Bonuses Synching with Achievements

I know the first thing people will say is this is an example of "power creep," but hear me out anyway because it's too late to roll them out anyway.

After GW:EN came out for GW1, we got a taste of achievement synching. Displaying the Asura title raised Energy level, Ebon Vanguard gave bonuses vs Charr, etc.

Imagine if Titles in GW2 gave corresponding bonuses:

* Map completion in a region +5% movement to show you know your way around, World Completion +10% movement

* maxed kills with a weapon +1% to +5% damage when using that weapon; you are a master of that weapon

* maxed kills of a monster (race) +5% to +10% damage; you know where their weaknesses are

* maxed Magic find; you know where find to the best stuff

... and so on.

None of these bonuses are stacking with each other because you can only display one title.

I was gonna write a big long post and break this down, but I realized this kind of thing already exists in the form of masteries, magic find, traits, buffs, foods, gear upgrades (sigils, etc.) and utilities.

Masteries (and such) don't seem to have destroyed the game, but every addition of further bonuses would make it a little harder for devs to gauge the proper amount of challenge to have in any future content they release because it makes it harder to figure out what kind of power the average player has access to. Aside from balance, I see no glaring problems with what the OP wants; It's already happening in other ways.

A better question, I suppose, is why you think it would be necessary. What does it add that can't already be gotten in those other ways?

Ehh...

If there were tangible benefits for completing achievements, I'd rather they have more gameplay depth than "X% passive increase in stats"

I.e. Like how as you get HoT Masteries, you attain more map mobility because you can use more stuff (Mushrooms, Glider, tunnels etc)

Examples would be stuff like;

Zone completion = You can see active events on the map.

World completion = You can see world event timers and/or get notified of an event spawn irregardless of your current zone.

Weapon Mastery = You get an item redeemable for a Legendary precursor collection

Enemy Slayer = Increases Kill Streak exp rewards for that enemy type

One of the strongest points of this game is and always has been that you don't have to spend tons of time preparing to have fun. The game is set up so that your characters achieve their max stats and abilities moderately quickly, with additional characters being even more quicker to reach their max.

Additional account or character bonusses to combat strength, especially if attached to the more grindy achievements like moster or weapon kills, are the polar opposite: you have to grind very specific achievements to get to max numbers. That's a clear definition of "preparing to have fun" rather than "playing what's fun", something this game certainly does **not** need.

I'd only be ok with speed boosts associated with titles if it only applied when you have that title displayed, so I could turn it off.

I know this will sound crazy to some people but I don't want my character moving as fast as possible at all times. Sometimes I want to take my time and explore, and more importantly sometimes I want to do things like jumping puzzles where precise movement is more important than speed and being stuck with a speed boost in those situations is really annoying. I already wish I could turn off the Pact Mentor boost in cities sometimes. It's made that long jumping puzzle in LA far more difficult than it should be, which is a shame because I like that one.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I'd only be ok with speed boosts associated with titles if it only applied when you have that title displayed, so I could turn it off.

>

> I know this will sound crazy to some people but I don't want my character moving as fast as possible at all times. Sometimes I want to take my time and explore, and more importantly sometimes I want to do things like jumping puzzles where precise movement is more important than speed and being stuck with a speed boost in those situations is really annoying. I already wish I could turn off the Pact Mentor boost in cities sometimes. It's made that long jumping puzzle in LA far more difficult than it should be, which is a shame because I like that one.

That’s why I ignored the swimming infusion. I like the default exploring speed