help understanding dual wield trait! pls

noiwk.2760

hey guys, i have question i hope you guys can help with! i want to understand how dual wield trait works. do i need to use same weapon in main and off hand ? for example dagger dagger/ axe axe .. or it only means that i need weapons like axe/mace/dagger to be equiped on off hand? its very confusing.

i know that.. its bad traitline cause all the fury and attack speed dont stack when you are in team and have quickness. but. for solo play it look nice.

i just try to udnerstand what i need to wield in order to active the trait ! thank you everyone who help !

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> If the weapon can also go in your mainhand, then yes its dual wield.

>

> and to clarify, it does not matter what the mainhand weapon is, they dont have to match.

thank you so much! thats really helpful ! id like to ask you 1 more question then ! if i may! is Sun and Moon life leech only apply once per 5 seconds or its only for quickness? (spell breaker trait) also.. any idea if sun and moon is decent sustain? how is it compared to might makes right ? does it heal more or less ? thank you ! (pve)

> @"noiwk.2760" said:

> > @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > If the weapon can also go in your mainhand, then yes its dual wield.

> >

> > and to clarify, it does not matter what the mainhand weapon is, they dont have to match.

>

> thank you so much! thats really helpful ! id like to ask you 1 more question then ! if i may! is Sun and Moon life leech only apply once per 5 seconds or its only for quickness? (spell breaker trait) also.. any idea if sun and moon is decent sustain? how is it compared to might makes right ? does it heal more or less ? thank you ! (pve)

S&M is not life leech. The ICD is only for the quickness. The OH Dagger portion means that for ANY critical hit you heal for 7% of that damage. So if you hit for 4k on a crit you will heal for 280 hp, and this is per foe hit. It pairs well with a main hand that deals high power damage, as well as with Wastrel's Ruin. Axe/Dagger with Pure Strike and Axe Mastery and Arms for signet mastery and duel wielding would be the way to maximize the healing from Sun and Moon Style and would not require landing bursts like Adrenal Health, or boons like might. Your healing would only be limited by your ability to hit and hit hard.

For PvE Healing Signet and Adrenal Health is generally enough, the best thing to do is grab as many sources of healing as possible, and if you prefer MH axe, then Axe/Dagger can be useful for sustain instead of GS. Might Makes Right will still heal ~133 hp per stack of might, so with a GS and 100% crit hitting 3 foes gives 399 HP and 6 endurance. If you hit those three foes for 2.5k each with an OH dagger equipped then you would heal for 525 hp. Since this is for PvE, you can do dagger/dagger and take both MMR and S&M and get fairly decent sustain on your AA chain. If you read between the lines there you'll see that with the right choices you can end up healing for ~1k hp depending on your damage, might generation, and the number of foes hit.

Here is a quick put together with S&M and MMR: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAciFlZwmYXsDGKOWXeveA-zxQYhojrfHkQhEVIUXCEYFYyBJQ2DvGBMDA-e

In this set up a 4824 Eviscerate will do ~ 12.5k on a crit, and with S&M and MMR will heal for 1.5k hp.

So, as long as you keep hitting, you keep healing. The Axe AA chain, so long as you are cleaving, will keep your HP up pretty high so long as you dodge the nasty stuff.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > @"noiwk.2760" said:

> > > @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > > If the weapon can also go in your mainhand, then yes its dual wield.

> > >

> > > and to clarify, it does not matter what the mainhand weapon is, they dont have to match.

> >

> > thank you so much! thats really helpful ! id like to ask you 1 more question then ! if i may! is Sun and Moon life leech only apply once per 5 seconds or its only for quickness? (spell breaker trait) also.. any idea if sun and moon is decent sustain? how is it compared to might makes right ? does it heal more or less ? thank you ! (pve)

>

> S&M is not life leech. The ICD is only for the quickness. The OH Dagger portion means that for ANY critical hit you heal for 7% of that damage. So if you hit for 4k on a crit you will heal for 280 hp, and this is per foe hit. It pairs well with a main hand that deals high power damage, as well as with Wastrel's Ruin. Axe/Dagger with Pure Strike and Axe Mastery and Arms for signet mastery and duel wielding would be the way to maximize the healing from Sun and Moon Style and would not require landing bursts like Adrenal Health, or boons like might. Your healing would only be limited by your ability to hit and hit hard.

