Can you explain to me some points about stealth and steal please?

Murshid.9854

New thief player here and lately I read a lot about the class more than I play just to learn it and thankfully there is a lot of good material out there to learn from, but I still have 2 question that I need to be clarified regarding stealth and steal.

1- Regarding stealth, does it come from smoke blast/leap combos and utilities only or there is something else?

2- Regarding steal, does the bundle of things I steal from connected to the target or its general bundle? and in PvP I steal from players based on what?

Thanks

> @"Murshid.9854" said:

> New thief player here and lately I read a lot about the class more than I play just to learn it and thankfully there is a lot of good material out there to learn from, but I still have 2 question that I need to be clarified regarding stealth and steal.

> 1- Regarding stealth, does it come from smoke blast/leap combos and utilities only or there is something else?

> 2- Regarding steal, does the bundle of things I steal from connected to the target or its general bundle? and in PvP I steal from players based on what?

>

> Thanks

1) Read Wiki page on Stealth, there's many sources of Stealth, so no point in just rewriting it here.

2) In PvP stolen items are always the same single item based on enemy profession. You will always steal Essence Sap from any Rev player or Rev build, you will always steal Mace Head Crack from any Guard player or Guard build, etc. It can roll a random stolen item if stealing on AI like pets or phantasms, but even those have limited poll of items so you won't be able to get every stolen bundle in the game If you hypothetically kept stealing indefinitely.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

This helped me once I learned about it.

If you need help testing # of stealth options per build, those icons will respond once they're part of the build. Very handy.

Stealth alone has numerous sources.

Even steal can cause stealth. (I forget which trait line, Trickery?)

I tend to look at steal as situational.

edit: I typically struggle with this class. I've had to adopt a type of class mindset when playing it to be successful.

> @"doogal.9368" said:

> http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

>

> This helped me once I learned about it.

> If you need help testing # of stealth options per build, those icons will respond once they're part of the build. Very handy.

>

> Stealth alone has numerous sources.

> Even steal can cause stealth. (**I forget which trait line, Trickery?**)

> I tend to look at steal as situational.

>

> edit: I typically struggle with this class. I've had to adopt a type of class mindset when playing it to be successful.

Hidden Thief in Shadow Arts, I don't use it much but it's solid when you need to shift around the order of an sequence or combo. I like the options all the way across SA and I probably still use them all at times.

Situational is good, Steal is pretty reflexive although I think I sit on Mark too much still apart from maybe one combo.