please keep the karma shop available for repeatable renown hearts

That's by design. If people could throw Karma at these vendors without playing, then the quests those currencies support would be meaningless.

ALL currencies in gw2, except gems, require playtime. Earning end-game rewards without investing playtime reduces the prestige of having those items. Legendaries, Skyscale, Griffon, Requiem armor, and MANY, MANY others.

> @"keenedge.9675" said:

> Right, each day you gotta do your chores to have the privilege. We've all done them and moved on, btw.

First of all, plenty of these Hearts will give credit also when you do events that are close by, so there are plenty of Hearts that automatically open vendor view when do Bounty, Events and that kind of stuff that are close to those Hearts. Secondly this is to prevent that people use those Hearts to farm map token. That there will still be reason to actually do things even when you unlocked map and mounts.

In this case you have very fast way to open Kormir Heart just by picking up all treatment skills (from items that lay around in the same place) and interact with injured NPCs a couple of times. Each skill have 5 charges meaning you roll through this very fast. There are Hearts that take a little more work then this.

I play mostly before and during reset, so I know that it is annoying that you have to do this again after reset as long those possible to do while you are doing other things and also gain more Karma in the same go then I don't see that as a major issue. Also if you take a look at how many Hearts there is in each PoF, and LW then you will see that those are just a few compared to old Tyrias number Hearts. Do a meta train or Bounty and you will rather fast have unlocked most Hearts.

Seems like it was an unnecessary change. Having to redo the heart to get daily access is a new addition, and a pain in the butt. I did the content, to open the vendor - but now they want us to do it again, and again, and again. The whole renewable heart thing makes no sense to me. Making us repeat content... is not new content. It is just a new burr in our butts.

> @"Torben.5628" said:

> it's not about them being open by default, it's about them closing after a day when I already completed the quest on the previous day

Well, it was based on a request made(by a minority of the minority that post) on the forums, but that wasn't exactly what the person was asking for, it just came out that way from ArenaNet.

> @"Tukaram.8256" said:

> Seems like it was an unnecessary change. Having to redo the heart to get daily access is a new addition, and a pain in the butt. I did the content, to open the vendor - but now they want us to do it again, and again, and again. The whole renewable heart thing makes no sense to me. Making us repeat content... is not new content. It is just a new burr in our butts.

See above reply for the reason this change was made several years ago, and no one ever said it was new content, it was deemed a way to get players to replay maps again...whether or not it worked I won't comment on since I almost never buy anything from the heart Karma vendors anyways...unless it was a cooking ingredient I needed(that's the most I use them for, on rare occasions they would have something else I needed).

I can redo hero points that have you fight something for a reward, one reason why I usually join HP runs even though I already have everything unlocked on my ranger and a few others. Having to redo those tasks to unlock the vendor, to be able to buy something I forgot for a collection and my only reward being unlocking the vendor over and over again, is a poor design.

If they want us repeating the same motions over and over again, they should just add a reputation system in ala WoW and have the items tiered. Honestly that was the only reason I prolly spent more time than I should have in Mists of Pandaria was building up the rep to get mounts and gear. It would also lean in better for having mount skins being available in game if they did a tiered system like that so that you had to work on getting the item you wanted and once hitting max tier, have that work get translated into something like a hero box daily or the like to continue participating. That would motivate me helluva lot more to actually completing the hearts instead of doing what I do now. Which is nothing because I already got what I needed from the heart vendors in Crystal Desert for my main and alts so they sit stagnate as I farm HP points for their daily reward and then leave the maps for the other dailies.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"Tukaram.8256" said:

> > Seems like it was an unnecessary change. Having to redo the heart to get daily access is a new addition, and a pain in the butt. I did the content, to open the vendor - but now they want us to do it again, and again, and again. The whole renewable heart thing makes no sense to me. Making us repeat content... is not new content. It is just a new burr in our butts.

>

> See above reply for the reason this change was made several years ago, and no one ever said it was new content, it was deemed a way to get players to replay maps again...whether or not it worked I won't comment on since I almost never buy anything from the heart Karma vendors anyways...unless it was a cooking ingredient I needed(that's the most I use them for, on rare occasions they would have something else I needed).

Considering that this gimmick doesn;t seem to be used anymore, i'd say that they most likely didn't work all that well. It's just Anet doesn't like to revisit/redo old content, so they're unlikely to ever address it for LS 4/5 chapters.

> @"Torben.5628" said:

> The wiki describes it as "enabling players to earn the rewards for completing them again" (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Renown_Heart)

>

> However, it should rather say "forces you to complete the task again if you want to buy stuff from that guy next day"

>

> Very annoying

So basically I should be able to complete the hearts in Bitterfrost once then go back each day and just buy the berries for Karma.

10/10 Armchair design.

> @"Torben.5628" said:

> However, it should rather say "forces you to complete the task again if you want to buy stuff from that guy next day"

It is an MMO where the goal is keep you playing for as many hours per day/week/month as possible, so working as intended.

At least ANET caved and changed it so heart progress no longer resets daily, provided you didn't complete it. Before if you got the heart progress to 75% but didn't finish, after daily reset it was back to 0.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"Torben.5628" said:

> > The wiki describes it as "enabling players to earn the rewards for completing them again" (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Renown_Heart)

> >

> > However, it should rather say "forces you to complete the task again if you want to buy stuff from that guy next day"

> >

> > Very annoying

> So basically I should be able to complete the hearts in Bitterfrost once then go back each day and just buy the berries for Karma.

> 10/10 Armchair design.

Considering how easy berries are to farm, why are you buying them for karma? In the time it would take you to do one heart, you could easily farm 10x more berries on a second character.

Also, you could lock that one purchase behind heart recompletion, but leave most of the other wares accessible after just one first unlock.