>

> For PvE Healing Signet and Adrenal Health is generally enough, the best thing to do is grab as many sources of healing as possible, and if you prefer MH axe, then Axe/Dagger can be useful for sustain instead of GS. Might Makes Right will still heal ~133 hp per stack of might, so with a GS and 100% crit hitting 3 foes gives 399 HP and 6 endurance. If you hit those three foes for 2.5k each with an OH dagger equipped then you would heal for 525 hp. Since this is for PvE, you can do dagger/dagger and take both MMR and S&M and get fairly decent sustain on your AA chain. If you read between the lines there you'll see that with the right choices you can end up healing for ~1k hp depending on your damage, might generation, and the number of foes hit.

>

> Here is a quick put together with S&M and MMR: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAciFlZwmYXsDGKOWXeveA-zxQYhojrfHkQhEVIUXCEYFYyBJQ2DvGBMDA-e

>

> In this set up a 4824 Eviscerate will do ~ 12.5k on a crit, and with S&M and MMR will heal for 1.5k hp.

>

> So, as long as you keep hitting, you keep healing. The Axe AA chain, so long as you are cleaving, will keep your HP up pretty high so long as you dodge the nasty stuff.

>

thank you. that is very helpful ! the thing is.. and ill be honest here. .i really dont like GS for warrior. .its so slow.. and cancel my movement..

axe is nice.. but ill be honest again.. dagger is by far my fav weapon for warrior. is dagger/dagger decent?

i was thinking about maybe dagger/dagger and maybe something for utility/break bar on second set?

and use the arms for crit chance and free fury and the signet passive.. and ofc for dual wield . is it good call?

but then should i give up decipline or should i give up strength? or maybe i should take defense? thanks for advice !

> @"noiwk.2760" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > @"noiwk.2760" said:

> > > > @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > > > If the weapon can also go in your mainhand, then yes its dual wield.

> > > >

> > > > and to clarify, it does not matter what the mainhand weapon is, they dont have to match.

> > >

> > > thank you so much! thats really helpful ! id like to ask you 1 more question then ! if i may! is Sun and Moon life leech only apply once per 5 seconds or its only for quickness? (spell breaker trait) also.. any idea if sun and moon is decent sustain? how is it compared to might makes right ? does it heal more or less ? thank you ! (pve)

> >

> > S&M is not life leech. The ICD is only for the quickness. The OH Dagger portion means that for ANY critical hit you heal for 7% of that damage. So if you hit for 4k on a crit you will heal for 280 hp, and this is per foe hit. It pairs well with a main hand that deals high power damage, as well as with Wastrel's Ruin. Axe/Dagger with Pure Strike and Axe Mastery and Arms for signet mastery and duel wielding would be the way to maximize the healing from Sun and Moon Style and would not require landing bursts like Adrenal Health, or boons like might. Your healing would only be limited by your ability to hit and hit hard.

> >

> > For PvE Healing Signet and Adrenal Health is generally enough, the best thing to do is grab as many sources of healing as possible, and if you prefer MH axe, then Axe/Dagger can be useful for sustain instead of GS. Might Makes Right will still heal ~133 hp per stack of might, so with a GS and 100% crit hitting 3 foes gives 399 HP and 6 endurance. If you hit those three foes for 2.5k each with an OH dagger equipped then you would heal for 525 hp. Since this is for PvE, you can do dagger/dagger and take both MMR and S&M and get fairly decent sustain on your AA chain. If you read between the lines there you'll see that with the right choices you can end up healing for ~1k hp depending on your damage, might generation, and the number of foes hit.

> >

> > Here is a quick put together with S&M and MMR: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAciFlZwmYXsDGKOWXeveA-zxQYhojrfHkQhEVIUXCEYFYyBJQ2DvGBMDA-e

> >

> > In this set up a 4824 Eviscerate will do ~ 12.5k on a crit, and with S&M and MMR will heal for 1.5k hp.

