What are Anet's Actual Intentions with Soulbeast?

ArmageddonAsh.6430

> @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

> > @vicious.5683 said:

> > > @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

> > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > You are exactly right.

> > > >

> > > > This is the reason ANet hardly responds to forum questions, people do not like to be attacked and that is pretty much what they get when they do respond. Framing the thread as an attack to begin with is counter-productive.

> > >

> > > Well, if they weren't making such basic mistakes. Then maybe people wouldnt be calling them out on it. Soul Beast feels like it wasnt finished. It feels like it is in BETA test mode. Riddled with issues. They constantly release updates that add bugs and issues - this new visual effect bug that has been happening is only another example in a LONG list of issues that Anet themselves have allowed to get into the game with their "testing" of updates before just rushing them out. What is worse, the bugs and issues they release take them an age to fix.

> > >

> > > It gets to the point, where when the big "balance" update comes - You play a game of "Is this intended or a bug" with pretty much everything that they add, because they constantly add bugs and issues, then add changes that they dont list either.

> > >

> >

> > You should stop crying like a baby. Start posting some constructive criticism.

> > If you talk about bugs, report them, explain what's wrong and how it should work.

> > Is your spec not performing as you wish it would? well, wait in line.

> >

> > Also you should spend less time in other profession forums, complaining about the same thing you complain here. It's annoying af.

>

> Why? When was the last time they came into these forums? I posted a list of the bugs in a quote to one of them in another thread, it got removed and i got warned about it. There are MANY threads pointing out all the issues. I have posted quite a few ideas on how to improve the spec myself though balance should be done AFTER the bugs and issues have been fixed. Just like what they are doing with Necro and their game breaking bug. That i give them credit for, always fix bugs before you buff/nerf anything but MANY of the bus and issues Soul Beast have shouldnt have even made it into the game and you just have to question maybe its time they sorted out their pre-release checks and tests as they do this ALL the time be it with game updates or expansion releases, some bugs are expected - Anet level of bugs is insane.

>

> I love Soul Beast, its been pretty much all i have played since PoF came out, its not that its a bad spec. Its all the bugs and issues that annoy me. yes their are balance changes that i would love to see happen and i have posted in many threads on here about how Dagger and the stances could be improved.

We are hitting Autism Levels that shouldn't even be possible

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Beautilation.7915 said:

> > @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

> > > @vicious.5683 said:

> > > > @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

> > > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > > You are exactly right.

> > > > >

> > > > > This is the reason ANet hardly responds to forum questions, people do not like to be attacked and that is pretty much what they get when they do respond. Framing the thread as an attack to begin with is counter-productive.

> > > >

> > > > Well, if they weren't making such basic mistakes. Then maybe people wouldnt be calling them out on it. Soul Beast feels like it wasnt finished. It feels like it is in BETA test mode. Riddled with issues. They constantly release updates that add bugs and issues - this new visual effect bug that has been happening is only another example in a LONG list of issues that Anet themselves have allowed to get into the game with their "testing" of updates before just rushing them out. What is worse, the bugs and issues they release take them an age to fix.

> > > >

> > > > It gets to the point, where when the big "balance" update comes - You play a game of "Is this intended or a bug" with pretty much everything that they add, because they constantly add bugs and issues, then add changes that they dont list either.

> > > >

> > >

> > > You should stop crying like a baby. Start posting some constructive criticism.

> > > If you talk about bugs, report them, explain what's wrong and how it should work.

> > > Is your spec not performing as you wish it would? well, wait in line.

> > >

> > > Also you should spend less time in other profession forums, complaining about the same thing you complain here. It's annoying af.

> >

> > Why? When was the last time they came into these forums? I posted a list of the bugs in a quote to one of them in another thread, it got removed and i got warned about it. There are MANY threads pointing out all the issues. I have posted quite a few ideas on how to improve the spec myself though balance should be done AFTER the bugs and issues have been fixed. Just like what they are doing with Necro and their game breaking bug. That i give them credit for, always fix bugs before you buff/nerf anything but MANY of the bus and issues Soul Beast have shouldnt have even made it into the game and you just have to question maybe its time they sorted out their pre-release checks and tests as they do this ALL the time be it with game updates or expansion releases, some bugs are expected - Anet level of bugs is insane.

> >

> > I love Soul Beast, its been pretty much all i have played since PoF came out, its not that its a bad spec. Its all the bugs and issues that annoy me. yes their are balance changes that i would love to see happen and i have posted in many threads on here about how Dagger and the stances could be improved.

>

> We are hitting Autism Levels that shouldn't even be possible

Well, being that i am actually Autistic. That wouldnt be much of a shock. However, that has nothing to do with how did they manage to release this spec in such a poor state!? Riddled with bugs and issues that SHOULD have been fixed BEFORE the expansion released.

