why are a pair of 12 lv inquest technians kicking my nerfed lv 28 's butt?

Maybe you are undergeared. Scaling down is a joke for Max level, fully decked builds, but if one is leveling up, having a messy assortment of gears and then getting scaled down could result in content being even harder than higher level stuff. Just my theory.

Though, generally speaking, it's harder to go undergeared if one does the personal story, as the rewards do a good job of keeping the character properly geared while levelling.

Are you aware of down-scaling? In this game if you're above the intended level for an area your stats will be reduced to be comparable with the intended level (but you'll still get XP and rewards appropriate for your actual level). This has the advantage that you'll never out-level an area and the entire game remains available to play even at level 80, but it does also mean you'll never reach a point where you can effortlessly kill everything around you just because you're so many levels above them.

Down-levelled characters still have an advantage over genuinely low level ones because you keep access to all your skills and traits, and each stat on your equipment is reduced individually, so a character wearing armour with bonuses to 2, 3 or 4 stats downscaled to level 10 (for example) will have more stats than a genuine level 10 character with armour that only boosts 1 stat.

So down-scaling shouldn't ever make it harder to beat enemies, but I know it can catch people out, if they're expecting an easy fight because of their level and don't make an effort because they don't think it matters they can end up being killed.

Other than that it's probably as Skotlex said that your equipment is well below your actual level, so you're stats are not as good as they should be. Or, considering it was Inquest you were fighting they might have spawned a bunch of turrets, or you were in a lab and there were environmental turrets attacking you (or both) and you just got overwhelmed, which can happen at any level.

You fell victim to ASURAN **POWAAAAAAAAAH**

When I first played this game I found the down scaling to be extremely frustrating. If you're new you don't have good gear or a good way to get good gear without breaking your bank and that means getting downscaled getting pwned by lot level stuff.

At max level it does benefit you by keeping the entire world rewarding and with max level characters can pwn anything lower level.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> Are you aware of down-scaling? In this game if you're above the intended level for an area your stats will be reduced to be comparable with the intended level (but you'll still get XP and rewards appropriate for your actual level). This has the advantage that you'll never out-level an area and the entire game remains available to play even at level 80, but it does also mean you'll never reach a point where you can effortlessly kill everything around you just because you're so many levels above them.

>

> Down-levelled characters still have an advantage over genuinely low level ones because you keep access to all your skills and traits, and each stat on your equipment is reduced individually, so a character wearing armour with bonuses to 2, 3 or 4 stats downscaled to level 10 (for example) will have more stats than a genuine level 10 character with armour that only boosts 1 stat.

>

> So down-scaling shouldn't ever make it harder to beat enemies, but I know it can catch people out, if they're expecting an easy fight because of their level and don't make an effort because they don't think it matters they can end up being killed.

>

> Other than that it's probably as Skotlex said that your equipment is well below your actual level, so you're stats are not as good as they should be. Or, considering it was Inquest you were fighting they might have spawned a bunch of turrets, or you were in a lab and there were environmental turrets attacking you (or both) and you just got overwhelmed, which can happen at any level.

Yes I took that into consideration when I posted my question I was still 1 lv above them, does the program also down-scale you equipment ? and do your defensive skills disappear?