> >

> > So, as long as you keep hitting, you keep healing. The Axe AA chain, so long as you are cleaving, will keep your HP up pretty high so long as you dodge the nasty stuff.

> >

>

> thank you. that is very helpful ! the thing is.. and ill be honest here. .i really dont like GS for warrior. .its so slow.. and cancel my movement..

> axe is nice.. but ill be honest again.. dagger is by far my fav weapon for warrior. is dagger/dagger decent?

> i was thinking about maybe dagger/dagger and maybe something for utility/break bar on second set?

> and use the arms for crit chance and free fury and the signet passive.. and ofc for dual wield . is it good call?

> but then should i give up decipline or should i give up strength? or maybe i should take defense? thanks for advice !

Anything works for Open world PvE. If you are going into Raids or FotM then you will need a different Mainhand, Axe being the best for DPS. Mace/Mace is the go to for break bars, I added in Rampage as the elite in that build specifically for break bars. Arms is fine to take, again anything works in Open World. My advice is to try each combination and see what works for you.

Arm/Disc/SpB would be HIGHLY aggressive.

Str/Def/SpB is HIGHLY Defensive, particularly with Mace/Shield in the other weapon set.

Str/Disc/SpB or Str/Arms/SpB are a mix of both offense and defense.

If you run MMR, then run Forceful Greatsword anyway as you get 50% of the benefit regardless of whether you use a GS, and take several sources of might. If you don't (arms/disc/spb) then you want all the DPS you can take while still keeping might capped.

>

> Arm/Disc/SpB would be HIGHLY aggressive.

> Str/Def/SpB is HIGHLY Defensive, particularly with Mace/Shield in the other weapon set.

> Str/Disc/SpB or Str/Arms/SpB are a mix of both offense and defense.

>

> If you run MMR, then run Forceful Greatsword anyway as you get 50% of the benefit regardless of whether you use a GS, and take several sources of might. If you don't (arms/disc/spb) then you want all the DPS you can take while still keeping might capped.

axe in main hand is really that much dps than dagger main hand? even if we include the boon remove and all that?

> @"noiwk.2760" said:

>

> >

> > Arm/Disc/SpB would be HIGHLY aggressive.

> > Str/Def/SpB is HIGHLY Defensive, particularly with Mace/Shield in the other weapon set.

> > Str/Disc/SpB or Str/Arms/SpB are a mix of both offense and defense.

> >

> > If you run MMR, then run Forceful Greatsword anyway as you get 50% of the benefit regardless of whether you use a GS, and take several sources of might. If you don't (arms/disc/spb) then you want all the DPS you can take while still keeping might capped.

>

> axe in main hand is really that much dps than dagger main hand? even if we include the boon remove and all that?

Axe AA Spam is one of the highest DPS things you can do on warrior sadly. There is a reason Spellbreakers are not taken in high end PvE content unless serious boon removal is needed, and that is because they can still take banners with them.

Axe DPS rotation is literally spam the none AA skills on recharge, spam F1 on Recharge, but NEVER interrupt an AA chain that has started since most of the DPS is within the AA chain.

Not saying that MH Dagger is weak, its just better suited for sPvP. Again in Open World PvE, everything works, so run dagger/dagger to your heart's desire.

> > @"noiwk.2760" said:

> >

> > >

> > > Arm/Disc/SpB would be HIGHLY aggressive.

> > > Str/Def/SpB is HIGHLY Defensive, particularly with Mace/Shield in the other weapon set.

> > > Str/Disc/SpB or Str/Arms/SpB are a mix of both offense and defense.

> > >

> > > If you run MMR, then run Forceful Greatsword anyway as you get 50% of the benefit regardless of whether you use a GS, and take several sources of might. If you don't (arms/disc/spb) then you want all the DPS you can take while still keeping might capped.

> >

> > axe in main hand is really that much dps than dagger main hand? even if we include the boon remove and all that?

