Horrible change in last patch

Hoping this is a bug but who knows.

Before the patch, if you had a stack of an item in a bag that didn't move when compacted and that bag was at the end of your inventory.

When you used the compact function and had a second stack in a bag that was above it in the inventory, it would fill up the stacks in the order they were on your inventory.

For example

My bags could be

Bag slot 1: Generic 20 slot bag

This bag has 1 stack of bloodstone dust, this stack has 10 dust, it is in slot 1

Bag slot 2: 20 Slot invisible bag

This bag has 1 stack of bloodstone dust, this stack has 250 first, it is on the bag's first slot

Before the patch, compacting would have resulted in the bloodstone dust stack in bag 1 having 250 dust, and the stack in bag 2 having 10, with neither of the stacks changing their places. This was good.

After the patch, nothing happens. This is really awful.

This is a horrible horrible change, I will probably need to spend 2 or 3 times as much time on inventory management as before.

Just revert this, there's no actual upside to this change.

Except for balance changes (which I obviously care about more) I don't think any change in any patch, in any game, has tilted me this hard.

The previous system worked flawlessly

> @"lodjur.1284" said:

> Hoping this is a bug but who knows.

>

> Before the patch, if you had a stack of an item in a bag that didn't move when compacted and that bag was at the end of your inventory.

>

> When you used the compact function and had a second stack in a bag that was above it in the inventory, it would fill up the stacks in the order they were on your inventory.

>

>

> For example

> My bags could be

> Bag slot 1: Generic 20 slot bag

> This bag has 1 stack of bloodstone dust, this stack has 10 dust, it is in slot 1

> Bag slot 2: 20 Slot invisible bag

> This bag has 1 stack of bloodstone dust, this stack has 250 first, it is on the bag's first slot

>

>

> Before the patch, compacting would have resulted in the bloodstone dust stack in bag 1 having 250 dust, and the stack in bag 2 having 10, with neither of the stacks changing their places. This was good.

>

> After the patch, nothing happens. This is really awful.

>

> This is a horrible horrible change, I will probably need to spend 2 or 3 times as much time on inventory management as before.

>

> Just revert this, there's no actual upside to this change.

>

>

> Except for balance changes (which I obviously care about more) I don't think any change in any patch, in any game, has tilted me this hard.

>

> The previous system worked flawlessly

As said in your other thread it was a bug, everything in invisible bags should be untouched when useing compact so it got fixed and is working as it should now.