Unwritten Patch Note Changes

Zero Solstice.9754

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Robert Gee.9246" said:

> > @"Zero Solstice.9754" said:

> > Hey guys, here's a list of changes that were not included in the patch notes:

> >

> > Manifest Sand Shade: Sand shade duration was reduced from 20 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW only.

> > Nefarious Favor: The cooldown of this skill was increased from 5 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW only.

> >

> > Edit: Sand Flare now also properly functions as a heal skill for related runes and traits.

>

> Update notes have various cutoff points for our localization/editing team so sometimes even though an update will make it into the final build the notes will be delayed a bit due to the localization being processed in batches. Balance adjustments and important bugfixes sometimes come in after this cutoff point so please be sure to check the release notes once they are updated.

That's a dumb way of doing things. Post it in english, post the other languages later if necessary from those batches. Worst case scenario is people have to use google translate.

The scourge is still really, really strong. The volume of boonstrip, barrier, might and condition clear the class puts out remains untouched - and even if the DPS has dropped by 20% the fact that it hits 10 targets still makes it an exceptionally strong DPS class in Fractals, PvE, WvW etc..

I feel some of the more apocalyptic statements here are an overreaction.

Actually Dhuumfire no longer procs at all for Desert Shroud, or any of the shoud ability 1 traits because it no longer hits. They quite literally disabled the "Shade Strike" from Desert Shroud.

Edit. also the first trait from Spite (Might on Shroud 1) only grants might when you manifest a shade. 1 STACK of might on manifest

so. its bug ????? or it is intentionally done ?

> @folk.8190 said:

> Actually Dhuumfire no longer procs at all for Desert Shroud, or any of the shoud ability 1 traits because it no longer hits. They quite literally disabled the "Shade Strike" from Desert Shroud.

> Edit. also the first trait from Spite (Might on Shroud 1) only grants might when you manifest a shade. 1 STACK of might on manifest

> so. its bug ????? or it is intentionally done ?

so instead of getting an auto attack on shade skills, our auto attack is F1 for all shroud 1 skills, meaning that we only get an attack every 15 seconds, making scourge almost useless for an "elite" spec. seems like giving up shroud for f1-f5 skills could be worked into core necro if this is gonna be how it works from now on

> @"Professor Sprout.1560" said:

> The scourge is still really, really strong. The volume of boonstrip, barrier, might and condition clear the class puts out remains untouched - and even if the DPS has dropped by 20% the fact that it hits 10 targets still makes it an exceptionally strong DPS class in Fractals, PvE, WvW etc..

But it's not an exceptionally strong DPS class in Fractals, PVE, etc.

Especially not now. Did you even do that content before? :/

>It shows how bad many of these Scourge players are now that an UNINTENDED issue has been fixed, suddenly they cant play it.

No, actually it just shows that the spec is not performing well, and is doing subpar damage. You can be as good as you want, if the class is not capable of outputting suitable damage, then it is simply not a good class for damage.

Right now, I can do more damage on my cPS warrior with a much simpler playstyle. Who does better support at the same time.

> > Hey guys, here's a list of changes that were not included in the patch notes:

> >

> > Manifest Sand Shade: Sand shade duration was reduced from 20 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW only.

> > Nefarious Favor: The cooldown of this skill was increased from 5 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW only.

> >

> > Edit: Sand Flare now also properly functions as a heal skill for related runes and traits.

>

> Update notes have various cutoff points for our localization/editing team so sometimes even though an update will make it into the final build the notes will be delayed a bit due to the localization being processed in batches. Balance adjustments and important bugfixes sometimes come in after this cutoff point so please be sure to check the release notes once they are updated.

Scourge was nerfed pre PoF launch, considering this bug.

Now the bug was fixed, but the nerfs remain.

Way to go! Anet.

I found a GW2 reddit post about [undocumented Scourge nerfs](

"undocumented Scourge nerfs").

Nefarious Favor now has a 8s CD, up from 5s (WvW/PvP only)

Manifest Sand Shade now has a 10s duration, down from 20s (WvW/PvP only)

Dhuumfire no longer pulses on each tick of Desert Shroud, once on cast only (All modes)

Aside from nerf being too extreme, why is it not announced?

I don't get why some players still defend this... Ok, it wasn't intended, i get that. That is no reason to give us alot less dps then other classes have. People like that are a huge part of problems like this imo. I can imagine anet: "Some ppl are ok with it so we did great!" Test it for yourself. Anyway, since we won't get back the way it was for weeks, i gess it's either a break or back to reaper. To conclude i can now say i'm "happy" i didn't buy the pof ultimate edition :( .