>

> Axe AA Spam is one of the highest DPS things you can do on warrior sadly. There is a reason Spellbreakers are not taken in high end PvE content unless serious boon removal is needed, and that is because they can still take banners with them.

>

> Axe DPS rotation is literally spam the none AA skills on recharge, spam F1 on Recharge, but NEVER interrupt an AA chain that has started since most of the DPS is within the AA chain.

>

> Not saying that MH Dagger is weak, its just better suited for sPvP. Again in Open World PvE, everything works, so run dagger/dagger to your heart's desire.

ty. but is the boon removal on dagger really means nothing in pve? and the cc there ?

> @"noiwk.2760" said:

> > >

> > > >

> > > > Arm/Disc/SpB would be HIGHLY aggressive.

> > > > Str/Def/SpB is HIGHLY Defensive, particularly with Mace/Shield in the other weapon set.

> > > > Str/Disc/SpB or Str/Arms/SpB are a mix of both offense and defense.

> > > >

> > > > If you run MMR, then run Forceful Greatsword anyway as you get 50% of the benefit regardless of whether you use a GS, and take several sources of might. If you don't (arms/disc/spb) then you want all the DPS you can take while still keeping might capped.

> > >

> > > axe in main hand is really that much dps than dagger main hand? even if we include the boon remove and all that?

> >

> > Axe AA Spam is one of the highest DPS things you can do on warrior sadly. There is a reason Spellbreakers are not taken in high end PvE content unless serious boon removal is needed, and that is because they can still take banners with them.

> >

> > Axe DPS rotation is literally spam the none AA skills on recharge, spam F1 on Recharge, but NEVER interrupt an AA chain that has started since most of the DPS is within the AA chain.

> >

> > Not saying that MH Dagger is weak, its just better suited for sPvP. Again in Open World PvE, everything works, so run dagger/dagger to your heart's desire.

>

> ty. but is the boon removal on dagger really means nothing in pve? and the cc there ?

There aren't that many, and when you do need it a hammer with a sigil of absorption or mace mace with said sigil is better. CC the best set is mace/mace hands down, but for OW PvE everything works, so play what floats your boat. Only elite pricks will say something untoward about it in PvE, and only then in raids or T4 FotM.

> > @"noiwk.2760" said:

> > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > @"noiwk.2760" said:

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Arm/Disc/SpB would be HIGHLY aggressive.

> > > > > Str/Def/SpB is HIGHLY Defensive, particularly with Mace/Shield in the other weapon set.

> > > > > Str/Disc/SpB or Str/Arms/SpB are a mix of both offense and defense.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you run MMR, then run Forceful Greatsword anyway as you get 50% of the benefit regardless of whether you use a GS, and take several sources of might. If you don't (arms/disc/spb) then you want all the DPS you can take while still keeping might capped.

> > > >

> > > > axe in main hand is really that much dps than dagger main hand? even if we include the boon remove and all that?

> > >

> > > Axe AA Spam is one of the highest DPS things you can do on warrior sadly. There is a reason Spellbreakers are not taken in high end PvE content unless serious boon removal is needed, and that is because they can still take banners with them.

> > >

> > > Axe DPS rotation is literally spam the none AA skills on recharge, spam F1 on Recharge, but NEVER interrupt an AA chain that has started since most of the DPS is within the AA chain.

> > >

> > > Not saying that MH Dagger is weak, its just better suited for sPvP. Again in Open World PvE, everything works, so run dagger/dagger to your heart's desire.

> >

> > ty. but is the boon removal on dagger really means nothing in pve? and the cc there ?

>

> There aren't that many, and when you do need it a hammer with a sigil of absorption or mace mace with said sigil is better. CC the best set is mace/mace hands down, but for OW PvE everything works, so play what floats your boat. Only elite kitten will say something untoward about it in PvE, and only then in raids or T4 FotM.

thanks.. last question pls if i may.. Sun and Moon really worth it? .. the thing is.. it seems to have too many limits and drawbacks.. (requrie high crit chance) and also.. require dagger in off hand.. while dagger in mainhand seems fairly decent and nice.. dagger off hand (4/5) seems really pale weak and trash compared to axe 4/5 in off hand..

i do believe they should balance it abit.. but overall in the current game state.. do the Sun and moon leech really worth it? (i mean worth having dagger in off hand) thank you.. i seem to really have hard time to find balance in sustain and right build for solo duo in open world. thing is GS i dont like.. it so slow and lock me in same place..

thanks !

