Scion weapons - Dragon Coffer from trading post?

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> There is a chance yes to get a Gift of Aurene which has them. An extremely low chance.

>

> You are guaranteed getting one from the first 1000 mistborn coffers opened in the Dragonfall map if rng doesn't work for you

Has anyone calculated how long that takes? I haven't been to that map is forever, but I mean 1000 chests is still a lot of metas.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > There is a chance yes to get a Gift of Aurene which has them. An extremely low chance.

> >

> > You are guaranteed getting one from the first 1000 mistborn coffers opened in the Dragonfall map if rng doesn't work for you

>

> Has anyone calculated how long that takes? I haven't been to that map is forever, but I mean 1000 chests is still a lot of metas.

If you manage to grab every coffer one per cycle ...

6 per lane x 3

9 for completing the meta

3 per champ x 9

so that is 54 per meta or a minimum of 19 Dragonfall metas completed but that is not really doable

with just one lane it would be 6 + 9 + 27 = 42 per meta or 24 metas completed but you might not have enough keys

from the perspective of keys you should be able to get at least 22 keys(should be higher, not sure how many you get from the final chest) per meta assuming you are there from start to finish which brings us to 46 metas completed

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > There is a chance yes to get a Gift of Aurene which has them. An extremely low chance.

> > >

> > > You are guaranteed getting one from the first 1000 mistborn coffers opened in the Dragonfall map if rng doesn't work for you

> >

> > Has anyone calculated how long that takes? I haven't been to that map is forever, but I mean 1000 chests is still a lot of metas.

>

> If you manage to grab every coffer one per cycle ...

> 6 per lane x 3

> 9 for completing the meta

> 3 per champ x 9

>

> so that is 54 per meta or a minimum of 19 Dragonfall metas completed but that is not really doable

>

> with just one lane it would be 6 + 9 + 27 = 42 per meta or 24 metas completed but you might not have enough keys

>

> from the perspective of keys you should be able to get at least 22 keys(should be higher, not sure how many you get from the final chest) per meta assuming you are there from start to finish which brings us to 46 metas completed

Hrm, so that's not nearly as bad as I thought, though the issue is the keys - if you could buy them from the vendor with map currency like you can with HoT metas, that would be OK, but this forces me to have to do the pre-events as well as the meta.

According to my achievement tab, I've only done The Battle of Dragonfall 13 times...yikes. Oh well lol.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > There is a chance yes to get a Gift of Aurene which has them. An extremely low chance.

> > > >

> > > > You are guaranteed getting one from the first 1000 mistborn coffers opened in the Dragonfall map if rng doesn't work for you

> > >

> > > Has anyone calculated how long that takes? I haven't been to that map is forever, but I mean 1000 chests is still a lot of metas.

> >

> > If you manage to grab every coffer one per cycle ...

> > 6 per lane x 3

> > 9 for completing the meta

> > 3 per champ x 9

> >

> > so that is 54 per meta or a minimum of 19 Dragonfall metas completed but that is not really doable

> >

> > with just one lane it would be 6 + 9 + 27 = 42 per meta or 24 metas completed but you might not have enough keys

> >

> > from the perspective of keys you should be able to get at least 22 keys(should be higher, not sure how many you get from the final chest) per meta assuming you are there from start to finish which brings us to 46 metas completed

>

> Hrm, so that's not nearly as bad as I thought, though the issue is the keys - if you could buy them from the vendor with map currency like you can with HoT metas, that would be OK, but this forces me to have to do the pre-events as well as the meta.

>

> According to my achievement tab, I've only done The Battle of Dragonfall 13 times...yikes. Oh well lol.

The recurring events that start after a camp hits t1 also gives keys. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistborn_Key

So you do each lane up to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stop_the_Branded_Mender_from_collecting_magic_for_Kralkatorrik to get all the coffers then start doing other stuff for keys

On the other hand guaranteed stuff usually have worse "odds" than the natural drop so in theory most people should get it before the 1000 coffers. This should be more of a safety net for the people on the right side of the curve.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > There is a chance yes to get a Gift of Aurene which has them. An extremely low chance.

> > > > >

> > > > > You are guaranteed getting one from the first 1000 mistborn coffers opened in the Dragonfall map if rng doesn't work for you

> > > >

> > > > Has anyone calculated how long that takes? I haven't been to that map is forever, but I mean 1000 chests is still a lot of metas.

> > >

> > > If you manage to grab every coffer one per cycle ...

> > > 6 per lane x 3

> > > 9 for completing the meta

> > > 3 per champ x 9

> > >

> > > so that is 54 per meta or a minimum of 19 Dragonfall metas completed but that is not really doable

> > >

> > > with just one lane it would be 6 + 9 + 27 = 42 per meta or 24 metas completed but you might not have enough keys

> > >

> > > from the perspective of keys you should be able to get at least 22 keys(should be higher, not sure how many you get from the final chest) per meta assuming you are there from start to finish which brings us to 46 metas completed

> >

> > Hrm, so that's not nearly as bad as I thought, though the issue is the keys - if you could buy them from the vendor with map currency like you can with HoT metas, that would be OK, but this forces me to have to do the pre-events as well as the meta.

> >

> > According to my achievement tab, I've only done The Battle of Dragonfall 13 times...yikes. Oh well lol.

>

> The recurring events that start after a camp hits t1 also gives keys. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistborn_Key

>

> So you do each lane up to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stop_the_Branded_Mender_from_collecting_magic_for_Kralkatorrik to get all the coffers then start doing other stuff for keys

>

> On the other hand guaranteed stuff usually have worse "odds" than the natural drop so in theory most people should get it before the 1000 coffers. This should be more of a safety net for the people on the right side of the curve.

I know im just one person, but it took me opening 1000 chests to get the scion weapon, and yes i kept track. I havent seen one since.

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> @"Dante.1763" 1,000 of the ones buyable from the TP?

That's the dragon coffers. It's the mistborn coffers from the map itself you need to open your first 1000 of to get a weapon guaranteed

The Dragon coffer just gives a very, very, very low chance of the weapon you want, but not the guarantee after 1000 opens

They should add them to the guaranteed unlockers, there’s literally thousands of skins in there so they don’t lose much rarity. Yet at the same time people who love the set, or completionists, have a distant hope they can finish the set (by unlocking everything in the wardrobe things)

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> They should add them to the guaranteed unlockers, there’s literally thousands of skins in there so they don’t lose much rarity. Yet at the same time people who love the set, or completionists, have a distant hope they can finish the set (by unlocking everything in the wardrobe things)

I think this is fair