About tacO

I think it should be fine but as far as I heard there was a banwave in some year right after SAB (I think) for people who were using TaCo and an outrage that a patch had installed "spyware" on people systems.

I'd use anything with caution for this case. Howver I think it's fine now to use it.

> @"Cynder.2509" said:

> I heard there was a banwave in some year right after SAB (I think) for people who were using TaCo

You heard wrong. There was a banwave for people using specific cheatware. Some of those were also using TaCo and tried to obfuscate the issue.

> @"Cynder.2509" said:

> I think it should be fine but as far as I heard there was a banwave in some year right after SAB (I think) for people who were using TaCo and an outrage that a patch had installed "spyware" on people systems.

> I'd use anything with caution for this case. Howver I think it's fine now to use it.

So why do they promote taco on official gw2 page when it is illegal? I’m sure its fine (look my post above with screenshot)

As giuldward2 expert I can say that you can use it.

Ofc on slow pc you have trouble, it eat more resources and you feel some slow. If yours pc not 7+ years old - it is ok.

for all other addon keep simple rule - if you not modify guildwars2 files - 99.9999% is is ok.

If you modify guildwars2 files - is is 100% non permitted.

Also keep attention that sideoffmodified arcdps version with pathed equpment template non permitted, only default arcdps files is permitted.

Personally I have an issue with it not being officially allowed. (Only vague statements from ArenaNet that allow for them to change their opinion later and just ban if they wanted to do so.) I don't know how it is with other MMORPG. But I'd love to see if the game was more moddable and if certain stuff was officially allowed. But I guess GW2 wasn't made for that.

The TACO thing not giving any real advantage (like someone explained you could just tab out to a browser/video or have a 2nd screen ... it helps more for convenience and people that don't have a 2nd screen) makes it seem low risk to me t hough. Still I'm a bit afraid that in the background stuff migh thappen (with updates/patches) where ArenaNet might think it is not okay to use it. I played tons of hours at my account and I want a 0 percent risk. Not a low risk like 0.xxxxxx1 percent or so.

But with tribulation mode in SAB and the skins that require to farm it a lot 'm a bit tempted as well to try TACO, tbh.

(I am already using for GW1 a cartographer mod where it seemed impossible to get the titles without these and when I started to go for GW1 last year I first was against it. But since GW1 is older and "maintenance" mode only I feel more comfortable with using such tools there.)