> @"noiwk.2760" said:

> > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > @"noiwk.2760" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Arm/Disc/SpB would be HIGHLY aggressive.

> > > > > > Str/Def/SpB is HIGHLY Defensive, particularly with Mace/Shield in the other weapon set.

> > > > > > Str/Disc/SpB or Str/Arms/SpB are a mix of both offense and defense.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you run MMR, then run Forceful Greatsword anyway as you get 50% of the benefit regardless of whether you use a GS, and take several sources of might. If you don't (arms/disc/spb) then you want all the DPS you can take while still keeping might capped.

> > > > >

> > > > > axe in main hand is really that much dps than dagger main hand? even if we include the boon remove and all that?

> > > >

> > > > Axe AA Spam is one of the highest DPS things you can do on warrior sadly. There is a reason Spellbreakers are not taken in high end PvE content unless serious boon removal is needed, and that is because they can still take banners with them.

> > > >

> > > > Axe DPS rotation is literally spam the none AA skills on recharge, spam F1 on Recharge, but NEVER interrupt an AA chain that has started since most of the DPS is within the AA chain.

> > > >

> > > > Not saying that MH Dagger is weak, its just better suited for sPvP. Again in Open World PvE, everything works, so run dagger/dagger to your heart's desire.

> > >

> > > ty. but is the boon removal on dagger really means nothing in pve? and the cc there ?

> >

> > There aren't that many, and when you do need it a hammer with a sigil of absorption or mace mace with said sigil is better. CC the best set is mace/mace hands down, but for OW PvE everything works, so play what floats your boat. Only elite kitten will say something untoward about it in PvE, and only then in raids or T4 FotM.

>

> thanks.. last question pls if i may.. Sun and Moon really worth it? .. the thing is.. it seems to have too many limits and drawbacks.. (requrie high crit chance) and also.. require dagger in off hand.. while dagger in mainhand seems fairly decent and nice.. dagger off hand (4/5) seems really pale weak and trash compared to axe 4/5 in off hand..

> i do believe they should balance it abit.. but overall in the current game state.. do the Sun and moon leech really worth it? (i mean worth having dagger in off hand) thank you.. i seem to really have hard time to find balance in sustain and right build for solo duo in open world. thing is GS i dont like.. it so slow and lock me in same place..

> thanks !

As far as a DPS is concerned, yep OH axe is indeed better DPS. The life gain on crit is nice nice healing, and would replace another source.

Try this:

Str: bot-mid-mid

Tact: top-bot-any

Disc: mid-bot-top

Get a sigil of perception in you second weapon set, in your main set use a sigil of strength and sigil of accuracy. Use might gain on crit food. Ball up your enemies to maximize your hits. Use axe/axe. The might generation and dps should both kill quickly and keep your health up. If you want some in game help I’m on around 8pm est.

> > @"noiwk.2760" said:

> > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > > @"noiwk.2760" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Arm/Disc/SpB would be HIGHLY aggressive.

> > > > > > > Str/Def/SpB is HIGHLY Defensive, particularly with Mace/Shield in the other weapon set.

> > > > > > > Str/Disc/SpB or Str/Arms/SpB are a mix of both offense and defense.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you run MMR, then run Forceful Greatsword anyway as you get 50% of the benefit regardless of whether you use a GS, and take several sources of might. If you don't (arms/disc/spb) then you want all the DPS you can take while still keeping might capped.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > axe in main hand is really that much dps than dagger main hand? even if we include the boon remove and all that?

> > > > >

> > > > > Axe AA Spam is one of the highest DPS things you can do on warrior sadly. There is a reason Spellbreakers are not taken in high end PvE content unless serious boon removal is needed, and that is because they can still take banners with them.