> @Zefiris.8297 said:

> No, actually it just shows that the spec is not performing well, and is doing subpar damage. You can be as good as you want, if the class is not capable of outputting suitable damage, then it is simply not a good class for damage.

>

> Right now, I can do more damage on my cPS warrior with a much simpler playstyle. Who does better support at the same time.

It shows that it was OVER performing. It was a bug, it was a mess for PvP and WvW and made them insanely over powered. It shows just how broken that bug was. Now this BUG has been fixed, they can look at adjusting skills and such. Crying out that its been nerfed into the ground for a BUG getting fixed is over the top. It was ALWAYS going to be nerfed. It was insanely broken. Instant cast. Insane condi application.

You think Scourge is bad!? Check Soulbeast out. It has whole trait lines that are riddled with bugs and issues, it has skills, utilities and Elites that have limited to NO use with the new added mechanic Lol.

> @Horan.7013 said:

> I found a GW2 reddit post about [undocumented Scourge nerfs](

"undocumented Scourge nerfs").

>

> Nefarious Favor now has a 8s CD, up from 5s (WvW/PvP only)

> Manifest Sand Shade now has a 10s duration, down from 20s (WvW/PvP only)

> Dhuumfire no longer pulses on each tick of Desert Shroud, once on cast only (All modes)

>

> Aside from nerf being too extreme, why is it not announced?

>

They ran out of time to make the patch notes and stuff was left off the list

> @"Professor Sprout.1560" said:

> The scourge is still really, really strong. The volume of boonstrip, barrier, might and condition clear the class puts out remains untouched - and even if the DPS has dropped by 20% the fact that it hits 10 targets still makes it an exceptionally strong DPS class in Fractals, PvE, WvW etc..

>

> I feel some of the more apocalyptic statements here are an overreaction.

condi clear? barrier? boon strip? do you even play high level pve?

no one cares about barrier (yet, i'm hoping)

boons get burst through or stripped by a chrono, who brings soooooooo many more party buffs

EVERYONE can self heal and dodge, so unless an undodgeable, unblockable attack pulses out condi, everyone else ignores condi's

kill it before it kills you - the faster you dps the less you have to heal yourself the less you need any defense

ok sure, i have full harrier for fractals, i can put out barriers and heal with blood magic ..... its not that good. It gets out shined by druid (obviously) which also brings a lot more party buffs (GoTL) and even a healing temepest who does does more small healing, more consistant than scourge and our best "heal" is based around a 7 second delay that you have to time perfectly to get the best benifit, oh and it only happens right around you. Forget about healing at range, on demand, or even getting any kind of water field

aka, necro is poor support, and now is only meh damag beaten out by so many other classes, no one will pug you in a raid or fractals.

gear up a condi PS and delete your necro

> @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

> > @Zefiris.8297 said:

> > No, actually it just shows that the spec is not performing well, and is doing subpar damage. You can be as good as you want, if the class is not capable of outputting suitable damage, then it is simply not a good class for damage.

> >

> > Right now, I can do more damage on my cPS warrior with a much simpler playstyle. Who does better support at the same time.

>

> It shows that it was OVER performing. It was a bug, it was a mess for PvP and WvW and made them insanely over powered. It shows just how broken that bug was. Now this BUG has been fixed, they can look at adjusting skills and such. Crying out that its been nerfed into the ground for a BUG getting fixed is over the top. It was ALWAYS going to be nerfed. It was insanely broken. Instant cast. Insane condi application.

>

> You think Scourge is bad!? Check Soulbeast out. It has whole trait lines that are riddled with bugs and issues, it has skills, utilities and Elites that have limited to NO use with the new added mechanic Lol.

>

>

"BUG" fixes that cause such massive swings in performance should not be released until balance fixes are implemented at the same time to add some kind of stability instead of this constant swing of GOOD SHIT GOOD SHIT... While Soulbeast may have bugs, this discussion is around Scourge.

> @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

> It shows how bad many of these Scourge players are now that an UNINTENDED issue has been fixed, suddenly they cant play it. This bug should have been fixed weeks ago though. Crying saying that its now worthless for a B U G being fixed...

IS shows how well-designed profession is if its viability is dictated by bug...

> @Frostwolve.2916 said:

> 30% seems like an over dramatization to me

Now we will back to being unwelcome class to the raids

Yea thats is less than month enjoining with our class who can compete with the rest of the classes

Then one or two years till the next expansion when they release another elite specialization and its gos on

> >

> >

>

Oh, I gotcha, thanks for taking the time to reply here to me/for us!