Ghastly grinning shield

If you put in 4 weapons that are not the same you will receive back a random weapon of any type. If you put in four of the same kind of weapon (shields, for example) you will receive back a random weapon of that same type. So 4 shields would guarantee you a shield. However, the ghastly shield is a very very rare chance to drop.

When i used to gamble with the mystic forge, I would buy around 700g of staves or another weapons whose pre-cursor sold for 900g or more. I found if I put in four exotics of the same type of weapon and all were lvl 80 I would often get back a lower level exotic, say 76 or so. However, if I included one or two lower level exotic of around 72-76 I would always get back a level 80. I don't know if it still works that way or not. I did get several pre-cursor staves and great swords that way and usually made a good bit of gold. I stopped because the pres dropped in price (even the priciest is only around 600g now) and the lower priced exotics went up just enough silver so I could not longer be sure of a profit.

By the way, if I did not get a named exotic within the first 7 tries at the toilet I would quit for a while and come back later - for some reason it just seemed the named ones dropped in waves and that that was when I would get the pres. That may have just been perception on my part, of course.

And, yes, you can put in rares (I think level 72 or 76 and up) and have a good chance of a level 80 exotic but I used exotics because the return seemed better.

That said, I think the ghastly shield may be even rarer than the pre-cursors so I don't think that would be a good way of trying to get one. I actually got mine from a wardrobe unlock and never saw one from the mystic toilet. So you could easily spend more money trying to get one than if you saved and bought it off the TP.

> @"Koods.9815" said:

> Heya, anyone knows how to obtain this shield? Wiki says combine 4 weapons, some people says combine 4 shields

I'm guessing maybe L1 blue shields, based on the chart it's a L0 green shield

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shield

but according to reddit, looks like it's L80 rare or exotics, since you can only get precursors from them

i got mine as a skin from guaranteed weapon unlocker

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Your best strategy is to earn gold and buy it off the tp if any exist up there. As expensive as it no doubt is, it is far more efficient and less time consuming considering it actually has a guaranteed pay off

This is what I did. Mine was 1,147g at the time I bought it, but it was a cheaper method than alternatives in the long run. That and farming gold isn't too tough now a days.