> > > > >

> > > > > Axe DPS rotation is literally spam the none AA skills on recharge, spam F1 on Recharge, but NEVER interrupt an AA chain that has started since most of the DPS is within the AA chain.

> > > > >

> > > > > Not saying that MH Dagger is weak, its just better suited for sPvP. Again in Open World PvE, everything works, so run dagger/dagger to your heart's desire.

> > > >

> > > > ty. but is the boon removal on dagger really means nothing in pve? and the cc there ?

> > >

> > > There aren't that many, and when you do need it a hammer with a sigil of absorption or mace mace with said sigil is better. CC the best set is mace/mace hands down, but for OW PvE everything works, so play what floats your boat. Only elite kitten will say something untoward about it in PvE, and only then in raids or T4 FotM.

> >

> > thanks.. last question pls if i may.. Sun and Moon really worth it? .. the thing is.. it seems to have too many limits and drawbacks.. (requrie high crit chance) and also.. require dagger in off hand.. while dagger in mainhand seems fairly decent and nice.. dagger off hand (4/5) seems really pale weak and trash compared to axe 4/5 in off hand..

> > i do believe they should balance it abit.. but overall in the current game state.. do the Sun and moon leech really worth it? (i mean worth having dagger in off hand) thank you.. i seem to really have hard time to find balance in sustain and right build for solo duo in open world. thing is GS i dont like.. it so slow and lock me in same place..

> > thanks !

>

> As far as a DPS is concerned, yep OH axe is indeed better DPS. The life gain on crit is nice nice healing, and would replace another source.

>

> Try this:

> Str: bot-mid-mid

> Tact: top-bot-any

> Disc: mid-bot-top

>

> Get a sigil of perception in you second weapon set, in your main set use a sigil of strength and sigil of accuracy. Use might gain on crit food. Ball up your enemies to maximize your hits. Use axe/axe. The might generation and dps should both kill quickly and keep your health up. If you want some in game help I’m on around 8pm est.

I want to point out that axe 4 gives quickness and is usually enough in pve.

> > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > @"noiwk.2760" said:

> > > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > > > @"noiwk.2760" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Arm/Disc/SpB would be HIGHLY aggressive.

> > > > > > > > Str/Def/SpB is HIGHLY Defensive, particularly with Mace/Shield in the other weapon set.

> > > > > > > > Str/Disc/SpB or Str/Arms/SpB are a mix of both offense and defense.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If you run MMR, then run Forceful Greatsword anyway as you get 50% of the benefit regardless of whether you use a GS, and take several sources of might. If you don't (arms/disc/spb) then you want all the DPS you can take while still keeping might capped.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > axe in main hand is really that much dps than dagger main hand? even if we include the boon remove and all that?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Axe AA Spam is one of the highest DPS things you can do on warrior sadly. There is a reason Spellbreakers are not taken in high end PvE content unless serious boon removal is needed, and that is because they can still take banners with them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Axe DPS rotation is literally spam the none AA skills on recharge, spam F1 on Recharge, but NEVER interrupt an AA chain that has started since most of the DPS is within the AA chain.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not saying that MH Dagger is weak, its just better suited for sPvP. Again in Open World PvE, everything works, so run dagger/dagger to your heart's desire.

> > > > >

> > > > > ty. but is the boon removal on dagger really means nothing in pve? and the cc there ?

> > > >

> > > > There aren't that many, and when you do need it a hammer with a sigil of absorption or mace mace with said sigil is better. CC the best set is mace/mace hands down, but for OW PvE everything works, so play what floats your boat. Only elite kitten will say something untoward about it in PvE, and only then in raids or T4 FotM.

> > >

> > > thanks.. last question pls if i may.. Sun and Moon really worth it? .. the thing is.. it seems to have too many limits and drawbacks.. (requrie high crit chance) and also.. require dagger in off hand.. while dagger in mainhand seems fairly decent and nice.. dagger off hand (4/5) seems really pale weak and trash compared to axe 4/5 in off hand..