> @Ghotistyx.6942 said:

> > @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > Don't be pretentious. You know full well that the fantasy game archetype "Ranger" is a bow user. Even the GW1 ranger used *5* (ftfy) types of bows as it's weapons. We're also the only class that has access to both bow types as well as having an entire line named "Marksmanship" while not using firearms.

>

> What, you mean the GW1 rangers that had builds like Bunny Thumper, Touch Ranger, Spear Pressure, and Dagger Spammer?

> Or Lord of the Rings where Aragon often featured a Sword and Torch? (The reason GW2 rangers have torch)

> Or Dungeons and Dragons where Rangers have had melee fighting styles since at least 2nd Edition? (1989)

>

> Ranger is more than just a bow.

Gimmick builds that utilized the dual class system were never more widely used than the various incarnations of Cripshot.

Might as well argue for us to be able to raise undead minions because I could spec R/N and equip Animate Bone Horror.

> @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > @Ghotistyx.6942 said:

> > > @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > > Don't be pretentious. You know full well that the fantasy game archetype "Ranger" is a bow user. Even the GW1 ranger used *5* (ftfy) types of bows as it's weapons. We're also the only class that has access to both bow types as well as having an entire line named "Marksmanship" while not using firearms.

> >

> > What, you mean the GW1 rangers that had builds like Bunny Thumper, Touch Ranger, Spear Pressure, and Dagger Spammer?

> > Or Lord of the Rings where Aragon often featured a Sword and Torch? (The reason GW2 rangers have torch)

> > Or Dungeons and Dragons where Rangers have had melee fighting styles since at least 2nd Edition? (1989)

> >

> > Ranger is more than just a bow.

>

> Gimmick builds that utilized the dual class system were never more widely used than the various incarnations of Cripshot.

>

> Might as well argue for us to be able to raise undead minions because I could spec R/N and equip Animate Bone Horror.

But there are no actual builds for Minion Ranger due to the energy requirements and inability to hit 16 Death magic, making it ineffective. All the other builds mentioned were effective builds and used throughout the game. And there were many metas where they were used, Cripshot was the staple you could fall back to at anytime.

> @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

> > @InsaneQR.7412 said:

> > For the soulbeast itself it seems like a hybrid dmg melee oriented E-spec. It needs improvements in traits, skills and mechanics.

> > But it seems to have 3 distinctive roles. 1 Boon heavy, condi/dmg heavy, utility/defensive heavy.

> > Anet needs to improve on them and streamline them to make this E-Spec shine.

>

> The problem here is clear, of what it can do , other classes and even Base/Druid Ranger can do just as well. If not better. Ignoring all the broken abilities, traits and such. The Dagger just is NOWHERE near strong enough, it does poor direct damage, poor condi damage and just overall is meh. Soulbeast needs a LOT of work, it needs its OWN role, something that Ranger or Druid cant do.

>

> An idea could be to change Predators Cunning to also remove/corrupt a boon when applying Poison. Maybe make the bottom line of Soul Beast traits based around Poison application. It would be an issue with Unstoppable Union as quite a few use that but Oppressive Superiority kinda, really sucks! so it wouldnt be too bad if they changed that to something Condi/Poison related

>

>

Instead of specializing lines they could specialize the columns.

Adept major: Effects on leaving-entering beastmode (these should work in both directions)

1.Fresh Reinforcements (as we know it but both directions)

2. Unstoppable Union (as we know it but it also stunbreaks on leaving and your pet will be unblockable)

3. Kill Fast. Your next attack after entering Bmode and the next hit from your pet after leaving will stun your opponent.

Master Major: Effects on activating beast abbilities.

1. Second Skin: Beast abbilities grand Protection to you and your allies. Protection you apply also reduces condi dmg.

2. Live Fast: Beastabbilities grand you Fury and Quickness, increase the duration of all boons you have with a static amount when getting quickness.

3. Predators cunning: Beast abbilities apply poison, hitting a poisoned foe steals live from them.

GM major: Effects that emphasize on role. Survival, support or dmg.

1. Eternal bond: While dying in Bmode you will not die but unsplit and gain protection and a heal. When your pet would die it will merge with you instead and will heal you and give you protection. Both if these should have a seperate CD.

2. Leader of the pack: Allies arround you are also effected from your stances. Reduce stance CD.

3. Oppressive superiority: Your attacks deal more dmg and your condition have higher duration depending on the percentage of your targets missing health. (This is similar to the old effect but it will double when hitting a target under 75%, triple when hitting a target under 50% and quadruple under 25%. The numbers should be toned down though, like 5% dmg and 10% duration).