Death recap

noot.8641

I asked for this a long time ago so it would also help newer people or just anyone to know what killed them and dissect enemies build. In fact, is it a problem now to also know your enemies build [in wvw at least]? I suggested before, that when someone dies, to have a choice to look at what killed them, but maybe also display a build inspector for the enemies build., just the traits/slot skills, no need for the stats. Maybe people like to keep their builds secret, but it's better to increase every players knowledge so they don't whine on forums, although this is a two edged sword with the whining thing.

What about a mastery to selectively analyze an opponent that you mark? Maybe that is an optional route that it could be done. Maybe have some kind of requisites like being in combat with enemy for x amount of seconds as a minimum or something for successful analysis. Maybe for the next tier up you can do an instant analysis on the enemy you tag.

It will only be on the players client side and basically it's just relaying you their build template link, I don't think it will generate much thoroughput. It will probably be a rare occurrence for 50-80 players to tag one player for analysis in a big battle, even on enemy comm. It's more or less like accessing the api for your build link, it doesn't have to add any overhead in battle data going on.

> @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> It will only be on the players client side and basically it's just relaying you their build template link, I don't think it will generate much thoroughput. It will probably be a rare occurrence for 50-80 players to tag one player for analysis in a big battle, even on enemy comm. It's more or less like accessing the api for your build link, it doesn't have to add any overhead in battle data going on.

Does arc dps help?

> @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> Maybe, but I don't know if newer players are willing to install something that could be implemented in game. Also if I recall, didn't it have its build inspector removed? Or one of the third party apps did if I'm not mistaken.

Ah. Because raids were elitists then. No right gear, kick.

Hence POF gear can't be seen if linked.

> @"noot.8641" said:

> Afaik we only have a death recap in spvp.

> It would be nice to implement this in wvw, so the new players have an idea what killed them.

> I know you can combatlog check what hit you, but new players don’t.

I agree,it would be a nice feature to have in both modes. What I do in general is just keep a Combat tab configured that catches all the combat info output and scroll through and look. It is pretty limited, but you can at least see which attacks hit and for how much; It just doesn't add up the totals for you. I find it fairly useful in wvw. Its limited, but allot of the time it gives you a decent idea of what hit you so hard.

> @"XatraZaytrax.2601" said:

> Combat stats is an option on chat already. It gets annoying to gave on

Sure if you have combat output on your default chat window its horrible. What I would suggest is keep an extra tab in the chat box that does nothing but output combat info. You just change to that tab when you want to review after combat (win or lose) what was doing damage to you or the opponent. I mean, it doesn't add it all up like arc or like the pvp death recap, BUT its helpful if you want to see what skills the opponent used and how much damage they produced.

Anyway, this way you have the normal chat window unless you are out of combat reviewing. Like if you die which is when death recap would come into play. In other words, this way it doesn't make your what window any different. You just use more than one, so to speak.