Possible dishonor bugs

Bast.7253

I’ve had it happen twice where I couldn’t get into a match that was in progress. 1. I waypointed after a map had been chosen right before I was teleported into a match. It then got stuck on the loading screen and didn’t let me into the match after I restarted.

The second time I switched characters during the final countdown before the match started. It didn’t let me in on the original character or any other character.

Just two instances I’ve noticed. Doesn’t happen often but thought I would share.

Those are not dishonor bugs, those are restrictions on swapping characters once a match has started.

The fact you got stuck in a loading screen could be a game bug, or an issue with your PC causing slow I/O on the hard drive you're using.

This is the main reason why ArenaNet prevents people from queuing and leaving the map, because people with slower computers tend to not load quick enough after going through multiple loading screens.

> @"Chase.8415" said:

> Those are not dishonor bugs, those are restrictions on swapping characters once a match has started.

> The fact you got stuck in a loading screen could be a game bug, or an issue with your PC causing slow I/O on the hard drive you're using.

>

> This is the main reason why ArenaNet prevents people from queuing and leaving the map, because people with slower computers tend to not load quick enough after going through multiple loading screens.

It is a bug if it doesn’t let you in on the same character you logged off on. Lol

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > @"Chase.8415" said:

> > Those are not dishonor bugs, those are restrictions on swapping characters once a match has started.

> > The fact you got stuck in a loading screen could be a game bug, or an issue with your PC causing slow I/O on the hard drive you're using.

> >

> > This is the main reason why ArenaNet prevents people from queuing and leaving the map, because people with slower computers tend to not load quick enough after going through multiple loading screens.

>

> It is a bug if it doesn’t let you in on the same character you logged off on. Lol

No its not, once the match starts it won't let you back in.

It's doing that to prevent people from changing builds outside in towns and then joining back into the match.

That's by design, not by a bug.

However, there's nothing stopping them from eliminating the need for that restriction now that they have build templates. They could just simply add code to the game to lock in the players build and equipment templates to exactly what they were before the match started. It would no longer be necessary to prevent people from joining matches that have already started.

But any type of coding costs money and they have to prioritize things, plus we wouldn't have any idea if its really that simple or how long it would take.

> @"Chase.8415" said:

> > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > > @"Chase.8415" said:

> > > Those are not dishonor bugs, those are restrictions on swapping characters once a match has started.

> > > The fact you got stuck in a loading screen could be a game bug, or an issue with your PC causing slow I/O on the hard drive you're using.

> > >

> > > This is the main reason why ArenaNet prevents people from queuing and leaving the map, because people with slower computers tend to not load quick enough after going through multiple loading screens.

> >

> > It is a bug if it doesn’t let you in on the same character you logged off on. Lol

>

> No its not, once the match starts it won't let you back in.

>

> It's doing that to prevent people from changing builds outside in towns and then joining back into the match.

>

> That's by design, not by a bug.

>

>

But I can log out during a match and back in fine with no issue on the same character? I guess it’s just during that final countdown before the match begins? That’s why it feels unintentional to me. Because it’s just that few second window. Otherwise it just loads you straight into the match with your previous build.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > @"Chase.8415" said:

> > > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > > > @"Chase.8415" said:

> > > > Those are not dishonor bugs, those are restrictions on swapping characters once a match has started.

> > > > The fact you got stuck in a loading screen could be a game bug, or an issue with your PC causing slow I/O on the hard drive you're using.

> > > >

> > > > This is the main reason why ArenaNet prevents people from queuing and leaving the map, because people with slower computers tend to not load quick enough after going through multiple loading screens.

> > >

> > > It is a bug if it doesn’t let you in on the same character you logged off on. Lol

> >

> > No its not, once the match starts it won't let you back in.

> >

> > It's doing that to prevent people from changing builds outside in towns and then joining back into the match.

> >

> > That's by design, not by a bug.

> >

> >

>

> But I can log out during a match and back in fine with no issue on the same character? I guess it’s just during that final countdown before the match begins? That’s why it feels unintentional to me. Because it’s just that few second window. Otherwise it just loads you straight into the match with your previous build.

>

I am sure there is some underlying technical reason why it's different before the match starts. Maybe because game code is likely shared, it is there to prevent exploits of some kind. Like imagine if you could use teleport to a friend to a PvP match and suddenly you're a top 10 player in a silver game.

But I do recall there was a point in time where it was possible to swap characters mid match but obviously the current state today is it has been disabled.

Regardless, it is intentionally programmed to prevent people from joining a match.