Steel (and other Legion) Weapons

Blur.3465

Apologies in advance in case this was mentioned somewhere before.

Anyhow, I really, really, really love the new weapon set we got for the Charr Legions! I'm particularly in love with the new rifle and pistols skins, they look amazing!

Now one thing I'd really love to see is skins for other weapons.

I'd just love to see axe skin in particular, to pair it up nicely with Ash Legion Pistol for my Mirage.

Is there any chance we could see other weapon skins based on this theme? Pretty please? <3

Thanks!

> @"Blur.3465" said:

> Apologies in advance in case this was mentioned somewhere before.

> Anyhow, I really, really, really love the new weapon set we got for the Charr Legions! I'm particularly in love with the new rifle and pistols skins, they look amazing!

> Now one thing I'd really love to see is skins for other weapons.

> I'd just love to see axe skin in particular, to pair it up nicely with Ash Legion Pistol for my Mirage.

> Is there any chance we could see other weapon skins based on this theme? Pretty please? <3

>

> Thanks!

I have my guess that we will see more weapons going forward in the story

I think it's unlikely, and probably best not to get your hopes up that these weapons will be expanded to a full set.

One important distinction to note is that the end reward Steel weapons in the sets are named "Steel Warband" (not Legion), as they are themed around the weapons that we see each of the members of the Steel Warband wielding in Forging Steel. The other four "Legion" weapons in each set are then just re-colourisations of that weapon, with a little less draw animation flourish.

So as the main weapon in each of these sets is currently directly related to a specific character of a Warband which I don't think will be getting any bigger, I think it is unlikely that the weapon sets will be expanded.

But hey, who knows what is planned, if they do add these it would be a nice surprise!

Another point to note - it seems like these weapons were not designed as a whole set, but specifically created for each of the npc's.

This is similar to what we have seen before with the likes of Marjory's axe & dagger, Braham's mace & shield, Faren's rapier etc. - these were never going to become full sets.

To be honest, ANet could of easily just put the 5 Steel weapons skins in the gem store like they have done before with the aforementioned skins.

It's actually a good thing (and maybe a further sign of listening to player feedback) that these have been added as in game rewards, with added re-colourisation options as an extra bonus.