode and how to obtain certain items.

We have the strike missions and the weekly strike chest, that you can use 1-3 crystals for. Do you get better chances at loot if you use 3 crystals instead of 1? If you use one and then get more, you're still locked out of the chest right?

Also, I guess you can either buy the tokens for the runic set with 20+20+20 crystals or you just buy with gold? I've got 70 something green crystals and almost 10 blue, but I haven't seen any red. How do you obtain each color variant? Is it just random from strikes? Do you even use the other color prophet crystals for anything?

And how do you obtain things like the stone cannon skin or the stone summit armor? Is this random drops from strike missions or mobs? Do they come from the public vision instance? From challenge modes?

I was kind of hoping some of these strike mission currencies would be used to allow you to buy previous armor exclusives with them, like the Khan-ur stuff or even the combat tonic from Grothmar. There's so much rng-only drops in each of these episodes and the chances are so low for most of them that it doesn't really encourage me to go back and play the episodes. Was thinking this currency might wind up being an alternate method to obtain them.

All in all a fun episode though. I'd maybe consider adding a leave instance button above the mini-map for the vision though. It's a bit frustrating finding the portal to leave if you're just in there hunting achievements and don't want to complete the whole thing.

So.

1-Once you opened the chest, let's say with 1 prophet crystal you can't reopen it during the same week. You other crystal of the same color are now wasted for that chest.

2-Each week the crystal color required to open the chest change.

-This week it's green, next week is blue and in two weeks it's red.

3-You can exchange crystal variants with Smoxxi (she literally kinda yell give me da crystals!) 2 green shards equal 1 red or 1 blue shard. Same logic with blue, same with red. Also 2 prophet crystals can be exchanged to another color.

4- 20 crystal shards = 1 prophet crystal

I opened a chest with 1 crystal, will try 3 next week to see the difference.

5-I can't answer how to get stone summit stuffs cause I'm looking for that too.