Insane skill lag in EU WvW!! - Help us get a response from the devs!!

RyuDun.7489

> @"enkidu.5937" said:

> > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > The aged old question: do you fix the underlying problem (programming) or do you throw more and more resources at it (modify server load balancing) until the problem goes away?

>

>

> and

>

>

>

Guild Wars is irrelevant to Guild Wars 2.

Yesterday evening 3 Zergs inside Bay and my Arc Dps opened a new window with "Error: Combat Area queue overload" and it counted the error rapidly upwards to 4000~

When I teleported back to spawn the counter stopped. So I went back through camp to bay and the error counter rapidly started counting again towards the 6000~ errors.

I took screenshots but unfortunately the ingame screenshot function only records GW2 and not ArcDps. Next time i use external screenshot tool or record video.

I think is something of configuration and server power. The game wants to handle the player actions but too much and overflow.

> @"Deniara Devious.3948" said:

> Especially problematic are skills which affect 5-10 allies/enemies at same time. Basically I am talking about AoE boon application, AoE attacks. Conditions require much more computations vs direct attacks. If conditions are cleansed quickly, there is less to compute. Huge boon and condition stacks is basically what brings the servers to a halt. Clients start dropping out and the lag becomes unbearable.

> This is not just a programmer issue, but partly because of failed game design. Mass boon application (boons applied to not just yourself, but also your allies) and AoE conditions should be toned down. Many players will cry, because over the years they are used to this kind of meta, but maybe shifting the meta would do healthy things to a game? I don't think it is healthy to see enemy players in a blob and have almost every boon in the game on them. Then everybody is just spamming 1111, because besides auto attack almost no other skills work reliably. This just promotes bad player and let the bigger blobs have advantage to win.

It was all good back in core, but suddenly, AoE(power, heals and condi) and Boons was everywhere, all you see now are red circles and enemies with all the boons of the world and instant heal to full.

Back in the days, you heals by blasting water fields, now you have healer FB, healer Tempest, healer Scrapper.

Water field? What's that?

IMO It's a bad choice abandoning the idea of field + finisher and went all in with AoE.

> @"Deniara Devious.3948" said:

> I teach game programming and design and I am almost certain that it is server capacity issue.

>

> Everytime when there is blob vs blob fight the server needs to do enormous amount of computation. The amount of calculations done increases if it is a 3-way fight.

>

> Especially problematic are skills which affect 5-10 allies/enemies at same time. Basically I am talking about AoE boon application, AoE attacks. Conditions require much more computations vs direct attacks. If conditions are cleansed quickly, there is less to compute. Huge boon and condition stacks is basically what brings the servers to a halt. Clients start dropping out and the lag becomes unbearable.

>

> **This is not just a programmer issue, but partly because of failed game design. Mass boon application (boons applied to not just yourself, but also your allies) and AoE conditions should be toned down. Many players will cry, because over the years they are used to this kind of meta, but maybe shifting the meta would do healthy things to a game? I don't think it is healthy to see enemy players in a blob and have almost every boon in the game on them. Then everybody is just spamming 1111, because besides auto attack almost no other skills work reliably. This just promotes bad player and let the bigger blobs have advantage to win.**

>

> Now the standard setup what most squads use is at least 1 guardian and 1 necro per 5 man group, but seeing even more guardians and necros in blobs is not unusual. In some cases these two professions alone make half of the zerg! The amount of boon spam and condition spam is just ridiculous. Arenanet has for years refused to properly nerf the overused builds and the WvWvW skill "balance" is still mostly centered around spvp.

>

Removing scourge and toning down FB is the way to go. Fix the power creep. I am all for it.

> @"Ghostof Luzifer.6159" said:

> > @"Deniara Devious.3948" said:

> > I teach game programming and design and I am almost certain that it is server capacity issue.

> >

> > Everytime when there is blob vs blob fight the server needs to do enormous amount of computation. The amount of calculations done increases if it is a 3-way fight.

> >

> > Especially problematic are skills which affect 5-10 allies/enemies at same time. Basically I am talking about AoE boon application, AoE attacks. Conditions require much more computations vs direct attacks. If conditions are cleansed quickly, there is less to compute. Huge boon and condition stacks is basically what brings the servers to a halt. Clients start dropping out and the lag becomes unbearable.

> >

> > **This is not just a programmer issue, but partly because of failed game design. Mass boon application (boons applied to not just yourself, but also your allies) and AoE conditions should be toned down. Many players will cry, because over the years they are used to this kind of meta, but maybe shifting the meta would do healthy things to a game? I don't think it is healthy to see enemy players in a blob and have almost every boon in the game on them. Then everybody is just spamming 1111, because besides auto attack almost no other skills work reliably. This just promotes bad player and let the bigger blobs have advantage to win.**

> >

> > Now the standard setup what most squads use is at least 1 guardian and 1 necro per 5 man group, but seeing even more guardians and necros in blobs is not unusual. In some cases these two professions alone make half of the zerg! The amount of boon spam and condition spam is just ridiculous. Arenanet has for years refused to properly nerf the overused builds and the WvWvW skill "balance" is still mostly centered around spvp.

> >

>

> Removing scourge and toning down FB is the way to go. Fix the power creep. I am all for it.

O.o;; nuu my children. Fb scourge