> > > i do believe they should balance it abit.. but overall in the current game state.. do the Sun and moon leech really worth it? (i mean worth having dagger in off hand) thank you.. i seem to really have hard time to find balance in sustain and right build for solo duo in open world. thing is GS i dont like.. it so slow and lock me in same place..

> > > thanks !

> >

> > As far as a DPS is concerned, yep OH axe is indeed better DPS. The life gain on crit is nice nice healing, and would replace another source.

> >

> > Try this:

> > Str: bot-mid-mid

> > Tact: top-bot-any

> > Disc: mid-bot-top

> >

> > Get a sigil of perception in you second weapon set, in your main set use a sigil of strength and sigil of accuracy. Use might gain on crit food. Ball up your enemies to maximize your hits. Use axe/axe. The might generation and dps should both kill quickly and keep your health up. If you want some in game help I’m on around 8pm est.

>

> I want to point out that axe 4 gives quickness and is usually enough in pve.

thing is.. i like spell breaker. and i dont wanna stick to core.. i love full counter. and i wanna practice being a spell breaker.. ill be honest my aim is later on get better and even do pvp. but the current balance is trash.. i love fractals but again balance is trash..

but yeah.. i prefer stick to spell breaker and im looking for the right build for spell breaker that doesnt use GS cause i dont like GS.. its too slow.. and it doesnt feel smooth

maybe in a party with quickness.. but i wonder if i should get sustain elsewhere and give up the dagger on offhand.. or its worth keep dagger in offhand so i have more sustain / get less sustain in lines.. please try help me think of spell breaker build .. that doesnt use GS. i tried axe/dagger + dagger axe.. its nice.. but 0 break bar

i tried arms instead of dis but 10 second cd on swap is like.. wowo..... thanks alot !

> @"noiwk.2760" said:

> > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > > @"noiwk.2760" said:

> > > > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > > > > @"noiwk.2760" said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Arm/Disc/SpB would be HIGHLY aggressive.

> > > > > > > > > Str/Def/SpB is HIGHLY Defensive, particularly with Mace/Shield in the other weapon set.

> > > > > > > > > Str/Disc/SpB or Str/Arms/SpB are a mix of both offense and defense.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If you run MMR, then run Forceful Greatsword anyway as you get 50% of the benefit regardless of whether you use a GS, and take several sources of might. If you don't (arms/disc/spb) then you want all the DPS you can take while still keeping might capped.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > axe in main hand is really that much dps than dagger main hand? even if we include the boon remove and all that?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Axe AA Spam is one of the highest DPS things you can do on warrior sadly. There is a reason Spellbreakers are not taken in high end PvE content unless serious boon removal is needed, and that is because they can still take banners with them.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Axe DPS rotation is literally spam the none AA skills on recharge, spam F1 on Recharge, but NEVER interrupt an AA chain that has started since most of the DPS is within the AA chain.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Not saying that MH Dagger is weak, its just better suited for sPvP. Again in Open World PvE, everything works, so run dagger/dagger to your heart's desire.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ty. but is the boon removal on dagger really means nothing in pve? and the cc there ?

> > > > >

> > > > > There aren't that many, and when you do need it a hammer with a sigil of absorption or mace mace with said sigil is better. CC the best set is mace/mace hands down, but for OW PvE everything works, so play what floats your boat. Only elite kitten will say something untoward about it in PvE, and only then in raids or T4 FotM.

> > > >

> > > > thanks.. last question pls if i may.. Sun and Moon really worth it? .. the thing is.. it seems to have too many limits and drawbacks.. (requrie high crit chance) and also.. require dagger in off hand.. while dagger in mainhand seems fairly decent and nice.. dagger off hand (4/5) seems really pale weak and trash compared to axe 4/5 in off hand..

> > > > i do believe they should balance it abit.. but overall in the current game state.. do the Sun and moon leech really worth it? (i mean worth having dagger in off hand) thank you.. i seem to really have hard time to find balance in sustain and right build for solo duo in open world. thing is GS i dont like.. it so slow and lock me in same place..

> > > > thanks !

> > >

> > > As far as a DPS is concerned, yep OH axe is indeed better DPS. The life gain on crit is nice nice healing, and would replace another source.

