Currencies & Repeatable Hearts

> @"yoni.7015" said:

> It takes less than 5 minutes to do a heart ...

Some hearts are less fun and/or take longer than others. I know that there are a few hearts in LS3/PoF/LS4 feel really REALLY slow to complete, and I wouldn't be too happy if I were to have to go back and complete them.

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > @"yoni.7015" said:

> > It takes less than 5 minutes to do a heart ...

>

> Some hearts are less fun and/or take longer than others. I know that there are a few hearts in LS3/PoF/LS4 feel really REALLY slow to complete, and I wouldn't be too happy if I were to have to go back and complete them.

i have issues mapping those regions due to this. ive done it three times and further times just..its to painful, alot of those hearts seem to be made be done when events are up too and if you arent on the map while events are running, GL.

Ice shards are incredibly easily earned while doing the latest two episodes.

For instance just from doing one strike, and jumping around the map, I got roughly 300. For karma and ice shards, you can buy season 4 currency. To my knowledge there is no limit. I recently exchanged 1500 ice shards to get the Dragonfall motes.

I kind of understand the reasoning behind locking currencies, since the hearts are an alternative or addition to gathering the stuff yourself, but there are also crafting materials for cooking that are locked behind the hearts where you do not have the alternative option of just gathering if you don't like doing the hearts.

If I want to buy Bottles of Coconut Milk I not only have to spend Diflourite Crystals on them and some karma, I also have to complete one of the most tedious hearts in the game in the Sandswept Isles.

Please ANet, either give us an alternative method of acquisition or make the vendors unlock permanently after completing the heart once for crafting stuff.

> @"Roche.7491" said:

> I suggest customers should have access to vendor for those repeatable hearts. It made me quit skyscale progression knowing I will need to redo the heart again just to access the vendor.

>

> Also I suggest to increase the max daily cap for currencies. This cheapens the game, make it look like ios/android app style games.

> @"BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372" said:

> I kind of understand the reasoning behind locking currencies, since the hearts are an alternative or addition to gathering the stuff yourself, but there are also crafting materials for cooking that are locked behind the hearts where you do not have the alternative option of just gathering if you don't like doing the hearts.

> If I want to buy Bottles of Coconut Milk I not only have to spend Diflourite Crystals on them and some karma, I also have to complete one of the most tedious hearts in the game in the Sandswept Isles.

> Please ANet, either give us an alternative method of acquisition or make the vendors unlock permanently after completing the heart once for crafting stuff.

If you unlock the vendor after doing the Heart then what's the incentive for repeating the Heart? Hearts were made repeatable for a reason.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"Roche.7491" said:

> > I suggest customers should have access to vendor for those repeatable hearts. It made me quit skyscale progression knowing I will need to redo the heart again just to access the vendor.

> >

> > Also I suggest to increase the max daily cap for currencies. This cheapens the game, make it look like ios/android app style games.

>

> > @"BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372" said:

> > I kind of understand the reasoning behind locking currencies, since the hearts are an alternative or addition to gathering the stuff yourself, but there are also crafting materials for cooking that are locked behind the hearts where you do not have the alternative option of just gathering if you don't like doing the hearts.

> > If I want to buy Bottles of Coconut Milk I not only have to spend Diflourite Crystals on them and some karma, I also have to complete one of the most tedious hearts in the game in the Sandswept Isles.

> > Please ANet, either give us an alternative method of acquisition or make the vendors unlock permanently after completing the heart once for crafting stuff.

>

> If you unlock the vendor after doing the Heart then what's the incentive for repeating the Heart? Hearts were made repeatable for a reason.

You mean how they work in the base game?? so glad the new collections they added in the Visions of the Past didnt require any heart vendors in POF, or LS4. Being able to go buy the item i needed right off the bat was so nice, i miss that.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> If you unlock the vendor after doing the Heart then what's the incentive for repeating the Heart? Hearts were made repeatable for a reason.

I would like hearts being repeatable to be optional. If players want to repeat them for whatever reason, then they may do so whereas other players who need to visit a vendor just to purchase something for crafting shouldn't be forced to re-do the heart quest just to unlock the vendor.