Umm, you sure messed up my screen res!

All i know is I will NOT be playing until something is done. I will not play an ugly game, and what this has done is made my game ugly. not only do things not fit, everything in the UI is fuzzy. I was able to kinda get things to fit by changing to Small, but still isn't right.

What was the purpose of this anyway? what was it supposed to accomplish? i must be missing it, because all it did was turn my game into a miserable experience.

When the app is DPI unaware, such as the 32-bit app, Windows 8+ attempts to be clever by scaling the window, blurring it. You can tell Windows to stop that behavior in the properties of the app. (i.e. right-clicking the exe, Properties)

Some more details can be found [here](https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2900023/some-desktop-applications-may-appear-blurred-on-high-dpi-displays).

I've unchecked "Override high DPI scaling behavior" in the properties of Gw2-64.exe, but the issue with launcher scaling persists. However, I did notice that I can leave it enabled and select "System" instead of "Application" from the drop-down menu under the checkbox, which solves the problem of the launcher opening partway under the edge of the screen (but does nothing about the scaling). There's also a "System (Enhanced)" option in the drop-down menu, but selecting that seems to make it impossible to move, minimize, or close the launcher window normally. This is on a Windows 10 system.

![](https://i.imgur.com/QHxlPg1.png "")

Edit: Unfortunately this seems to break the DPI scaling checkbox in-game, so it's not as useful a workaround as I originally thought.

> @islarose.7356 said:

> Seems like an issue with Windows settings, as opposed to the client itself, as Jon said. Which I suppose would explain why it's only negatively impacting a minority of players. I can't even tell a difference post-patch: everything is as I left it.

but yet changing those settings in windows did NOTHING on my end.

My laptop's resolution is 1920x1080 on a 15" screen. Checking Windows 10's display properties (right-click the desktop and select Display settings) shows it recommends 125% scaling. Setting that to 100% (effectively turning off scaling) fixes the launcher scaling but at the cost making everything too small to read in Windows (at least for these old eyes ;) ). In game, turning off DPI scaling fixes the game itself. It seems this patch has made the launcher honor Window's scaling as well as the game. What we need is an option to disable DPI scaling for the launcher too.

Edit: Like some of the previous posters, the game resets the DPI scaling option when it launches. I have to uncheck it each time. Frustrating to say the least.

> @"Jon Olson.8439" said:

> When the app is DPI unaware, such as the 32-bit app, Windows 8+ attempts to be clever by scaling the window, blurring it. You can tell Windows to stop that behavior in the properties of the app. (i.e. right-clicking the exe, Properties)

> Some more details can be found [here](https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2900023/some-desktop-applications-may-appear-blurred-on-high-dpi-displays).

I tried this and it didn't work.