> > >

> > > Try this:

> > > Str: bot-mid-mid

> > > Tact: top-bot-any

> > > Disc: mid-bot-top

> > >

> > > Get a sigil of perception in you second weapon set, in your main set use a sigil of strength and sigil of accuracy. Use might gain on crit food. Ball up your enemies to maximize your hits. Use axe/axe. The might generation and dps should both kill quickly and keep your health up. If you want some in game help I’m on around 8pm est.

> >

> > I want to point out that axe 4 gives quickness and is usually enough in pve.

>

> thing is.. i like spell breaker. and i dont wanna stick to core.. i love full counter. and i wanna practice being a spell breaker.. ill be honest my aim is later on get better and even do pvp. but the current balance is trash.. i love fractals but again balance is trash..

> but yeah.. i prefer stick to spell breaker and im looking for the right build for spell breaker that doesnt use GS cause i dont like GS.. its too slow.. and it doesnt feel smooth

> maybe in a party with quickness.. but i wonder if i should get sustain elsewhere and give up the dagger on offhand.. or its worth keep dagger in offhand so i have more sustain / get less sustain in lines.. please try help me think of spell breaker build .. that doesnt use GS. i tried axe/dagger + dagger axe.. its nice.. but 0 break bar

> i tried arms instead of dis but 10 second cd on swap is like.. wowo..... thanks alot !

Well try str/Disc/spb.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAciJlJwuYHsJGKOWXeveA-zRJYiRHfpEYBkYC0dIEeEo20YgZAA-e

That has cc, heal on might, lots of might, and healing thru oh dagger. Use Dagger 4 after a FC or other CC not before. Honestly in PvE the FC with dagger OH and S&M will keep you alive pretty well.

> Try this:

> Str: bot-mid-mid

> Tact: top-bot-any

> Disc: mid-bot-top

For me personally, bin off Disc, go for spellbreaker.

STR BOT-MID-TOP

TAC TOP-BOT-BOT

SPEL TOP-MID-BOT OR DISC MID-BOT-TOP

(second option BOT if you run dagger offhand, but you will be better with axe in offhand ( yes i am aware you can get more damage from AXE AXE if you go for STR TAC DISC)

in groups of 10 this provides more than enough healing from the minor trait alone with no need for MMR. Plus you beaf up everyone else a bit.

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

>

> > Try this:

> > Str: bot-mid-mid

> > Tact: top-bot-any

> > Disc: mid-bot-top

>

>

> For me personally, bin off Disc, go for spellbreaker.

>

> STR BOT-MID-TOP

> TAC TOP-MID-BOT

> SPEL TOP-MID-BOT OR DISC MID-BOT-TOP

>

> (second option BOT if you run dagger offhand, but you will be better with axe in offhand ( yes i am aware you can get more damage from AXE AXE if you go for STR TAC DISC)

>

> in groups of 10 this provides more than enough healing from the minor trait alone with no need for MMR. Plus you beaf up everyone else a bit.

>

>

interesting, but can you please explain tactic for me plese? never played tactic and im not sure i know how it works or why its good? just look at traits tactic doesnt seem so good ?

> @"noiwk.2760" said:

> ty. but is the boon removal on dagger really means nothing in pve? and the cc there ?

Boons are very rare in pve, although post-PoF mobs do tend to have boons more often. Still boons generally don't mean a thing when mobs die so quickly. The only ones that are annoying enough to care are retaliation and protection. However, spellbreaker has a minor that removes a boon whenever you disable a foe, so you can use mace for boon removal (and you find yourself carrying a mace for breakbars anyway), Bull's Rush/Stomp/Kick and of course Full Counter if possible.

You have 2 weapon sets, so even if you are attached to dagger, you can still use different weapons. I use Sun and Moon too, but also Axe Mastery, so I use Axe/Dagger on one set, and the other set is X/Axe. X can be either mace or dagger. Both have CC on 3, but mace has one more on F1. Dagger has better autos, but with Fast Hands, you don't really care, as by the time you finish Axe 5, you can swap back to MH axe again.